FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No funny stories, no fish, no no no no. lol
Saw a guy reel up a small Cat next to the fishing pier. He used a 7 foot rod with Orange glitter Power bait. Saw a guy 5 effing feet away from us reel up a trout maybe 6 inches long using Power Bait. He let it go, very cool of him. Jesus, 8 acres and maybe ten people fishing and these clowns had to camp 5 feet away from my family?
I don't mind him catching the fish, love that he let it go but why in the holy @#&* do you need to be in such close space like that?
Crazier than that is a half hour later some dude got in about 3 feet from that guy.

Another thing they did was the rap music. It was blaring when they walked up. I turned my head and they turned it way, way down. I thought was very cool also.
I suppose it was a combination of parking proximity and our gear that looked like this was a good spot that brought people around because it didn't stop. When I go out with the kids and the wife, I just want to have some family time. Must have had 20 different guys come around in 4 hours basically pestering us. I chose this lake because it's so quiet and no one bugs you.
Plus the Ren-Fest was there so there were people everywhere.

Fishing report:
Water temp, pretty friggin warm. Windy as hell.
9:30-3:00.
One bite for the wife, freeline, Yamamoto dark blue/purple, whacky rig off the rocks by the pier.
One bite for the kids, Gold/CastMaster.
Zero fish.
Heavy algae so we put everything orange and red we had in the water. No results from 15 to 30 yards out, sinking and swimming.
Kids spent most of the time chasing guppys with a bag but I did work for a couple of hours.

2Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

A good day on the water with the family can't be beat.
I try to keep a happy attitude when the crowds arrive. I like to fish alone with some space around me and have no idea why some people prefer to be shoulder to shoulder with people they don't know, but I have seen and experienced it too many times to let it bum me out.

Last edited by Jerdon on Sat May 10, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sat May 10, 2014 9:59 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah, I wasn't upset. Like I said they were cool. It's just strange. So much space.

4Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Hell if I was there I would have come up and set my rod holder right next to yours and took a bite of your sandwich ! gotta learn to share ....  lol!  ... sorry I could not resist

Some people just don't get it !

WES

5Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sun May 11, 2014 1:22 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:Hell if I was there I would have come up and set my rod holder right next to yours and took a bite of your sandwich ! gotta learn to share  ....  lol!   ... sorry I could not resist

Some people just don't get it !

WES

Ain't that the truth? Sometimes the more you want to get away, the closer you are to it

6Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sun May 11, 2014 7:48 am

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm waiting for the day some assclown asks me for a beer.

7Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Sun May 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Kinda like trying to avoid door dings by parking your car away from everybody else, somehow they park right next to your car.

I really hate folks like the ones you just mentioned when they're blasting rap music (or any music for that matter) that's so inconsiderate but cool that they turned it down after they saw u looking.
But it's a public place so anything goes. I try to go places further than the normal people wouldn't want to go so the only folks I encounter are "real" anglers who respect the habitat and fishery.

8Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Empty Re: Santa Fe Dam 5.10.14 Mon May 12, 2014 12:09 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

dlobo wrote:Another thing they did was the rap music. It was blaring when they walked up. I turned my head and they turned it way, way down. I thought was very cool also.
I suppose it was a combination of parking proximity and our gear that looked like this was a good spot that brought people around because it didn't stop. When I go out with the kids and the wife, I just want to have some family time. Must have had 20 different guys come around in 4 hours basically pestering us. I chose this lake because it's so quiet and no one bugs you.

Haha, back in the day the weekends really sucked there! Mariachi music, was something you were going to hear ALL DAY LONG on the weekends!!! Not quiet like, but super loud with all of the BBQ stations filled with folks. I actually ended up liking the music, and compared to some of the rap I hear these days I would prefer it over rap....

It sounds a bit nicer there compared to here oddly enough. Many complaints about this in our state, and some anglers have a sense of entitlement. Never understood that? You would think that anglers would understand folks wanting space from others.

There are three types I see. The "newbie", who is trying to figure out fishing by seeing what you are doin'. Then there is the "pro", who is trying to dazzle you with his shiny new rod and flip pitch. Last, the "jerk", who is trying to leech your spot. I always help the newbie, but the other two can kick rocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum