FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!!

+17
tubefish
n2deepfsw
bodfish
ed5000x
FloatAngler
danyowanyo
Aquaholic38
oldspice_fl
Tony G Fishing
desertstorm28
bayfishingjunkie
bballnono
SoCalFishKilla
fatboy531
.:LOLLY:.
wiseguy
jeffcpr
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

fatboy531 wrote:
Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:YO YO fatboy, whats up brother, hell yeah im ready, wife is already informed of the date, couldnt be any readier, what lake you guys hitting....maybe i can join you guys.....

tony g

It's not a MAYBE!!!! You coming with us.... I'll get you the map soon.  Thumbs Up 

Thumbs Up  for sure, lets do this. im ready, when u have the info , send it and ill meet up with you guys

Tony G

127Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:20 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:
wiseguy wrote:I updated Jeff's original post to this thread with the info.  Jeff, please correct me if any of this is wrong.

You missed the part where it says..... The salt team will bow to the FRESHWATER victors!!!!!!
Never!!!

128Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yes I have been busy and thanks very much wiseguy for the help. Infact on the day of the event I will be in Sacramento for an EMS conferences. But the show must go on. Only change I see is that each team has a list of fish Team Freshwater's list is Trout or Large Mouth Bass. and Saltwater Killers is Calico Bass or Spotted Bass.

So on the night of the 21st Team Freshwater will pick 1 fish from Saltwater Killers list and Saltwater Killers will pick a fish from Team Freshwater's list. So each team will note know exactly what they are fishing for till the night of the event.

wiseguy wrote:The choices have already been made, it's just spread all over three different threads, so it's very confusing.  Might be a good idea to bold the selections on the top of this official thread for everyone to see.

Freshwater Team will fish for: LMB (Large Mouth Bass)
Saltwater Team will fish for: Spotted Bay Bass (Spotties)

Fishing Time 6am - 1pm.

Locations to fish are the choices of the individual team members, and it can be various locations as we are not all in the same general location.  As long as we all fish on the same day for the specific species chosen for our team, and that special code shows in your photo, were good to go!

No size limit, this is just a friendly competition to be held on Saturday the 22nd to see which team catches more fish.  Jeff will provide a special code to the team leaders and that code will be given to the team members one day before.  The code needs to show up in your photo to count and prove the fish was caught that day.  I suppose a new thread will open up later that night after the event or the next day and we can tally up the catches by posting all of our pictures in the SAME thread.

I know Jeff has been really busy, but this is the way it went down last year, and I'm trying to clarify for those that are still confused on how this little competition works.  Hope this makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this Jeff.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

129Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Is it possible to know the species a little earlier?

130Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:02 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

What do you guys think the 21st or the 20th or the 19th, you guys call it.

131Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:45 pm

jeffcpr wrote:What do you guys think the 21st or the 20th or the 19th, you guys call it.

whatcha talking about here Jeff ? We changing the date we fishing?

132Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

He's talking about the date the captain's decide what the other team is fishing for. The actual fishing day is still the same.

133Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:58 pm

.:LOLLY:. wrote:He's talking about the date the captain's decide what the other team is fishing for. The actual fishing day is still the same.

oh ok
wait, I thought that was already done lol.
fresh - LMB
salt - spotties

134Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I thought so too but Jeff said otherwise

135Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:51 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Jeff, the species have already been chosen, where have you been? Red Smile   I think it's a better idea that we know our target species from the get go. I dont know how hard it will be to get in contact with all the team members one day before to relay the message.  Knowing from now, everyone can start a game plan.

Unless you have a reason to hold off until the day before?, and, honestly I doubt the choices will change.

136Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:50 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think Jeff is asking about @desertstorm's question. He asked if we would be able to know a few days earlier about what fish species will be targeted. I think the choices will be LMB for fresh and spotties for salt. I doubt there will be any changes if so we will post up ASAP. To notify everyone.

137Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:33 am

I agree , Knowing the Species Ahead of time makes no difference ... Just make sure the code doe not get leaked ahead of time.

You are not Prepared Team Saltwater for what Lies Ahead ! Here in Team Freshwater we handle our business like a Boss !

138Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:I agree , Knowing the Species Ahead of time makes no difference ... Just make sure the code doe not get leaked ahead of time.

You are not Prepared Team Saltwater for what Lies Ahead ! Here in Team Freshwater we handle our business like a Boss !

NUFF SAID!!!!

139Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:28 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK so you guys don't want to have a list seems everyone is ok knowing up front. My though was to keep everyone on the fence not knowing. So they had to make decisions the day of. But if that is what you guys want we will set it as it was listed.

Saltwater Killers will be - Spotted Bay Bass
Team Freshwater will be - Large Mouth Bass

Code will be given by me the day before the event before 8pm.

I will past all of this on the Official Thread as well to try and keep it all in one place and I will make the change there as well.

140Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Salt Vs. Fresh 2014 Throw Down!!! Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'll close this thread so that we don't get confused. Jeff opened up the Official one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum