FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats your favorite lure?

+4
ed5000x
samuraiti
jeffcpr
Madbasser
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Whats your favorite lure? Empty Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

For me it has to be Jig and Pig. I love flipping and pitching and this matches up well with the Jig. Also the Jig is the most famous BIG FISH lure there is, and i always love to catch BIG fish. Twisted Evil

Favorite color has to be Green pumpkin with a little orange. It imitates a brim great and with the right trailer it does good to look like a Craw also.

The head shape must be a tear drop or bullet shape. They way i like to fish it is pulling in and out of weeds and this design does the best job at that.

Size... well i use the 1/4oz the most, but i'm not afraid to throw up to a 1.5oz if the conditions require.

And finally Brand. Well that would a RudeBoys Custom. What a Face What a Face That is what i call my company. I make my own jigs and i'm my only customer, but my best customer Suspect .
lol!

Lets here what you guys use.

Last edited by Madbasser on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : im and idiot.)

2Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey we need to see you pouring skills bro. I would love to start pouring one day myself.
My favorite lure here we go I am still pretty new to the Bass world. I always joke I have been bass fishing all my life but just learned how to bass catch.
I really have confidence in the Drop Shot rig. I like a rodo worm 4" on my set up in darker colors for the most part, and I can handle the T-rig much better now with bigger worms.
I will be drop shoting on the 26th and some t-rigging as well, but it will be with Smith Baits for the most part you guys will like these for sure. I will be drop shotting the Drop Shad and possible the J Shad as well on a 1/4 weight. If I texas rig it will be with there spade tail worms 5" to 6" all darker colors.
But I am always open to try new lures and technique's

By the way great topic bro.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just pour the lead into a mold, paint it with powder paint. Bake the paint on in a little toaster oven. and tie on the skirt. I don't pour the skirt material, i buy the silicone in strips and colored the way i like.

Oh and the most important part for me is that i ONLY use Gamakatsu hooks, and big ones! Just makes me feel good about sticking the fish.

4Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:29 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet still need to see cyclops you r jigs bro. hand made is always better than production as far as I am concerned.

5Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No Problem. I would be glad to throw some in a winners pot some time. Might be too late for the 26th, but maybe on the next one. I don't have no fancy packaging but i can put them in a sandwich bag. hahahah Razz

6Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

it is a deal Thumbs Up

7Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 pm

I take it you are asking about fresh water Bass fishing lures? LOL! For me I guess it will depend on what size the bass I am going after. My bread and butter will always be a texas rigged worm. Color would be Black Grape or Oxblood Red Flake. 6". When I target the bigger bass, I like Pig N' Jigs as well. I love Jig fishing with the old school Uncle Josh Pork trailers. Some of my biggest bucket mouths come on that combo.

For the Salt Bass, I love swimbaits. When I am armed with my 7' Cumara and Chronarch D7, all I need are a handfull of Big Hammer 4" or 5" Swimbaits and 1/4 to 1/2oz Warheads and I am golden. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LC

8Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I take it you are asking about fresh water Bass fishing lures? LOL! For me I guess it will depend on what size the bass I am going after. My bread and butter will always be a texas rigged worm. Color would be Black Grape or Oxblood Red Flake. 6". When I target the bigger bass, I like Pig N' Jigs as well. I love Jig fishing with the old school Uncle Josh Pork trailers. Some of my biggest bucket mouths come on that combo.

For the Salt Bass, I love swimbaits. When I am armed with my 7' Cumara and Chronarch D7, all I need are a handfull of Big Hammer 4" or 5" Swimbaits and 1/4 to 1/2oz Warheads and I am golden. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LC

Sounds great.

I actually want to hear about your favorite lure period. No matter what technique, species, salt or fresh.
If its a favorite fly, plastic or jigging spoon no matter. Everything goes. Even your Calvin Klein cologne for the mermaids is fair game.
drunken

9Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:25 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Great topic but difficult one! Jigs are always at the top of my list (I tie my skirts on but don't bother with pouring!) but the ones that are most fun for me would be either a Snag Proof (Bobby's Perfect) Frog OR any number of wake baits (Catchem Caro, DOA, Slammer, etc). Nothing like getting a huge blowup on one of those baits!!! Twisted Evil

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

10Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

True that!
Top waters are the most exiting by far.

11Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Madbasser wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I take it you are asking about fresh water Bass fishing lures? LOL! For me I guess it will depend on what size the bass I am going after. My bread and butter will always be a texas rigged worm. Color would be Black Grape or Oxblood Red Flake. 6". When I target the bigger bass, I like Pig N' Jigs as well. I love Jig fishing with the old school Uncle Josh Pork trailers. Some of my biggest bucket mouths come on that combo.

LC

Sounds great.

I actually want to hear about your favorite lure period. No matter what technique, species, salt or fresh.
If its a favorite fly, plastic or jigging spoon no matter. Everything goes. Even your Calvin Klein cologne for the mermaids is fair game.
drunken

LOL!! Well then, let's see.. One of my FAVORITE ways to fish for BIG Calicos: I LOVE Throwing the light Irons like TADY 45's in Brown Bait, or a Candy Bar Color into the rough areas around boiler rocks. Slow wind them back and hang on to your pants! My Trinidad 16N is perfect for that application. I also love trimming up mymain motor, and slow drift across right on top of the kelp canopies. 15LB CXX 3/4OZ lead heads and a Big Hammer. Straight pitch the kelp stringers and freespool down the line... your spool starts to triple its speed and it's time to WIND and game on!

Grumpy Sandies: I LOVE 1oz leadheads depending on the current, on a old school Twin Tail Scampy. Tag it with a strip of squid or Hot Sauce and bottom bounce structure on 15LB CXX. Grumpies will come out and play!

Spotted Bay Bass: Let's not get into Spotties. I will have to leave work and go fishing...

I can go on and on! I have a favorite for every specie of fishy!

LC

12Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Now that's what i'm talking about!!!!!

Lets see some passion come out. Great post Coconut. so descriptive i felt like i was right there with you.

13Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well guy i have a lot of lures but i dont really know how or when to use them i usually ask waxon to help me and hes caught fish using lures but ive had no luck or skill Crying or Very sad

14Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well keep your eyes and ears open I am sure we can all help dial you in over time and this would be a good thread to strart with.

15Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Well keep your eyes and ears open I am sure we can all help dial you in over time and this would be a good thread to strart with.

i learned a lot from waxon and maybe i just get fusey and end up going to live bait
(do you mean a new topic)

16Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

ed5000x wrote:

i learned a lot from waxon and maybe i just get fusey and end up going to live bait
(do you mean a new topic)

No just stick this one out there will be alot of tip and trick explained I am sure. I had the same problem when it came to fishing with plastic worms to slow they don't work back to night crawlers. To make most of these lures work you have to stick with them even when it is hard going.
Time and patience will pay off in the long run. And after your first few fish you will have new knowledge and a good feel for that lure. Then you work on the next one, and just keep it going.

17Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Something to Jeff's point...one of the best ways to learn a lure new to you is to bring JUST that one lure with you on a trip when you know the fish are biting. Gives you some great confidence and you start to really learn it. If you bring too many rods and lures with you, you always tend to go back to the lures you have the most confidence in. Not a good way to learn something new!

Dang, I really got to start working here and not keep posting...

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

18Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Work is overrated! LOL

19Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Madbasser wrote:Work is overrated! LOL

LOL!! With that said...

I love fishing Tube Jigs! 1/8 oz bell sinker in the front of a 3" Salt and Pepper Tube on a 2/0 Wide Gap offset Owner. Fished on my 7' SJR IMX Rod with my good ole Stradic 1000 on 6LB Seaguar Fluro. Target area: BOAT DOCKS! How to fish them: I do the Skip Technique. Roll up to the boat docks with your troll motor or in a float tube, flick of your wrist and skip that tube bait way under that dock! Watch your line and look for the line to "flick" as you are bit on the sink!! Load that road and haul that bucket mouth in! Or Smallie. WOO HOO!

LC

Back to work...

20Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Boat docks are my favorite to fish. I just cant pass one up. I wanna go fish some of the lakes down south were the shore is just loaded for MILES with boat docks. Ok going into a dream state.... Back to work.

21Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Madbasser wrote:Boat docks are my favorite to fish. I just cant pass one up. I wanna go fish some of the lakes down south were the shore is just loaded for MILES with boat docks. Ok going into a dream state.... Back to work.

Man, you've got me all riled up and I can't think straight! zDNgjksngjsngjnsfunivnvbiwfbw..... Razz

22Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:Sweet still need to see cyclops you r jigs bro. hand made is always better than production as far as I am concerned.
ALWAYS!!! Very Happy

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

23Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I like to fish a texas rigged chigger craw....I have always had success on those and like to throw them in all situations....

24Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Got to love the names of some of these lures chigger craw, Ha Ha

25Whats your favorite lure? Empty Re: Whats your favorite lure? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah, some are funny. Crazy legs Chigger craw. Strike king has some real winners: Space monkey, Smoking rooster, Anaconda, Biffle bug.

Reaction Inovations also: Sweet Beaver, Ball Buster...

Anything that will make u buy them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum