FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from SoCal! (Belmont Shore / Huntington Beach area)

+2
Jerdon
Mo2vation
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hi folks.

I'm Ken - great to be here.

Been float tube fishing for probably 30-some years. Bucks Bags in the 80's Wood River through the 90's and mid 2000's - moved into Outcast about 6 years or so ago.

Mostly Sierra lakes and local lakes. Most of my inshore fishing is done from a Kayak - but I'm going to be introducing my tubes to the Pacific, now that I'm blocks from the beach in LB and work in HB.

That will be fun - spent a lot of time in Newport bay in the 90s in kayaks and skiffs... so looking forward to taking the tube there.

I love forums. Can't wait to read your stuff, see your photos and learn some new things from the talented and crafty folks here.

- Ken

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Ken. 
We have a lot of SoCal locals here so you should see plenty of familiar spots.
 Enjoy your time here.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ken welcome so glad you found us. You are in the right place kick back and enjoy your time with us. While i am sure you can learn from us i am also sure we can learn from you. Once again welcome and i am sure i will see you in the soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the Forum Mo2vation,

I sounds as though you are bringing a lot of experience and talent to the forum.
I hope to be able to hook-up with you one day soon.

Have a great time and I wish you the best of luck out there! Thumbs Up

Tight lines,

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard Ken............my go to salt is Hunt. Harbor, Los Patos Bridge...............hope to see you in the salt.........GT

6Hello from SoCal! (Belmont Shore / Huntington Beach area) Empty Thanks so much! Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:49 am

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

GT wrote:Welcome aboard Ken............my go to salt is Hunt. Harbor, Los Patos Bridge...............hope to see you in the salt.........GT

Living in Belmont and working in Huntington Beach, I drive up PCH every day, right through Huntington Harbour.

So can't wait to connect with some of you, and learn how to be productive in my new home waters. Smile

- Ken

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome Ken!

I'm in the cheap seats up the hill from Belmont. Mother's beach at the LAB is about a five minute drive. I've fished the LAB many times and have done well there, but like GT, I prefer Huntington Harbor. It's worth the extra ten minutes of driving Smile

Send me a private message on this forum (it goes to my best email address) any time you're looking for someone to tube with and I'll try to make it!

Top Tip - get yourself some Hookup Baits. They're not cheap but they're definitely worth it. They've easily doubled the number of fish I catch. The 1/4 oz. "medium" size is my favorite and I play with the colors. I'm getting some good results with the new mint color, but all the colors work for me. I like the dark colors in low light and the bright colors in bright light.

They have a very limited selection of Hookup Baits at Alamitos Bay Landing in Long Beach, so I either go to Island Fishing Tackle in Carson or Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach. Or you can order from the Hookup Baits website.

Here are my video tips and tricks for both Huntington Harbor and Los Alamitos Bay to help you get acquainted. I also have videos for Newport and Dana Point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck and I hope to see you out there!

8Hello from SoCal! (Belmont Shore / Huntington Beach area) Empty I've seen them all... love the series Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ornery Bob wrote:Welcome Ken!

I'm in the cheap seats up the hill from Belmont. Mother's beach at the LAB is about a five minute drive. I've fished the LAB many times and have done well there, but like GT, I prefer Huntington Harbor. It's worth the extra ten minutes of driving Smile

Send me a private message on this forum (it goes to my best email address) any time you're looking for someone to tube with and I'll try to make it!

Top Tip - get yourself some Hookup Baits. They're not cheap but they're definitely worth it. They've easily doubled the number of fish I catch. The 1/4 oz. "medium" size is my favorite and I play with the colors. I'm getting some good results with the new mint color, but all the colors work for me. I like the dark colors in low light and the bright colors in bright light.

They have a very limited selection of Hookup Baits at Alamitos Bay Landing in Long Beach, so I either go to Island Fishing Tackle in Carson or Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach. Or you can order from the Hookup Baits website.

Here are my video tips and tricks for both Huntington Harbor and Los Alamitos Bay to help you get acquainted. I also have videos for Newport and Dana Point.

Good luck and I hope to see you out there!

The series is how I found you. You're the reason I'm here, OB

We will surely connect very soon.

- Ken

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

That's great to hear! You've definitely found the right place for all things float tube. The guys have been nothing but generous to me and they really helped me get going, so I do what I can to pay that forward and back. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum