FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for help on Breathable waders!!

+7
SmokeyBear
Renegade
n2deepfsw
Basshead
Lok Dog
waxon67
sonarbp
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I put my breathables in the wash once. That is when the leaks started. Sad

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:I put my breathables in the wash once. That is when the leaks started. Sad

LOL...I am sure he meant wash by hand. I have washed my neoprene waders in the sink with abit of wool lite. Sure it is the same for breathables right?

sonar, whatever pair of waders you get dont get caddis. I have gone through 3 pairs already and working on my 4th. they all start leaking for no reason. no holes, tears etc. Guessing they are leaking from the seams. Next pair i get when I have the money will be a pair of simms

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
waxon67 wrote:I put my breathables in the wash once. That is when the leaks started. Sad

LOL...I am sure he meant wash by hand. I have washed my neoprene waders in the sink with abit of wool lite. Sure it is the same for breathables right?

Ya I'm sure hand wash is the plan...when I through mine in it was pure laziness and I knew not to do it...but that was what made it feel oh so good. Well, it caused a seat seam to leak. I fixed it ya, but totally could have been avoided.

You could always take them into the shower. That is how I wash my wetsuits and baseball caps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Proper soap application goes with out saying. I don't sling Zest on my wetsuits. Lol green happy

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:sonar, whatever pair of waders you get dont get caddis. I have gone through 3 pairs already and working on my 4th. they all start leaking for no reason. no holes, tears etc. Guessing they are leaking from the seams. Next pair i get when I have the money will be a pair of simms

I really like the simm but for the amount I will be using them the cost is too much. I plan on applying aqua seal to all the seams before I use them.

I only use waders when the water is really cold or I fish a lake that requires them. I mainly tube the salt in board shorts.

31Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was talking washing machine. Most the waders I have bought all have washing instructions. Snowy is the soap of choice. The cloth has to be able to breath. BUT, as I mentioned, a bottle of Revive is also a must. It makes the water bead up like when they were new.

32Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:

I was talking washing machine. Most the waders I have bought all have washing instructions. Snowy is the soap of choice. The cloth has to be able to breath. BUT, as I mentioned, a bottle of Revive is also a must. It makes the water bead up like when they were new.

I just don't know if I can wash anything with something called "snowy"...lol JK lol!

33Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

waxon67 wrote:
Renegade wrote:

I just don't know if I can wash anything with something called "snowy"...lol JK lol!

Ignore the name and look for the Pink Box...LOL

34Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Renegade wrote:

Ignore the name and look for the Pink Box...LOL

Pink box? Oh man, it just gets worse! lol!

35Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:13 pm

socaltexan

socaltexan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I got the Dogwood breathable waders from Bass Pro for about $80. So far no leaks. I have dry socks after a day in fresh or salt water. They are very comfortable and well built. They have a built in belt which is a nice safety feature.

36Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

socaltexan wrote:I got the Dogwood breathable waders from Bass Pro for about $80. So far no leaks. I have dry socks after a day in fresh or salt water. They are very comfortable and well built. They have a built in belt which is a nice safety feature.

you mean the ones that went on sale for $50 lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was looking at that and it says OUT OF STOCK on a few size mine in fact lol

38Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:I was looking at that and it says OUT OF STOCK on a few size mine in fact lol

For a price like that I'm not surprised lol

That sale started 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was gonna get one but I rather see if I can repair my breathable waders first before spending more money lol

39Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:For a price like that I'm not surprised lol

That sale started 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was gonna get one but I rather see if I can repair my breathable waders first before spending more money lol

Hey Lok...I actually looked at those waders when I went to Bass Pro in Rancho last weekend. They felt real cheap to me. I think I am just going to get the Caddis waders I found on Ebay...$116 free ship and 1 year warranty.

Here is the link anagin...

40Looking for help on Breathable waders!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for help on Breathable waders!! Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
Lok Dog wrote:For a price like that I'm not surprised lol

Hey Lok...I actually looked at those waders when I went to Bass Pro in Rancho last weekend. They felt real cheap to me. I think I am just going to get the Caddis waders I found on Ebay...$116 free ship and 1 year warranty.

Here is the link anagin...

That's what I kinda figured as well, those waders your gonna get look sweet! Let me know how they work out for you,..

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've seen this seller run these for $99 sometimes. Just FYI Very Happy

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:I've seen this seller run these for $99 sometimes. Just FYI Very Happy

Think the ones you are thinking about are these....

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
waxon67 wrote:I've seen this seller run these for $99 sometimes. Just FYI Very Happy

Think the ones you are thinking about are these....

Yep that's them. Sorry. Have you thought about those?

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah but for a little more I get the better waders. Thumbs Up

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:Yeah but for a little more I get the better waders. Thumbs Up

true dat, staying dry is a must!

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just picked up a pair of Caddis stocking foot breathables for 89.99 no shipping charge.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Breathable waders are the way to go!

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:Breathable waders are the way to go!

yup but i like to use neoprene for night trips,..

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:

I buy a size larger so I can wear jeans under the waders to keep warm at night/ early mornings.

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
Lok Dog wrote:

I buy a size larger so I can wear jeans under the waders to keep warm at night/ early mornings.

or you can just wear neoprenes lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum