FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing T.V. shows what do you like

+5
Komori Jeff
SP Dan
Jerdon
Ornery Bob
jeffcpr
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

When I was a kid I would look forward to Saturday or Sunday morning to watch Bill Dance, or Hank Parker fishing shows. These shows taught me a lot about fishing and really got me excited to head out and try what I had learned.

I am wondering what do you guys like to watch as far as fishing shows go. I have to say the In-fisherman is a pretty good show, but when it comes to watching a fishing show I want to learn. I don't like that there is now, you know the shows that are all about look what I caught to bad your not hear. I think we should be learning not drooling over the other guy's catch. What do you like as fishing shows and why?

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I occasionally watch a cable fishing show, but it seems they're all either pro bass fishermen horsing in fish as fast as they can reel, or guys raving about trips I'll never be able to afford, so my attention span is pretty low for those shows.

In fact, more often than not, they end up inspiring me to go to my preferred source for fishing knowledge and entertainment, YouTube.

Speaking of fishing shows that no one watches, I ran into Dan Hernandez at Sav-On tackle. I told him that the SoCal saltwater float tube scene was red-hot. He said, "Really? I don't know anyone who does that." LOL!

3Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dan Hernandez LOL ya most often when I watch a fishing show I am wishing I was fishing but that is why I want to learn something not just watch people pulling in fish after fish.

We need to be on a show Hell lets make our own show. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I always like Dan Hernandez, especially "The Tacklebox" spots. Sure sometimes was selling stuff for sponsors, but they were great tips and never was selling us $400 dollar poles.  For freshwater I liked Hank Parker back when he just sold fishing. I never was a fan of a lot of the other shows because they seemed to selling me sports stars and I really just want some fishing tips.

5Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

When I get home from a 6-8 hr session, I like to flip the tube on to "MLF" ... Major League Fishing.
Listening to the pro's critique their techniques, well it helps me for when I'm critiquing my sessions.

It interests me to hear the pro's explain how they see a body of water and what it is in that body of water that they are looking for, that would possibly hold larger fish and how to successfully get to those larger fish.

It also interests me to hear the pro's explain each of their different knots, their opinion on fishing lines, hooks, their planned to use baits in each changing condition and their casting techniques used in great detail in order to land those much larger fish.

MLF IS ENTERTAINING TO SAY THE LEAST!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I talked to Dan Hernadez several years ago at the big sports show in Long Beach. I was trying to promote my fish taxidermy business by talking and handing out brochures and business cards to fishing tackle reps and companies and to the various outfitters and lodges. Let me just say that Mr.Hernandez was just not a very nice person. Quite rude in fact to me and my adult son. There was at the time a fish taxidermy business that was very popular here in southern Calif. and I believe the owner had kickbacks going to most of the local sport fishing landings, stores, outfitters, and lakes that referred fishermen and their trophy fish to that taxidermist. Hernandez may have been one of these. It was tough getting business from these places. My son and I both walked away and said "what an a__hole!" I've never liked the guy ever since.

7Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I paid to fish on one of Dan's boat sessions and your right Komori ....

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

8Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yup Bill Dance taught me how to sit on my butt and fish , just like on a tube lol

9Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

For me it's YouTube......techniques, knots, how to and so on. I don't have a lot of time to watch fishing shows, tooooo many commercials, not enough ABOUT fishing. And then their is FTFF..............GT

10Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I don't get the Outdoor channel on my TV, but thanks to Dan's recommendation, I did find Major League Fishing on YouTube and subscribed. It's good stuff, thanks!

11Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I don't have cable anymore so I stream everything through youtube. User Jon B has great videos about his adventures. He's mostly a bass guy, but does other species occasionally.

I enjoy videos featuring from cast to catch. I learn more in how they are presenting the bait and other nuances that gets lost when people show only the fight and landing. MLF has some great shows and their competitions are very entertaining. Every fish counts!

Lastly, Dan Hernandez does a lot for kids and the fishing community...however, at the end of the day, he's there to sell/promote his stuff at ANY cost.

12Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Empty Re: Fishing T.V. shows what do you like Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I used to watch The Walker's Cay Chronicles with Flip Pallot and The Spanish Fly with the late Jose Wejebe.  When Jimmy Houston's on, I can put the remote down for a while.  That guy is entertaining. The same with Mark Zona.  City Limits Fishing with Iaconelli was interesting too.  Made you re-think "home waters."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum