The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» Sun, solo session 4-5-20,
by jeffcpr Today at 8:19 pm

» LAH, Solo Session, Sat 4-4-20
by SP Dan Today at 7:00 pm

» Looking for help on the re-design of the Maxxon XPW 240
by Floatingbassturd Today at 7:51 am

» FTFF Jackpot Monthly Event April 19th
by Diver278 Today at 7:47 am

» I will be stepping aside for a little while
by jeffcpr Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:35 pm

» Fast Report, LAH, Solo Session, Wed 4-1-20
by SP Dan Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 pm

» Volume 6 Issue 2 on new stands now
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:55 pm

» I think its time for a FTFF Scavenger hunt
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 pm

» LAH, Solo Session, Thurs 4-2-20
by Jerdon Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 pm

» Common Since
by SP Dan Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 pm

» Fast Report, LAH, Solo Session, Tue 3-31-20
by SP Dan Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 pm

» Dragonfly 4 pro for sale
by Diver278 Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » Whats your favorite knife?

Whats your favorite knife?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whats your favorite knife? Empty Whats your favorite knife? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:43 pm

abayellowback

abayellowback
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Mine is the Mister Twister [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Makes fillets out of a fish in like 30 seconds. I used it to carve every roast or prime rib or fish we ever caught (and that's a LOT).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Last edited by abayellowback on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Moderator
The old Rapala Fish N Fillet for trout or pan fish size, and a Buck 121 for bass and anything bigger.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:51 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
Moderator
I really don't have a favorite but these are my fillet knives to choose from:


PRO-SHARP
EKCO
VICTORENOX



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I keep 'em all razor sharp and always ready when needed. These knives always get the job done for me.


I am a 100% CPR fisherman, when it comes to our polluted local SW surf and our inner harbors


SP Dan     <"))><


_________________
Four out of the five voices that I hear in my head tell me to .... "go for it"!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm

abayellowback

abayellowback
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The old Rapala Fish N Fillet for trout or pan fish size, and a Buck 121 for bass and anything bigger.
What's your opinion on that knife? The leather case looks amazing.

5Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Moderator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The old Rapala Fish N Fillet for trout or pan fish size, and a Buck 121 for bass and anything bigger.
What's your opinion on that knife? The leather case looks amazing.

The Rapala is super flexible and narrow, so it is great for smaller fish. The Buck is good for getting through tougher skin and longer cuts, but is not flexible and can't follow the rib cage as well as the Rapala on smaller fish.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

6Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I really don't have a favorite but these are my fillet knives to choose from:


PRO-SHARP
EKCO
VICTORENOX



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I keep 'em all razor sharp and always ready when needed. These knives always get the job done for me.


I am a 100% CPR fisherman, when it comes to our polluted local SW surf and our inner harbors


SP Dan     <"))><

How do you sharpen them? I am not very good at sharpening.

7Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:27 pm

kin


Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I use a cheapie south bend one I got years ago. It works, but I hate how hard it is to keep it sharp. I use one of those "V" shaped diamond dust sharpeners. Keeps my regular knives in great shape, but that filet knife doesn't seem to hold the edge as well.

8Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:41 am

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I use a cheapie south bend one I got years ago. It works, but I hate how hard it is to keep it sharp. I use one of those "V" shaped diamond dust sharpeners. Keeps my regular knives in great shape, but that filet knife doesn't seem to hold the edge as well.

Thanks for the info!

9Whats your favorite knife? Empty Re: Whats your favorite knife? on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 am

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like this small knife I use when hiking to clean small fish. Its not for filleting fish.  Its a EESE CR 2.5

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum