FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 11:34 am

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Troutbum Today at 9:42 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New from Colorado

+2
jeffcpr
PanfishinOutlaw
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New from Colorado Empty New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:53 am

PanfishinOutlaw

FTFF Gathering Officer

Good morning!

Im Mike from northern Colorado.Just found this forum the other day and had to join. I got my first float tube 10 years ago and just wore it out at the end of last season. Some float tube reviews is what brought me to the site but after lurking for a bit i see you guys have really outfitted your tubes to make fishing more fun. So i signed up and will be looking for a new tube and how to outfit it to suit my fishing style. Looking forward to contributing and learning from you all.

2New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:37 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey PanfishinOutlaw welcome to the darkside. We are glad you found us, if you have any questions please as we would be happy to answer. What kind if tube did you have just wondering, also we do get a 15% discount from Cover Bonanza just a heads up, you can find there ad on the main forum page left side if the page.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:00 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome Mike!

I've been tubing less than a year, so I've only ever had one tube, an Outcast Super Fat Cat, but I can say that it's definitely a quality tube. The inflatable seat and back are very comfortable and I believe the inflatable seat helps keep a big guy like me out of the water.

Classic Accessories has some great tubes and I am sure others here with more experience will chime in.

Once again, welcome to the Forum and I'm looking forward to catch reports with pictures from beautiful Colorado!

4New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:34 am

Welcome dude nice to meet you

5New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome aboard Mike.

I recently did a comparison post between a few different tubes that I currently own and of some rod racks that I constructed.
Check it out when you have the time.

I am personally leaning toward my Cumberland Classic Accessories float tube over my Out Cast Fish Cat Deluxe 4 float tube. FYI ... I've had twice as many sessions on the OCFCD4 float tube.
The Cumberland float tube is more comfortable to me on the long sessions, it has more available storage and it keeps me higher; out of the water, and dryer than the OCFCD4 float tube.

I weigh-in at a grizzly 188 lbs.
My "sit-downer" gets wet at times while on the OCFCD4 float tube.
This really matters if you are only wearing SoCal board-shorts like me year round.  Thumbs Up

I purchased my Cumberland Classic's Accessories from "Cover Bonanza" .... they offer a very pleasant customer service and they also offer discounts to our "US Veterans"!  Ooh Rah!!  salute

SP Dan     <"))><

PS ... Sorry to tell ya Mike .... there is no known cure for your OCFD Sir. lol

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

PanfishinOutlaw

FTFF Gathering Officer

There is no cure! I found that the hard way haha. i build my own rods and pour, paint, and tie my jigs if im not fishing im doing something fishing related.

The old tube was a u boat 2000 from creek company. It was a nice boat but this time i will be getting something that sits me up higher out of the water. So far the cumberland is looking really nice! This time around i think i will put a fish finder and rod holder on it im really wanting to use it for some of the larger lakes. With the old boat i always stuck to the smaller bodies of water.

As far as fishing goes here in Colorado everyone seems to love trout. Not me i catch alot of them but normally am after panfish and walleye.

7New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

For what it's worth... I've made a couple rod holders from ABS, but I switched to a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] rod holder and I love it. You can set it up and leave it, or you can reconfigure it easily any time you like. It's also much lighter in weight than my pipe holders.

They show it as a side mount, and I used mine that way for a while, but you can also configure it to sit on top of your side tube and that works better for me.

I have three rod holders, a tackle table and a camera mount. I use velcro on the tackle table to attach a small Plano organizer that holds all my baits. Very handy. And being able to move my rods easily into any position has definitely helped me out in tight spaces.

8New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum PanfishinOutlaw!
I found this place the same way; looking for a new tube.
There is a lot of great info here on tubes. I weigh 200 and my butt does get wet on the Cumberland at times, however it is out of the water for the most part. Excessive waves, wind , or moving cause this. Classic Accessories does make a tube called the Marshland for hunting they say, it is the same size as the Cumberland but in camo, and a little more expensive

9New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, I don't weigh much, so, sometimes I just grab one of those old timey orange youth PFD's and a couple of pool noodles and GO!

Evil or Very Mad

10New from Colorado Empty Re: New from Colorado Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:47 am

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Nice to see new people. Hope you get a lot out of the forums.

http://www.integrity-traders.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum