FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!!

+17
tubefish
n2deepfsw
bodfish
ed5000x
FloatAngler
danyowanyo
Aquaholic38
oldspice_fl
Tony G Fishing
desertstorm28
bayfishingjunkie
bballnono
SoCalFishKilla
fatboy531
.:LOLLY:.
wiseguy
jeffcpr
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So here is the official Thread for the Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!!

Teams are being built by your group leaders, so if you are not part of a group show your interest now and if you are not part of a group join up.

I will post details and info as they become available on this thread for now let the trash talk begin.

UPDATE: (by Wiseguy)

Freshwater Team will fish for: LMB (Large Mouth Bass)
Saltwater Team will fish for: Spotted Bay Bass (Spotties)

When: Saturday February 22nd
Fishing Time 6am - 1pm.

Locations to fish are the choices of the individual team members, and it can be various locations as we are not all in the same general location.  As long as we all fish on the same day for the specific species chosen for our team, and that special code shows in your photo, were good to go!

No size limit, this is just a friendly competition to be held on Saturday the 22nd to see which team catches more fish.  Jeff will provide a special code to the team leaders and that code will be given to the team members one day before.  The code needs to show up in your photo to count and prove the fish was caught that day.  I suppose a new thread will open up later that night after the event or the next day and we can tally up the catches by posting all of our pictures in the SAME thread.

Each member of the winning team will get a $10 voucher good for Taco Surf restaurant! Show them some love guys! (Thanks Gilbert)

I know Jeff has been really busy, but this is the way it went down last year, and I'm trying to clarify for those that are still confused on how this little competition works.  Hope this makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this Jeff.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

One trip to the honey hole and you Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water dudes wont know what hit ya! Twisted Evil 

3Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Time to dust of the banjo minnow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The freshwater boys will earn stripes and gain RESPECT!!!!!!

5Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:50 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Time to dust of the banjo minnow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmfao lol! lol! lol! 

6Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Now when you say stripes... are you talking about the kind you find on.......

SKUNKS!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

7Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:51 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

haha.. the Banjo Minnow!!

8Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Now when you say stripes... are you talking about the kind you find on.......

SKUNKS!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

Eeeeeeeee!!!  Rambo 

9Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sorry fatboy but I don't think they have halibut in lakes...

10Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:58 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:sorry fatboy but I don't think they have halibut in lakes...

True... But there is stripers and cats.

11Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It would be sweet to see a striper caught from a tube. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

12Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:It would be sweet to see a striper caught from a tube. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

That would be sight to see. Would probably compare the link up to be similar to a bat ray. Straight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz line being pulled.

13Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now that is trash talk good job guys game on.

14Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:51 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

When would the gathering be? We usually are pretty busy on the weekends but we would like to fish in the gathering.

15Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I want in for the saltwater team

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

16Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:08 pm

To make it far to the fresh water guys, I think the salty team will allow for each person to spend $5 at the fish market so they have something to show off  lol! 

17Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

How about that largemouth spawn happening pretty soon... with the warmer than average temperatures this winter it's predicted that they'll be entering their pre-spawn pattern earlier this year shhhhhhhhh  cat burgler 

18Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 pm

cold fronts are coming through here soon so that will shut it down

19Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:09 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

signed up for FRESHWATER!!!!!!! lets ROCK N ROLL!! do this ish!!!!!!........ salute 

see u guys on the water!!!

but im hitting the salt today haha

Fresh: Sat, Irvine Lake, Sunday Mission Viejo Lake, i hear 7-12 lbs bass are roaming the lake...its on n poppin!!!!!!!!

tony G

20Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I know that teams are being built, and the trash talk has started. I will work to get the info about the contest up on the board (in this thread) next week. Also the winning group will receive a badge that they can add to there signature box.
This will show you were a part of the winning group, and a fun way to rub it in everyone's face. Kindly of course.

21Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm

oldspice_fl

oldspice_fl
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thumbs Up Great idea.   Looking forward to meeting some other floaters here on Florida's West Coast. cheers

22Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

bballnono wrote:When would the gathering be? We usually are pretty busy on the weekends but we would like to fish in the gathering.
Not really a gathering for this one all though most of the guys fish together. Contact you group leader or join a group they will clue you in from there.

oldspice_fl wrote: Thumbs Up Great idea.   Looking forward to meeting some other floaters here on Florida's West Coast. cheers
Hey oldspice I think you are the only one from FL. that is cool welcome to the board. I am sure in time and maybe with your help it will grow out there as well. For now join a group and maybe you to can be involved in the Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!!

23Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

oldspice_fl wrote: Thumbs Up Great idea.   Looking forward to meeting some other floaters here on Florida's West Coast. cheers

NICE chunker on your avatar. Is that a sand bass??

24Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:54 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

can`t wait for this event!  bounce 

25Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Is this a one time tourney or over the course of the year.....points, size.....

Just ready to start stacking up points for team freshwater Twisted Evil 

Tony g

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum