FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 tournament series

+5
Fisher
ed5000x
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

262012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't we all just get along? rabbit

272012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:04 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Maybe that's why I'm not a good fisherman no patience. I'm just anxious and would love to see an event with 20-80 guys on a tube competing for a $5k purse. Who knows maybe someone will step up read the post and start their own SWBA type of organization for float tubers. Wink

282012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:08 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

n2deepfsw wrote:Can't we all just get along? rabbit

All is good just discussions on the board keep on fish all nothing to see here lol!

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

292012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 pm

n2deepfsw wrote:Can't we all just get along? rabbit

NO! Jeff hates me..

302012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:13 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol!!

312012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey we can just keep doing what we are doing and i am pretty sure there are site and comettion thing you can compete in and maybe we can get together and go compete agaist other but i got friend here who i dont want to be competing with but if you want to get together and kick some other butt and represent the F.T.F.F gathering buddy that fine let go get some but i would rather keep it simple here or maybe later on someone will do the own tourny and the hole 9 yards but everyone i fish with i like being around and i dont think i want to see the competion side of people here, to scary but thats just me.Also i have to thank jeff for the site and my buddy tom who interduce me to float tube fish and if this was competion we would not be helping each other on any thing cause i know i would not help the next guy if i was in it to win it, doesnt sound like fun .no more nice buddy or great job it would be "dam he caught one" and i will let you guy i dont mind support the forum and the gatherings but i am still going to particapate and donate to the forum so i hope i didnt piss any one off
And i will tell you this i fish with a few guy who dont want to go to the gathering cause of the competion we do have so if this turn into a different type site we might get a lot more members but we would lose a lot of good guy who help out alot and that to me is more valuable then competion, cant bet have a good fishing buddy in my book
Ed

322012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No more truer words have been spoke edwardo well done said.

332012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 pm

WOW... ok ok, let me clear a few things up for everyone.
First, the gathering we had on sunday was nothing more than a small tournament event that everyone fished in and had fun, No ? We had prizes and the person you who caught the most fish/best hand won. See, tournament/gathering its still a competion. Competion is way of life. There is healthy competion and then there are the guys who will cut your head off to win.
As I have said, I want to keep this on the down low, small. Tournament/gathering.
A small organize event like this is not going to make anyone loose any sleep or worry about losing your friendship with one.
If you want, you can call this a poor mans fishing tournament/gathering. I am not looking to turn something into like the SWBA or the other tournaments they have for kayaks. This is a float tube only.
A very small fee enter to have some healthy competion with your friends and possible make some new ones as well.

The problem I am seeing with this is everyone is kinda looking at the bad side of things. Remember, we are in float tubes, not a $30,000 bass boat or pimped out kayak. There is only so much ground we can cover at one time. With a enter fee of less than some people spend on coffie a month is not going to bring out the devil in someone.

342012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:23 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good points and your right like I said I will participate on gathering and the lil tourny we have but I think if it get bigger and more expensive a lot of regular will probably stop going but also I think if you don't want to compete just show up hang out and have fun
I set up a few gathering and I did not have any cash entry or prizes to give away and before you knew it there was 10the people ready to fish and I will be posting gathering that will convenient me and my fish and If i end up by my self or my buddy's decide to join in, I have no problem. I might even be in San Diego this weekend and post to anyone who would like to go sorry just a gathering but if you guy want side pots that's fine no problem. Like iI said before the 4 F's=family ,friends, fishing,and fun

352012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I agree Ed, I am all for the 4 F's. I guess with all this pros and cons on this idea it all really boils down to an organized gathering. All about fun, friends, family, healthy compention and making new friends and with some nice prizes that at the end day and maybe a nice party/BBQ at the end of year.

362012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You both make a good point, I'm in for the BBQ/party !

372012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:50 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sound good to me and can't wait to fish with every one again

382012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree Ed it was a good time...

392012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I forgot how to fish... not even sure which side of the rod is up..

402012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't help you with your rod you are not to touch anothers man rod lmao

412012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 am

no touchy, that is not allowed on this forum

422012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

^ green happy

432012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I guess the majority has spoken. Even though I'm probably the worse fisherman I know I would still love to compete against 50 guys even if I know I'll probably come in last.

Ok so when is the next event? I think I may hit up one of the pay lakes Saturday.

442012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wow everyone takin it to cereal if its to much money then dont join simple as that no ones sayin u have to join anything if its big u can still PM ppl and go fishing for fun just cuz u join something doesnt mean u cant have fun doing it ima start lookin into this turny thing if no one wants to start it I WILL cuz this is what i want to do in life compete in turnys

452012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I hope the best for you in the set up and you are right you don't have to join anything and you can fish and hang out with your buddy and still have fun totally agree with you
just a fisherman who have a great passion for the sport and enjoys great company
so when is the next gathering

462012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:56 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We should set something up for December, maybe fish NPH?

472012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Down with NPH

482012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:16 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool, hows the 4th or the 11th work out?

492012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Any Sunday is fine with me

502012 tournament series  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:19 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'll post it, and see who wants to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum