FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 8:27 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cumberland float tube

+11
bodfish
TheAsianGuy
IN2DEEP
fishntoss
Fisher
jeffcpr
waxon67
Konacrush
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Basshead
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:01 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Basshead wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Excellent approach in mounting the rod holder. Nice 35° angle to lower the rods down. Make sure to counter balance your left side with something heavy on the right, unless you want to loose your precious tools. May be a floating live well? sunny

By the way, I wouldn't depend too much on the plastic D-rings as a holder. Grab two of the 2" polyvinyl quick snap lines from walmart for $3 each, in the camping section. Trust me, when that rig hits water, you'll be introducing to unseen water weight that you didn't expect before.

Last edited by TheAsianGuy on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

77Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool set up!

you know you guys can avoid all this if you just let yourselves come over to the
TOON SIDE!!!.....

Hee, Hee,...

bodfish

78Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ed5000x I used the backpack straps that came with the tube worked out perfect. Just hook one side to dring, wrap it around and hook the other side the the same dring. Works out well since you can adjust the straps to different lengths

79Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:15 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Never even thought of that great ideal I am going to see if I can find the straps

80Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 pm

TheAsianGuy wrote:
Basshead wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Excellent approach in mounting the rod holder. Nice 35° angle to lower the rods down. Make sure to counter balance your left side with something heavy on the right, unless you want to loose your precious tools. May be a floating live well? sunny

By the way, I wouldn't depend too much on the plastic D-rings as a holder. Grab two of the 2" polyvinyl quick snap lines from walmart for $3 each, in the camping section. Trust me, when that rig hits water, you'll be introducing to unseen water weight that you didn't expect before.

IMO, if the D-rings are underwater then he has a bigger problem to worry about.

IMO, unless he is going to be having a child riding on the rod holder, there should be no reason to counter balance the set up.
Myself, I properly carry more tackle than anyone on here when tuben and 90% is on one side. no issues, no need to balance it out.

81Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That Cumberland is rate at 350 lbs I don't need no balancing it is stable and I high out of the water

82Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yea I'm sure I'll find out more once I hit the water. What do you mean by water weight? I've never been out so I don't know about any of this. I always thought the water would help make it lighter and buoyant but like I said I don't know anything yet. Will the rod rack weigh me down a lot on the water.

83Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If I go to the toon side I won't have an excuse to go to home depot and play with pipe tongue

84Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:39 pm

water weight will come into factor when getting out of the water but you have nothing to worry about.
I have closed loop system on mine and I drilled holes in the bottom pipe to allow water come into pipe and flow out/drain out when out of the water.

with your design, the only thing I would do is add a small 4-6" section of pipe to the fitting you have your pilers in.

85Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you have no problem on that tube i carry so much wieght on mine it dose just fine i got a 30 or more pound scooter i carry some times and it ride in the back dose even tilt it back wards dont worry on weight i wieght 200 and probly carry about a hundred

like i said i lean over in mine and pick my son up high enough to put him back in his tube and i was on only one side he weights 140 at the time i handle it like nothing

86Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:water weight will come into factor when getting out of the water but you have nothing to worry about.
I have closed loop system on mine and I drilled holes in the bottom pipe to allow water come into pipe and flow out/drain out when out of the water.

with your design, the only thing I would do is add a small 4-6" section of pipe to the fitting you have your pilers in.

i would do that to but i would also change the piers possion to the front but i am not that flexable i am old and stiff lol

87Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:49 pm

i would just put the net there and put the pilers some where else

88Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I wanted to put the net but since my holder leans back my rod hits the net. I'm sure after a Few trips I'll be making changes to the design.

89Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:58 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

it will all work out bro

90Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:02 pm

I would just leave it as it is and get few trips under belt and go from there. your off to an awsome start.
with your net, you can alway leave it laying on your apron like I do sometimes.

Have you glued everything togather already ?

91Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:05 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

please say no to the glue i change things around all the time and it really stay to gether with out glue

92Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yea I did because it was kinda shifting without it. I have plenty spare parts to make probably two more setups. I'll give you guys a test report after I go fishing. Possibly tuesday to slay trout. I live down the street from laguna niguel lake

93Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 pm

ed5000x wrote:please say no to the glue i change things around all the time and it really stay to gether with out glue

x2, no need for glue. I knew this but the plumber i am did not feel right about not glueing mine. this was a mistake

94Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:11 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good luck buddy and cant wait to hear how it goes did you need the fin to test out let me know and my be in the area tomorrow of costa mesa

95Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

No I bought the turbo thrusters and I have some old viper bodysurfing fins

96Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Until I can sneak in the force fins or omegas so the wife doesn't notice it in the bank acct

97Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Basshead

Basshead
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey honey I just spent more on the flippers that the tube itself, you still love me right?

98Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i had the turbo fins i didnt like them but my buddy dose i find the to be more tiring then the step in fins but i also own the force fins and i like them on my breathable waders and on my built in boots i use the step in fins

99Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:15 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Basshead wrote:Until I can sneak in the force fins or omegas so the wife doesn't notice it in the bank acct
lol!

100Cumberland float tube - Page 4 Empty Re: Cumberland float tube Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:29 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i went throw a few fins befor i figure out what works for me and you will figure out what works for you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum