FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAB night session 2-18-19

+2
Jerdon
TobyB
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty LAB night session 2-18-19 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:24 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey everyone went out last night to LAB with a friend of mine.  I took out my Caddis Pro 2000 for its maiden voyage. I have to say this tube was easy to handle and a pleasure to fish. I can't complain as it was a little over 100 dollars on amazon. I plan on fishing this tube until I can figure out what exactly is going on with my Seven bass Explorer.  
We launched about 630pm and went straight to our first sport by ballast point. These Docls and Rocls allways seem to produce fish for us and Last night was no different. I caught 10 fish along this stretch. The opening were the boat house restaurant is located seems to be the fishiest spot along that stretch. We rode the in coming tide down to the little marina there then kicked across to the housees on naples island. This spot porduced some fish but the tide was slack and the fishing was tough. We still managed some fish and I caught a nice 12 inch Calico to complete my first Bass trifecta this year.  Sorry for the lack of pictures will edit the post later with the pictures as I have to get them off of my phone.
We fished this area of naples island for a couple hours and then kicked back to ballast point to fininsh off the night. We were off of the water at 1 am. The weather was beautiful and very little wind to contend with. Even thought it was cold, it was still manageable without the wind. All in all it was a great trip. I had a total of 19 fish which is my best night to date in a float tube. Thanks for reading and tight lines everyone.

2LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice night out, 19 fish and the trifecta. Your night runs are great to read about.

Thanks for sharing.

3LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Jerdon.

4LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:19 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good going! I can absolutely agree with you about the caddis pro! I still have mine even though I ride a cumberland now. I can't get over how light it is and how well it handles. On those super windy days on the cumberland, I wish I was on the caddis. What I didn't like was the flimsy seat though. I suggest stiffining up the back rest too, makes a world of a different too. Good going again for braving the cold!

5LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks for sharing I had fun watching this on Facebook and Instagram as you posted fish after fish. Glad the Caddis did so well, I had one for a while and enjoyed it, I agree it is amazingly lightweight.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 am

volcomsurfrider

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great night session for sure! I'm sure the water temperature was higher than the air temperature! I miss night time tubing sessions and that area you guys fished is always fun!

7LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi ya TobyB,

Yahoo! Finally a fish report again ... I gotta respond! lol

I haven’t had any personal experience with the Caddis Pro 2000 but by reading your words; that you shared, about your maiden voyage experience that it was convincing to me that it is a really nice float tube for the inner harbors.

I tip my hat to you for your determination and indurance to fish during the dark and chilly cold evenings!
You da man!!

On one of my last sessions; this year while fishing with GT, I had a conversation with GT about how the smaller fish seem to be hungrier and hitting a little bit harder. Have you noticed this as well?

Excellent fish numbers!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan    <”))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

8LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:57 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:Hi ya TobyB,

Yahoo! Finally a fish report again ... I gotta respond! lol

I haven’t had any personal experience with the Caddis Pro 2000 but by reading your words; that you shared, about your maiden voyage experience that it was convincing to me that it is a really nice float tube for the inner harbors.

I tip my hat to you for your determination and indurance to fish during the dark and chilly cold evenings!
You da man!!

On one of my last sessions; this year while fishing with GT, I had a conversation with GT about how the smaller fish seem to be hungrier and hitting a little bit harder. Have you noticed this as well?

Excellent fish numbers!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan    <”))><

It seems the smaller fish are out in force and are really aggressive. We didn't have a single keeper Monday night. It seems the sand bass are really skinny but that could be the time of year. The spotties and one Calico i caught seemed to be fatter. Some of the 11 and 12 inch spotties i caught put a bend in my rod and I thought were going to be legal. Spotties pound for pound fight harder than the Calicos and Sandies of the same size. After reading all your reports I finally figured out how to fish the HUBs. The red crab and brown and gold were the ticket. Seemed to entice the fish more then the Gulp. Looking forward to your reports as well. Thank you so much sir.
I was really surprised how well it handled. Its not your normal tear drop shape. The back of the tube doesn't bend upwards like most of the tubes it stays flat or points a little downwards. I thought that might make the tube slower but it didn't have a negative affect on the speed or handling in the water. Only downside is the tube only has a two inch thick foam seat so the tube still caves a little. Instead of the pockets staying on top of the tube they leaned in. That is the only negatice I have for that tube. I really enjoyed it and look forward to many more uses. The good thing is Caddis has a two year warranty.

9LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:59 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

kin wrote:good going! I can absolutely agree with you about the caddis pro! I still have mine even though I ride a cumberland now. I can't get over how light it is and how well it handles. On those super windy days on the cumberland, I wish I was on the caddis. What I didn't like was the flimsy seat though. I suggest stiffining up the back rest too, makes a world of a different too. Good going again for braving the cold!
Thank youi. The seat is a little flimsy allows the tube to cave a bit but if that is the only negative I am good..The back rest of the seat i added a three rod holder and i take a smal igloo cooler so that helps keep the back rest straight.

10LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

volcomsurfrider wrote:Great night session for sure! I'm sure the water temperature was higher than the air temperature! I miss night time tubing sessions and that area you guys fished is always fun!

It was chilly. My hands were feeling it at the end of the night..lol The good thing about night fishing we can stay out on the water longer. The fish cooperate better at night for us Very Happy

11LAB night session 2-18-19 Empty Re: LAB night session 2-18-19 Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:04 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Thanks for sharing I had fun watching this on Facebook and Instagram as you posted fish after fish.  Glad the Caddis did so well, I had one for a while and enjoyed it, I agree it is amazingly lightweight.

Thanks for following the action. Its always nice when the fish cooperate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum