FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

my tube :(

+5
Pavo21
.:LOLLY:.
Pacifico
Tony G Fishing
NeKro
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1my tube :( Empty my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well have the day off today so I figured I would take my tube out of the box its been in since pretty much the beginning of 2010. Well There was a rip on the side, not the bladder but the tube its self. So I went ahead and stitched it up with some dental floss. With doing that it is not impossible to inflate the left side passed I say may 70% full. The other side feels like I can get it to maybe 85%. Kinda feels like the tube shrunk or something. It looks beat to hell haha I didn't remember it looking that bad.

I went to home depot to make a rod holder so I can maybe hit NPH new week before I leave to Georgia for work on the 2nd. I kinda feel like I need to buy another tube because I just don't feel like it would be to safe since I can inflate it very much now. Even in the pool it felt like the tube want to swallow me up and sat low.

Really hoped I didn't have to buy a new one, but I have everything already, fins, waders, and what not..... Maybe I can still make the rod holders but without have a tube to know exact lengths kinda sucks. I don't know if I want to buy another togiak cuz inflating it is kinda of a *&@#*..... I guess I need to start looking for my next one... I need a beer.Sad

2my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yeah a new one would probably be best, as you dont need any mishaps out in the water...good luck on what you decide, i know alot of people here ride the cumberland, i have an outcast and very happy with it....

and i usually go on wednesdays to newport....

Tony G

3my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Daaaamn after reading that tube drama I need a beer!
Good luck with the repair but honestly it's best you make the purchase, it's best to avoid trouble out on the water especially if there's tide or moving water involved...just my tube cents cyclops

4my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The Cumberland is a good solid tube that I would recommend to anyone. It has a weight rating of 350# so you can even take the kitchen sink. FTFF members have a sweet deal going on with coverbonanza. Shoot me a PM for more info on that.

Check out my ad in the classifieds for ideas on racks. I can either sell you one or help you out with pointers if you want to make your own.

5my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

damn that sucks man, yah now its time to blow the money on a new one for sure. i am in the same predicament with my toon right now.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

6my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Sorry to hear that NeKro.
That is how I found this place, my old tube died and I was researching for a replacement.
There is a ton of information here on tubes if you want to look.
Good Luck and have fun.

7my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey NeKro I agree with must everyone on this thread, it is time for a new tube, .:LOLLY:. is right Coverbonanza has a deal for us %15, any tube. The Cumberland is one of the better tubes out there and I think you can get it for $160 and there are quick a few other on there. The Big Horn is a good as well, its a work horse, but if I were going to get any thing it would be a Cumberland, there is my 2 cents. Good luck bro any other questions just ask.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:43 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I tried to fix it the best I could, but as you can see the back

9my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

10my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

11my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

NeKro wrote:Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

NeKro,
Try these two links on the forum for help posting pics. Lolly took the time to teach us this stuff

I hope that helps.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

12my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

NeKro wrote:I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

You make the call just please be safe, try it at a local lake before Newport, things can get hairy quick if your not careful.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

13my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jerdon wrote:
NeKro wrote:Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

NeKro,
Try these two links on the forum for help posting pics. Lolly took the time to teach us this stuff

I hope that helps.

I use photo bucket but it said that I have to be past 7 days to post pictures. So i have to wait.

14my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:59 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:
NeKro wrote:I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

You make the call just please be safe, try it at a local lake before Newport, things can get hairy quick if your not careful.

Thank you for your concern. I should be ok. Ill test out the tube again, and make sure to wear my life preserver. With Christmas around the corner I rather wait and make the purchase on a sale if my tube can hold up.

15my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 am

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If you're gonna take a chance on the troubled tube you should use the buddy system...Take a fellow tuber on the trial run

16my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 am

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey you should check directly with the manufacturer. I got a free replacement bladder for my og fish cat 4 when it had a leak a couple years ago. Maybe they can do something for you. Good luck!

17my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:The Cumberland is a good solid tube that I would recommend to anyone. It has a weight rating of 350# so you can even take the kitchen sink. FTFF members have a sweet deal going on with coverbonanza. Shoot me a PM for more info on that.

Check out my ad in the classifieds for ideas on racks. I can either sell you one or help you out with pointers if you want to make your own.

Damn SALESMEN!!!! Lmfao

18my tube :( Empty Re: my tube :( Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pacifico wrote:Daaaamn after reading that tube drama I need a beer!
Good luck with the repair but honestly it's best you make the purchase, it's best to avoid trouble out on the water especially if there's tide or moving water involved...just my tube cents cyclops

The first line had me rolling. I feel your pain. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum