FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Next Great Outing!!!

+5
Madbasser
bayfishingjunkie
ed5000x
jeffcpr
Dano67
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

If I remember correctly, Pudd, tubers can only go so far.. like not past the buoys or something like that. Can someone confirm?

27The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I hear Laguna Niguel Lake is supposedly getting their last Trout plant of the season this week.

I am up for fresh or salt at any of the above listed locations and as long as it's a Saturday or Sunday I should be there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it just Alamitos Bay? Los Alamitos is a city... people started calling it the LAB cuz it sounded cooler than AB.

And I can also dig through my tool chest of tackle and toss in some some prize donations.

28The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Vagabond wrote:I hear Laguna Niguel Lake is supposedly getting their last Trout plant of the season this week.

I am up for fresh or salt at any of the above listed locations and as long as it's a Saturday or Sunday I should be there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it just Alamitos Bay? Los Alamitos is a city... people started calling it the LAB cuz it sounded cooler than AB.

And I can also dig through my tool chest of tackle and toss in some some prize donations.

You are correct! It's just Alamitos Bay. Thumbs Up

29The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Dano67 wrote:Okay here is what we have so far:

1.Dana Point Harbor
2.SD Bay
3.Pudd Lake
4.Laguna Niguel Lake
5.LAB
6.Silverwood Lake

anyone else?

30The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
Dano67 wrote:Okay here is what we have so far:

1.Dana Point Harbor
2.SD Bay
3.Pudd Lake
4.Laguna Niguel Lake
5.LAB
6.Silverwood Lake

anyone else?

Well I Rolled And Got A 5 So I Am Going To Vote LAB Thumbs Up
But That dosent Mean I wouldnt Go Anywere Else I Wont To Go Fishing Now Twisted Evil

Last edited by ed5000x on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

31The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Dano67

Dano67

On the prizes for the outing, I just spoke with Smith's Hand Poured and they are providing an awesome give away and prize package. For those that have not seen their baits, They make some incredible stuff!!!!! Please check out their site, there are a couple of us that are putting together an order so if someone wants to add to it, look for the "SHB Check These Out"and post your needs Very Happy

32The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:35 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:Dose The Pudd Have Camping Sites

yes it does

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

33The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:39 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:If I remember correctly, Pudd, tubers can only go so far.. like not past the buoys or something like that. Can someone confirm?

The specifics there are a bit in the grey area because i have tubed the entire lake ... but I believe you are allowed to fish from the end of the first dam all the way to the eastern side of the south shore... No tubing in the boating zoze from east shore to picnic island. But since there are no boats allowed right now they are pretty much letting you fisanywhere

34The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think for travel Pudd is a good choice overall imho.
But I'm more of a salt guy so I'm down for something further south..MV Harbor any good? I will throw in on the kitty too.

35The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ok I am adding two more locations that came to mind.. #1 freshwater... If we are talking April it's hard to beat castaic lagoon. Flaot tubes only and a real good shot at a 10 pound plus bass.... and free

#2 A little bit of a drive but I hear well worth it.. the Carlsbad Lagoon also perfect for tubes and great bass and Halibut fishing

36The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Castaic is a great choice. My "used to be" home lake. Awesome lake overall. No prob for me as I got peeps in the area and someplace to crash before and after. I'de be down for CBLagoon too.

37The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i am ready just let my know the winning place Very Happy

38The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Has The Place Been Set Yet And If Not Lets Get Those Votes In Its Going To Be A Last Min. gathering Come On Few Jeff Made The Pass And Dano Caught The Ball He Doing Great Job So Far He Got Us Donations And A Few Guys Are Pitching As Well ( I Hope I Am Not Stepping On Any Toe Just Enjoy The Last gathering And Want To Fish Again Very Happy Also Please Dont Take The Caps Wrong I Enter Items At Work And Owner What Every Word To Start With Capital Letters And It Took awhile To Get Use too And I Dont What To Lost The Habbit Sorry For The Caps) Thumbs Up

39The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:59 am

Castaic Lagoon is a great choice for me as well. I know the bass in there are awesome and no powered boats allowed. As long as the wind is not blowing we are good.

40The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Castaic grows them BIG no doubt. It is a good drive especially if we are meeting early in the morning. Might need to get a room or something. They should be spawning for the next few weeks and like Bayfishingjunkie said there is a good chance for a whopper!!. It does get a lot of pressure this time of year so expect a tube and tune crowd there.

41The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I think it looks like Castaic may be the place..... I have never tubed there but have done very well from shore... lets just avoid the full moon. and remember we can do either a morning session or afternoon one... this time of year the afternoons are usually better because the water temps are at thier haghest.

42The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:I think it looks like Castaic may be the place..... I have never tubed there but have done very well from shore... lets just avoid the full moon. and remember we can do either a morning session or afternoon one... this time of year the afternoons are usually better because the water temps are at thier haghest.

I agree the afternoons are good there. But you can get some wind come in.

43The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
bayfishingjunkie wrote:I think it looks like Castaic may be the place..... I have never tubed there but have done very well from shore... lets just avoid the full moon. and remember we can do either a morning session or afternoon one... this time of year the afternoons are usually better because the water temps are at thier haghest.

With Ed's tow device, it wont matter! LOL
He can just pull us all around. Red Smile

44The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

Isn't that sumpthin? That's Ed for ya.

45The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Madbasser wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

Well then ad me to the list of tow-ees! Very Happy

46The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Madbasser wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

With ur new tube u should have no problem. U'll be like speed racer on the water. Hahahaha The Bomb

47The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:47 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Madbasser wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

With ur new tube u should have no problem. U'll be like speed racer on the water. Hahahaha The Bomb

I Am Bring My Scooter Thumbs Up

48The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:28 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

and I also agree that a team format may be good. it would give us a chance to learn from other fisherman. Do a blind drawing somehow to pick the teams.

49The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:19 am

bayfishingjunkie wrote:and I also agree that a team format may be good. it would give us a chance to learn from other fisherman. Do a blind drawing somehow to pick the teams.

I agree. I think a team tourney would be super fun! Work together and learn from each other!

50The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 am

Dano67

Dano67

Okay so from reading all the posts I would say we have a pretty clear choice on the location. Port of Oxnard it is!!!!! Drive 65 miles up the 101 freeway until you see the port turn off. We will meet there at 2 am to start the long walk out to the base with the required 25 lbs of fishing gear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum