FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris 5.6.12

+2
jeffcpr
Kelster
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well I answered the call from Tubinferbass and headed out to Perris on Sunday morning and went to Bernasconi to launch. I waited around for a few minutes, no sign of him so I headed out into the 64^ water figuring that they would show up.
The buoys are still missing so I decided to target red ears and blue gills and started kicking eastward to the tire reef working the weed edge with a couple of lures. I call it the "Kelley Krawl" as I troll along with the rods dead stick in my holders. My shoulder is bad so I can't cast all day long anymore.
About half way I start to get some short strikes and then for the next hour I catch eleven RE's and BG's. One of the RE's swallowed the snap bean entirely and so I had to dig out my stringer and hook her up. I was able to give her to some people later in the day for their table.
I kicked all the way to the opposite side of the Island and then worked the reef and some buried trees for about and hour. I was metering fish but just couldn't get a bite. The boats and scooby-doos were starting to get out on the lake so I decided to head back. I caught three more on the way back and nothing right at the launch. The total was fourteen landed and two spitting the hook at the tube. All caught on the "Kelley Krawl" and a snap bean and super duper on UL gear. Two of the fish were just shy of one pound, a couple of dinks and the rest in between.
I only saw a couple of bass caught from a boat that was working the beds and a couple of RE from some guys on tubes.
Bernasconi is not really for me and I probably won't return to that side of the Lake until late July, early August when the water is just too warm on the shallow east end. I have a job interview on Tuesday so if all works out I will have only the weekends to hit Perris and I will stay at the east end following the shad.
Some pics of the fish, some duplicates, mostly females.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oh and just busting your B@!!$ Tubingferbass green happy

2Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 10:52 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great reports buddy hope the interview goes well and you can only fish the weekends. Although we all know you rather fish 7 days a week like the rest of us.
Those gills are killer the size is amazing, I have not got into those out a perris as of yet. Course I aonly have about 6 trips to perris under my belt so I guess I need to make time to get out there. Well done keep up the good work.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 11:00 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man im sorry I didnt make it!!!! Im glad you caught some gills great post n pics man Thumbs Up sorry again......

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

4Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet report man! Very nice pictures as well. Cant wait to hit the fresh water scene soon! Thanks again for the report!

5Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The RE are starting to school so that bite should be good for the next few weeks and the the BG will bust open and yes there are some big BG out there.

NP tubingferbass, it gave me an excuse to fish that end of the lake but I still like the east end this time of year. We'll get together soon.
Wiseguy, you are killing them in the SW.

6Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Mon May 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Kelley- I noticed last Friday that the bouys that used to be along the Bernasconi area are still gone. Didn't someone on this site call park rangers and they said that the bouys are suppose to be there, and if they are not, someone will be putting them back out? So how was that Bernasconi float tube launch area? Were the jet skies and water skiers going in close to shore? I usually start at the red bouy and kick my way toward the water tower, going from bouy to bouy. There's a nice underwater brush pile or trees that have some huge crappie right at a certain bouy. I'm not going to want to float tube an area where those crazy speed demons are, and it looks like a long way to go from the Bernasconi Road launch clear on around and up to the safety of the 5 mph bouys near the tire reef.

7Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Komori wrote:Kelley- I noticed last Friday that the bouys that used to be along the Bernasconi area are still gone. Didn't someone on this site call park rangers and they said that the bouys are suppose to be there, and if they are not, someone will be putting them back out? So how was that Bernasconi float tube launch area? Were the jet skies and water skiers going in close to shore? I usually start at the red bouy and kick my way toward the water tower, going from bouy to bouy. There's a nice underwater brush pile or trees that have some huge crappie right at a certain bouy. I'm not going to want to float tube an area where those crazy speed demons are, and it looks like a long way to go from the Bernasconi Road launch clear on around and up to the safety of the 5 mph bouys near the tire reef.
The jet skis were buzzing the shore so I didn't go out to where the buoys used to be. I kicked to the tire reef and further to fish. This time of year I plan on going out of 11 & 12 for bass and pan fish.

8Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Tue May 08, 2012 8:30 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice gillies. I have Never cought one :/

9Lake Perris 5.6.12 Empty Re: Lake Perris 5.6.12 Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I called on the booies on bernisconie side but the lady on the phone said they were there Rolling Eyes looks like im jus gunna have to say somethin next time I go.... Might b out there thursday for the afternoon to close bite n ill hit em up bout it since its my fav side to fish.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum