FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Today at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

cumberland vs marshland

+5
NeKro
chipmcd
Jerdon
kin
Cool-Hand-Luke
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1cumberland vs marshland Empty cumberland vs marshland Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i am going to get a new tube very soon, but cant decide between the highly rated cumberland, and the marshland float tube. both are by classic accessories, both rated for 350 #'s (i am 6' 250#'s), and both seem to have the same specs.....

ive read nothing but great reviews for the cumberland, but havent been able to find any reviews for the marshland.

does anyone know about the marshland?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i will be ordering from cover bonanza. the price difference is about 10$

thanks
luke

2cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:28 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Are you doing any hunting? If not, stick with the Cumberland. Same thing, but less money

3cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I  had looked at that last year when I bought the Cumberland, but the price difference was 70 bucks or so. Deal breaker for me then. For 10 bucks more I like the camo better.

Tell you what, I have a brand new Cumberland in a box. If you dont like the Marshland I'll trade you straight up.

Last edited by Jerdon on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:I  had looked at that last year when I bought the Cumberland, but the price difference was 70 bucks or so. Deal breaker for me then. For 10 bucks more I like the camo better.

I dig the camo too. Do you think it is basically the same tube? Just different case?

5cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:04 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

edited. re-read OP and already covered.

The Marshland comes with a detachable decoy bag which, could 1.) hold your legal flattie (ie. Seal chummer  Shocked  Very Happy ) or 2.) double as a travel bag for the tube if you  break it all the way down.   I like the web loops on the sides.  Fill 'em with eel grass and totally be camo'ed out for the harbors!!!

p.s.  who doesn't need a shotgun tether?!?!?!

Last edited by chipmcd on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

6cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:13 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Cool-Hand-Luke wrote:
Jerdon wrote:I  had looked at that last year when I bought the Cumberland, but the price difference was 70 bucks or so. Deal breaker for me then. For 10 bucks more I like the camo better.

I dig the camo too.   Do you think it is basically the same tube?  Just different case?

I do.
The dimension and ratings are the same.
It looks like the storage pockets are reversed, the same apron, the behind the seat storage looks the same, and they throw in a floating storage bag.

7cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 am

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wow didn't even know about the marshland. I too wwill be looking for a new tube since mine is about 6 years old. I am looking at the cumberland but hate that its only one color..... marshland looks like a good solid tube as well. who knows need to do more research.

8cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Get the camp Marshall and that way you and stinky won't look alike on the water anymore

9cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I would have gone with the marshland if I had seen it when I  got my Cumberland.  They have it listed at Coverbonanza: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I just took a look at parts for either tube at Cover Bonanza.
They share the same bladder, Boston valves, stabilizer bar, and apron when you order parts.

Tell you what, I have a brand new Cumberland in a box. If you dont like the Marshland I'll trade you straight up.

11cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:48 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I noticed that the compartments open from the opposite end and the cup holder is in front, but those are the only slight differences I see.  That, and mine doesn't have the backpack straps on the bottom. I'm half thinking about getting one of these and selling my Cumberland now...

12cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:07 am

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:I just took a look at parts for either tube at Cover Bonanza.
They share the same bladder, Boston valves, stabilizer bar, and apron when you order parts.

Sounds good!

13cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 am

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks everyone, going to order the marshland tonight!

14cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 am

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Get the camp Marshall and that way you and stinky won't look alike on the water anymore

Well, we are brothers. Guess I'll have to go camo so you and jake and look alike now

15cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I couldn't resist! Looks like I'll be a little harder to spot when I'm flippin' the tullies once this new tube arrives Smile

16cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Right on guys!
Looking forward to some reports.

17cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:10 am

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looks like the marshland is becoming the favorite.... Looks like when I finicky decide to retire the tube ill be looking at the marshland as the replacement.

Just wish there were some youtube videos on it

18cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:43 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

See what you did Luke now everone is going camp lol

19cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 am

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:See what you did Luke now everone is going camp lol

If coverbonanza is sold out of the marshland tonight when I get off work, I'm going to be mad!

20cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Just ordered. $182.55 otd.

Anyone know how long it takes for the free ground shipping from coverbonanza?

21cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mine was $180.88?  Must be the shipping address or because I used Paypal?

22cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Gatorfan wrote:Mine was $180.88?  Must be the shipping address or because I used Paypal?

I used PayPal too.

Shipped to long beach

23cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Chula Vista here...

I don't remember how long it took for me to get my Cumberland when I ordered it from them but I know it wasn't bad.

24cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Its should have been 169.66 from cover bananza

25cumberland vs marshland Empty Re: cumberland vs marshland Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum