FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My thoughts on the best tube

+2
SP Dan
jeffcpr
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My thoughts on the best tube Empty My thoughts on the best tube Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So over the years I have been fortune enough to have the opportunity to test out and ride many different tubes.  
1. Bucks Bags Cutthroat
2. Browning U boat
3. Trout unlimited - Gallatin and Kennebec
4. Creek Company - Uboat 2000 and ODC 420
5. Classic Accessories - Bighorn, Teton, Togiak, and Cumberland
6. Caddis - Pro 2000
7. Seven Bass - Flatform, One, Element, Explorer, and Expedition
8. Maxxon XPW 240 and 239
9. Most recently the Bucks Bags Roughneck.

I have been luck to have these opportunities and I wanted to share with you all what I liked and disliked about these tubes over the past that I have tried and fished.  Stay tuned more to come.

So we all know I will be using a scale of 1 to 10 to rate each tube. 1 being the best and 10 not the best (I do not want to say worst because they all have there place Thumbs Up )
This is my scale and my opinion on each tube I do not mean to offend any one or any company it simple my experience.

Last edited by jeffcpr on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am; edited 5 times in total

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

We will start with the Bucks Bags Cutthroat donut float tube and the Browning U boat.

Both of these tubes were my first ever attempts in the water.  And they had to be good boats because almost 28 years later I am still hooked.  The Cutthroat was my first tube ever and I bought it used I think at a yard sale.  I new nothing about tubing but the Cutthroat made it very easy to get on the water.  It was kind of tough getting in and out of the water and the storage was slim but it did work well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Browning Uboat was also a used tube from Play it Again Sports.  I saw the open bow and thought that has to be easier to get in and out of and we all know this to be true.  The tube was a work horse and served me well for about 3 years with little issues as did the Cutthroat.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Not the Browning tube I had but it is close)

The Cutthroat is still around unlike the Browning for the purest float tuber this is a great way to go but neither are high on my list of great tubes.  Not because of the tube not being worth it just that they are just beginner level tubes.

Of this list of 9 I would say they are about 6 to 7 with 1 being the best and 10 not the best (I did not want to say worst because they all have there place Thumbs Up )

SP Dan likes this post

3My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I am looking to see which; you say, is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thumbs Up

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So I eventually moved to the Trout Unlimited Gallatin float tube. This was the first tube I bought new in the box and I was so excited about this float tube. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What made me excited about this tube was the double pontoon style of the of the boat. I came from 2 tubes that had a single main bladder and this was now has 2 main pontoon bladders and as we all can see this just provides us with more safety. I use this tube for maybe the next 4 years and it served me well for those years in fact it was the first tube to get me on the saltwater. The tackle storage was not anything better than what I had on the the other tubes. I was a little higher out of the water with the Gallatin but not very much higher out of the water. I would have placed this 7 on my scale of 1 to 10

I soon moved to a Trout Unlimited Kennebec this one if I remember correctly was also a new tube. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Kennebec was I felt an improvement in float tube fishing at least at the time. It was basically the Gallatin with new seating. So I was excited to test out the seating in the Kennebec. This new seat style did keep me higher out of the water then the other sling seat tubes did and that was a plus. one big down side was the back rest. It was very odd, the back rest was built with 2 rods on the outside edge of the back rest to hold it upright. Once in the tube you could sit up against the back rest with comfort but after a few hours those backrest rods on both sides started to bug my back, so much so that you wanted to get out.

The new seating was great as far as being out of the water but the back rest was not good at all. I place this tube 8 on the scale of 1 out of 10

SP Dan likes this post

5My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Let's move on to the Creek Company U-Boat 2000 which again was new in the box for me. I bought it as it was on sale for I think under $60 and it seemed like a good back up. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So this was back to the basic float tube and I will say it was I think a better version of the basic tube. It was very light weight and had an interesting setup for keeping the bow of the boat open. It has a nylon webbing on the side of the boat that tied to the front of each side of the bow. You simply tighten down the strap before inflating and that helped to keep the front from closing in on you as you sat on the seat. This did work pretty good. This was a very good entry level tube but it was so light weight it almost did not feel safe to me. I would place this as a 5 on the one out of 10 scale

SP Dan likes this post

6My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

This moves us me to the Creek Company ODC 420.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When we at the FTFF landed Creek Company as a sponsor they sent the ODC 420 and this is one of the float tubes I had eyes on now for a few years.  This tube was very different from the other tube as it had the stadium seating that looked like it was be better then most with foam seating and foam back rest did not disappoint.  Initially I can say this tube was quickly high on my 10 scale I might even say at the time it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the time.  

Let boat was well built and light weight tackle storage was better then most and the V-Shape and PVC coated bottom made it move very well through the water.  I was very impressed but one concern I had was simple the outer shell seemed to be kind of thin.  While I really did not have much issue with it tearing I head of a lot of other people that had this issue.  Which lead to finding out that Creek Company had some very poor customer service.  After about 4 years in this tube I was beginning to get frustrated by the narrowness of the seating, as my legs would rub the inside of the side pontoons.  This was not a big deal but it did big me quite a bit at the end.  I will give this boat a 10 on the scale of 1 to 10 mainly because of there customer service which I experienced once or twice.

SP Dan likes this post

7My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Next let's discuss the Teton and Bighorn from Classic Accessories - First the Teton. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the Teton was offered from Classic as it was one of the newer tubes they put out on the market years past. The Teton came to me and once out of the box I would say I was unimpressed. This boat was small and just a basic float tube with no real bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong it is well built but it seemed more like a good boat for a kid rather then a grow adult. It has a sling seat standard side pockets and that is about it. for me it ends up with a 9 on a scale of 1 out of 10

Next the Bighorn by Classic Accessories. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So this came the same time the Teton came. At first glance it was nothing other then a big boy version of a entry level old school U-Boat. Nothing real exciting about this boat either. It is a great boat for an adult vs the Teton but over the years the Bighorn has proven to be a work horse. I did not hold on to this one long but those that have this boat say that it is a long lasting tube. Another Classic Accessories that is built to last. I give this one a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.

SP Dan likes this post

8My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now time to talk about the Togiak from Classic Accessories (I think at some point Classic acquired Trout Unlimited).

So I was excited about this boat as seating was better then the sling seat but still had that issue with the those backrest rods on both sides of the seat which I knew would bug my back.  But the tube was still a pretty good one.  The pockets were better on this tube a little bigger and a few more pockets which made it seem to me that they finally made storage on these tubes better overall.  I spect a bout a year with this tube and in performed well again this is a good entry tube that if you care for it last you.  I would say this is a 5 on the scale of 1 to 10.

Whacked and SP Dan like this post

9My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now we come to the Cumberland Float Tube by Classic Accessories.

Again this was a tube sent to me by Classic Accessories about 7 years ago I think.  This was a test and review for then type of deal and before it arrived I had a chance to actually try this tube when ed5000x offer it to me one night at the L.A.B
This first ride for me was a dream it was so comfortable compared to the ODC 240 which was its closest comparison at the time.  The stadium seating was I feel better then the ODC 420 and it seemed just a little wider in the seat.  The pockets again where getting better as they designed these to open open enough to fit larger tackle boxes.  I am still not sure what good the drink holders are, but people have use them in different ways.  The boat has a PVC coated bottom that I already enjoyed on the ODC 420, but the nylon cover was just better all around.  The attention to detail was great as they put Velcro around the valve opening and the bladder which in the long run helps with positioning the bladders unlike the ODC 420.
Also I forgot to mention the ODC 420 has the valves in the pockets which is a poor placement most people say and I truly agree.  The Cumberland was placed on the back edge of the pocket just behind the pockets (Perfect).  No I will say this the Cumberland quickly became my go to float tube and it was quickly for me the top of the line as far as float tubes go.  I will hold of on rating this tube right now and will discuss where I feel this tube belongs on the list of best tubes at the end.

Last edited by jeffcpr on Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

SP Dan likes this post

10My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now on to the Caddis Pro 2000.

This was a used purchase as I always wanted to try this tube and never had the opportunity till I found this on Craigslist for maybe I think $50. It was in good condition no leaks and I had a chance to give it a try.
This will be quick Pro's light weight and compact
Cons Small low back rest and poor V-shape design

The seat was lacking not very comfortable and the back rest lets be honest it sucked. The pockets were small and did not hold much. The back of the tube which came to a V-shape was a big problem. It was not attached at the tip so when you got into the water it would collapse over itself in the back. Which to be seemed to help the whole tube fold in on itself and me setting in the seat.
Let's just say I quickly sold this tube on craigslist once again as it did not serve the needs for me. I cannot say it is a bad tube but for me it was a 10 on the scale of 1 to 10

SP Dan likes this post

11My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:46 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So a few years ago for the forum I started talking with 7 Bass about helping bring there boat to the U.S. It did happen about 2 years after our talks and I offered for us to be there promotors. part of the deal was to seen out there tubes to us to test and review which we did. So here is where I talk about them which I don't do much of but here we go.
The One:

So the One by 7 bass is a very basic float tube. It is a small light weight canvas covered tube with no real bells and whistles other then the inflatable seat. The seat is not new just not something you really find on a entry level tube like this one. Again like the Teton I really think this is a great first tube for a kid but some adults can get away with using this. For me this was a one time use and I knew what I I would not put it back on the water as least for me. I will say this I will never say anything bad about 7 bass's products but there Customer Service is very poor. I give the One a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10.

Next the Element:

For 7 Bass here is another entry level float tube that we received to review. This was one of the first I built and first off I noticed that the boat it self was all black as we all know. Not something people at the time did not really like. Of course more companies and ever float tubers are moving to the black color. I did notice that the Canvas cover on this tube was thinker then most tubes and to me that is a good thing. To put this tube together you have to insert the bladders and I had to call my contact (who no longer works for them) on this a few times to help get these bladders in place it was not easy. Something unique at the time to these boats was the added side bags. The bags are velcro and clipped on to there adjustment system. I really have to say I like this as you can choose your bag and place 1, 2 or 3 bags anywhere on the side of your tubes. Basically its customizable which is pretty cool. The seat is just a foam seat nothing special and pretty comfortable in the long run. It was a pretty light weight boat and seemed to be a long lasting boat. One things that I found frustrating was the pontoon noes cons. They are pointed with D-rings on the front but the bladders are not designed to fit into the nose con. So you could not get the pointed nose cons to pop out like they are designed to. It was a small issue but it just bugged me. I give this boat a 6 on the scale of 1 to 10

SP Dan likes this post

12My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok my first experience with the Hybrid float tube.

7 Bass Explorer:

So the Explorer was from what I could tell a very well build boat. It is a PVC hybrid float tube (No bladders) with the ability to mix and match the side bags like the Element. The seat is an inflatable seat and I found out that you need to deflate it just a little to make it more comfortable. One of the issues is the crossbar that goes in front of you and helps hold the apron in place. It is pretty hard to snap in place but with some force it will fit. Another issue is that when you sit down on the seat these boats close in on you just slightly. This is a big issue with the Explorer as you already don't have much room in the seat overall. I felt squeezed into this tube of course that might be my need to lose a few pounds but it was tight none the less. The boat handles very well on the water and is pretty light to carry. I place this boat as a 6 on the 1 to 10 scale really because it was to small to sit in.

The Expedition:

The 7 Bass Expedition or (Big Boy as it is also called) is just that a Big Boy. This was built just like the Explorer but it is double the size all the way around. So it has the same features as the Explorer and it has the same tackle System. This boat is not very heavy and can be backpacked as the others can be as well. The Explorer still have the same issue when you sit down on the seat these boats close in on you just slightly. You still have room in the seat but it can be a little annoying. The Expedition is a better version of the Explorer and I would give it 4 on the scale of 1 to 10

SP Dan and beedee like this post

13My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Great write ups! 👍
Lot’s of work ... thanx!

14My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

The 7 Bass FlatForm:

This style of float tube is one that I have been looking at for years and was so excited to finally have one to test and use. Just out of the box I could see that this was not a normal float tube. It was built to stand out above the rest and at the start it does. So like the other 7 bass boats you have the tackle system which is great for storage of your tackle.
The flatform comes with oars and a motor mount, I never used a motor on this boat but I know it will work. I just have one issue with this and I will explain. The oars on this tube work but they could be a whole lot better. Here is the first issue: the flatform sits back in the water so when you use the oars the boat can almost be underwater as it moves backward. It was troubling and I can see if you added a motor and battery it would be even more underwater. The flatform handles well in the water and moves with ease. Another downside is that it is heavy to carry and which now real handles can be kind of a pain to transport. The Flatform is a very cool boat but do to the few cons I can only give it a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Last edited by jeffcpr on Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

SP Dan likes this post

15My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:46 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok lets do a quick one on the Maxxon XPW 239.

Ok so about 3 to 4 years ago Maxxon came to me about marketing there line of personal water craft. So after setting up our agreement they sent over there 2 personal fishing water craft. The first one to discuss is the XPW 239 which is a hybrid water craft which boasts a 600 lb. weight capacity which I think is pretty amazing. This tube has 2 air chambers and it as you can see an oval shape with half of the boat missing the floor so you can kick with fins. It comes with oars and these oars are set up to work well unlike the flatform oars. The 239 glides over the water very well despite the 40 lb weight of the tube. Storage in the back is amazing but one small down side the tackle bag is one small side bag. You cannot store very much for a long day on the water. This tube is a work horse and is going to last for years if cared for properly. I say this tube is 3 on a scale of 1 to 10

SP Dan likes this post

16My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:39 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

On to the Maxxon XPW 240:

So Maxxon came to us after we started working with 7 Bass. The deal was to market the Maxxon Boats and to test and review there boats and the XPW 240 was the other boats they wanted reviews and testing on. When this one arrived I inflated it and was very impressed with it right out of the box. The 240 was almost a foot and a half longer then the 7Bass Flatform and right there is when I know that this one was going to be twice the float tube the Flatform.

So I had it all together and in the water with in a few days of receiving it. Let's say this Maxxon 240 out performed the Flatform in every aspect. The GTS (Grommet Track System) give you the ability to attach anything anywhere on the float tube. The Oars worked twice as well as the others. Being longer it sits perfectly flat on the water so it does not dig under water as you row backwards. More space in the back to store more if needed. It even has handles to help you carry it to the water at 40 lbs. this is needed.

Down side the foot rest are in the way when you are kicking so just take them out (No real need anyway). Also the side bag zippers are very poor quality (but you can replace them with anything). Also only one bladder which in the whole boat (but this boat is pretty indestructible). This float tube moves like a breeze in the water and if cared for well should last you for years to come. I will hold off on my rating out of the scale of 1 to 10

SP Dan likes this post

17My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Finally let's talk about the newest out there the Buck's Bags Roughneck:

Buck's Bag's is a new Sponsor / Partner to us and we could not be happier. They sent us a few tubes for give always as well as to test and review. I did not expect to see the Roughneck to show up at my door step. But there it was and it was going to be a fun test and review. First off this tube is not a new tube to Buck's Bag's, when we first started the forum it was in there line up and it looked a little different. It did not do well and was scraped but to my amazement it is now back on the market.

So this float tube should also be called a big boy as it is twice the size of your standard float tube. Its just shy of 7 feet long and is 4 and half feet wide. It has 4 bladders the 2 main pontoons, the seat and an inflatable floor. It weighs about 30 to 35 lbs. and can be backpacked as well. it comes with oars but again the work just not well (good in a pinch). The tackle bags are detachable and are pretty roomy overall. The Roughneck is a hybrid boat so you know with care it will last a life time. The float tube glides through the water with easy and keep you very high and dry. I have to say being the newest test ride I am very impressed with this tube. It does however need some carry handles and when you purchase it you will need to get a pump and a pair of backpack straps if you plan on backpacking it.

So here it is my top 3 tubes in to particular order;
1. Cumberland
2. Maxxon XPW 240
3. Roughneck

I can say that depending on your needs and the type of fishing you are doing these 3 are high on the list of tubes in my eyes. They all have there pro's and con's but these 3 are so much better then the rest. If you asked me to rate these 1, 2, 3, I would say that the Maxxon XPW 240 (which I love) is 3 the Roughneck is 2 and the Cumberland is a well deserved [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Guys this is my opinion and you might see it different than me that is ok I just wanted you to know what I though of this personally. It has been fun looking over all 19 tubes I have used and giving you my review of each. If you have any questions or want to know more about any of them listed please let me know.

sdbaybassn, SP Dan and tunacat like this post

18My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jeff, I have a question on float tubes.

The price of the Cumberland ($400.00+) has gone thru the roof, if it can be found.
I found this on Amazon:

Wistar Inflatable Fishing Float Tube-006
Brand: Wistar
Price: $105.96 FREE Returns

I was wondering if you could reach out to Wistar and order it for all of us to try-it-out and review their product line, as well?

It looks so much like the Cumberland at 1st glance except for that it has inflatable seat and back-rest, the Bow netting material is vinyl on the Wistar (I like). Thumbs Up

It would be nice if FTFF could offer-up a more affordable float tube to the many members that can no-longer afford to put out-of-pocket $300-$1,000 these days.

I'd like to try it.
It looks to me like an improved Cumberland!  Very Happy
I like that it has Boston valves!
It also has the same 350-lb load rating! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

19My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thank you Jeff, for all of the time and effort it took you, in order to rate so many float tubes!  Thumbs Up
This should make "tube choosing" much easier for the newest of members.

Jeff choices, "So here it is my top 3 tubes in to particular order;
1. Cumberland
2. Maxxon XPW 240
3. Roughneck"

Thanks for your reviews Brotha!  Thumbs Up

20My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Funny I was talking to them just the other day.  We will see how it goes not sure if it will happen but you never know.

SP Dan likes this post

21My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:23 am

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank you Jeff, I thoroughly enjoyed your list. It reassured my wife, since I owned two in your top three, I could quit shopping. Thanks Dan, I thought the Wistar was the exact same thing as the Cumberland, until you pointed out its differences.

SP Dan likes this post

22My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:01 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Bullgill66 wrote:Thank you Jeff,  I thoroughly enjoyed your list.  It reassured my wife, since I owned two in your top three, I could quit shopping.  Thanks Dan, I thought the Wistar was the exact same thing as the Cumberland, until you pointed out its differences.

You are welcome Bullgill66,

I’ve been on a Cumberland for 4.5 years now and I can easily see the differences, immediately.

I just can’t tell by the pictures how the spreader bar works.
I hope to see more details on the fit up of the spreader bar into the actual tube bar-pocket(s).

I see a buckle type device at each end where the pockets should be.
I was also curious to whether or not the Cumberland air bladders will fit (match up) in the Wistar??! Hmmm?

23My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Bullgill66 wrote:Thank you Jeff,  I thoroughly enjoyed your list.  It reassured my wife, since I owned two in your top three, I could quit shopping.  Thanks Dan, I thought the Wistar was the exact same thing as the Cumberland, until you pointed out its differences.

Ha Ha Ha so glad I could help.

24My thoughts on the best tube Empty Re: My thoughts on the best tube Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:22 am

Garywhis

Garywhis
FTFF Gathering Officer

Jeff, thank you for the in-depth review of these tubes. Wish I had read before I got my tube. Although, it seems I would have pick the Cumberland for many of the reasons I went with a Fish Cat. I like being higher out of the water. I like the value placement. I borrow one with the values in the pockets and that seemed difficult to manage and they got in the way. One thing I have noticed is the FatCat tends to close in when I sit in it. I be interested to see if the Cumberland did as well. I also like the solid bar that hold the fish net. I think this would solve the closing in issue I have on the Cat. I also think I would like the rounded front of the tubes. Just seems to be a cleaner look and probably easier to change out the bladders. Out of the list, it’s the Cumberland I’d like to try out.

25My thoughts on the best tube Empty best Tube Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:09 pm

swwilkinson

FTFF Gathering Officer

I like the looks and adaptability of the Seven Bass tube. I'm a newcomer with lots to learn but that tube looks good to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum