FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for help on Breathable waders!!

+7
SmokeyBear
Renegade
n2deepfsw
Basshead
Lok Dog
waxon67
sonarbp
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Empty Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

OK guys...I need to get a new pair of waders. I do have my "SEAL SUIT" neopreen waders that are about 6 years old and they are still good. Just don't like wearing them while I fish fresh water....too much trouble when it nature comes calling!! Shocked

I dont wear waders very often when I tube the salt so these will be mainly for use in the fresh water trips to catch green bass at lake that require the use of waders.

I am a large guy and need a pair that will fit comfortable. Just wanted to get an idea of what brands you all use and what you think about them. I have been looking at a few pair from BPS but I am not to sure about the quality.

Thanks in advance for your help.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You saw the ones I have. They are Hodgemon's and they have taken a lot of abuse and I have had my share of leaks. I got them new but from ebay. Price was right. I'm sure I've been rough on them but they are only a year old and I have had my fits with leaks.

So that's my .02 hope it helps.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I will keep that in ming. What size are they? I have looked at them online and they are a possibility...just dont want to spend a ton on waders that will only be used a few times.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh man...uh do I have to post that info publicly? Ha ha..they are actually too big for me but I did that intentionally. I will check the size. For me, any waders I chose needed to be the size and "stout" in the description. I'll get back to you on this.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Oh man...uh do I have to post that info publicly? Ha ha..they are actually too big for me but I did that intentionally. I will check the size. For me, any waders I chose needed to be the size and "stout" in the description. I'll get back to you on this.

LOL....no worries man. It is hard to find gear in "MENS" size! Everything in is made for people that don't have any meat on their bones...LOL

I am looking at these right now..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They might do the trick! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

They look pretty good. I would like to hear your thoughts on them if you get them.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:They look pretty good. I would like to hear your thoughts on them if you get them.

Well I might head up to Bass Pro again to try them on...if I like them I will buy them.

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Waxon, how do you plug those leaks? I think we have the same waders,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

sonarbp wrote:OK guys...I need to get a new pair of waders. I do have my "SEAL SUIT" neopreen waders that are about 6 years old and they are still good. Just don't like wearing them while I fish fresh water....too much trouble when it nature comes calling!! Shocked

I dont wear waders very often when I tube the salt so these will be mainly for use in the fresh water trips to catch green bass at lake that require the use of waders.

I am a large guy and need a pair that will fit comfortable. Just wanted to get an idea of what brands you all use and what you think about them. I have been looking at a few pair from BPS but I am not to sure about the quality.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Why don't you just get pair from your shop?
If sure you can get a better deal and the warranty must be better as well ?

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Miller the waders we have at the shop are boot waders for hunting.

11Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have LL Bean stocking foot waders, bought them for around $70 and have had no problems yet. Have been using them for about a year now without a drop leaking in. Only drawback that I hear is that they are not as breathable as other waders. They are very roomy to allow for extra layers and they are also known for their lifetime warranty. They believe waders should never leak, and if they do you can send them back for new ones. Pretty good deal. Check them out. My buddy has had the same waders for over two years now without leaks, and he is a lot more careless than I am.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the insight Basshead. Those look like nice waders the only problem is that they are a bit small....Shocked

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:Waxon, how do you plug those leaks? I think we have the same waders,..

Hey Lok....I use aqua-seal to patch any leaks in the seams or small holes. Works great but you do need to let it cure before using the waders again to insure the patch has setup.

This is the stuff!!!!

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
Lok Dog wrote:Waxon, how do you plug those leaks? I think we have the same waders,..

Hey Lok....I use aqua-seal to patch any leaks in the seams or small holes. Works great but you do need to let it cure before using the waders again to insure the patch has setup.

This is the stuff!!!!

What if you can't find the hole? lol

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:What if you can't find the hole? lol

It might not be a hole...it could be leaking seams. I would seal all the seams with the aquaseal that should fix any leaks in the seams.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaseal works great, I use it for my wetsuits and scuba drysuit.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:Aquaseal works great, I use it for my wetsuits and scuba drysuit.

That's good advice. I have been using Coleman's seam sealer on my seams. I use Shoe Goop on the holes.

Method:

Just wipe the seam sealer on the seams thoroughly. On the inside only. It is a bottle with sponge applicator. Works great. Drys fast.

For holes, I turn inside out and fill with water while hanging. I walk away man...just walk away for a few minutes and then come back and look for wet spots. (Reminds me of a joke). Then I just dab on the Shoe Goop. It drys fast and is flexible.

Both sealers are about 10bucks all together and get at Wally World.

Hope that helps. Very Happy

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:

That's good advice. I have been using Coleman's seam sealer on my seams. I use Shoe Goop on the holes.

Method:

Just wipe the seam sealer on the seams thoroughly. On the inside only. It is a bottle with sponge applicator. Works great. Drys fast.

For holes, I turn inside out and fill with water while hanging. I walk away man...just walk away for a few minutes and then come back and look for wet spots. (Reminds me of a joke). Then I just dab on the Shoe Goop. It drys fast and is flexible.

Both sealers are about 10bucks all together and get at Wally World.

Hope that helps. Very Happy

that is a great idea!!! shoe goop is the brand name?

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Not much help to you, but William Joseph is real close to my house. They have season end sales and I picked up a pair of the zippered waders for $39. They are as is, but these still had the price tag. Put them on, sat in the tub, no leaks wohoo.
To find leaks in breathables, turn them wrong side out, and mix water and alcohol in a spray bottle. It will go dark where there oare leaks.

When trying on breathables, be sure and squat for good fit. They are not fashion statements by any means.

Also check ebay when you find your size.

20Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i got a pair of hodgman wadelite's...im a big boy...5'11" and 275lbs...and they are xls or extra large stout...and they are roomy...but not too bad. ive had them for 3 years now using them seasonally for steelhead and salmon and just got my first leak

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks everyone for all the insight and advice on breathables. I have been looking at a few pair from different manufacturers and I am leaning towards these....

Price is right and with free shipping.

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was looking at those Caddis as well. Nice features. I bought a pair of Rivendell waist highs off ebay and still have them. No leaks. Been four years now.

Suggestion. You do need to wash breathables. They are like skin. The breathable material gets clogged. I recommend spray them with Revive when done washing.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:I was looking at those Caddis as well. Nice features. I bought a pair of Rivendell waist highs off ebay and still have them. No leaks. Been four years now.

Suggestion. You do need to wash breathables. They are like skin. The breathable material gets clogged. I recommend spray them with Revive when done washing.

Good to know! Thanks for the advice...now to explain to the wife that she will be having to wash the waders after each use! Shocked

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sonarbp wrote:
Renegade wrote:I was looking at those Caddis as well. Nice features. I bought a pair of Rivendell waist highs off ebay and still have them. No leaks. Been four years now.

Good to know! Thanks for the advice...now to explain to the wife that she will be having to wash the waders after each use! Shocked

NO! not each use. maybe twice a year or if you go through some muddy mossy muck. But rinse the waders after each trip with a hose is a must.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got it Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum