FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish cat delux

+4
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
MASSfisher
goangels
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish cat delux  Empty Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:21 am

goangels

FTFF Gathering Officer

Ok got my first float tube fish cat deluxe ...now what? I still need a lot of accessories . First thing is I'm looking at waders and fins. Suggestions would be appreciated looking for what you guys use at the nph.

2Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:56 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's a sweet tube you got. I have a pair of Caddis breathable waiders. Cost me $120 brand new at Turners but you can find them used for cheaper. Id avoid getting neoprene ones because they really stick to your body and during the summer you will over heat big time. There are a ton of fins out their and im not an expert so ill let others chime in for that. You can use really cheap dive fins (sold in snorkeling kits at wal mart and suff) and you will be fine for a while. Eventually youll want to upgrade but dont let a pair of fins hold you back from testing out the new ride.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice tube! I like breathable wader, you can use any cheap scuba fins to get you started.

4Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:36 am

breathable waders is the way to go. make sure you try them on and get one size bigger. you can pick them up on sale for another $90 or cheaper. I dont recommend buying used. buy new so you can return them if need to be. I have had to return one pair already.
for fins, check out dive shops. you can pick up a good pair of fins for cheap.

5Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:51 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What he said

6Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey goangels,
The guys are well aware of my thoughts on this subject,... but to reiterate,..
If you can afford them, good quality breathables are the best, most comfortable, adaptable, (you can use them in warm or cold weather and regulate your undergarments accordingly) easiest to use, (quick in and out)
My choice are the Simms Guide Series, very expensive. but they will last you a lifetime if you treat them right.
Fins? Force Fins in the deluxe floating model. Again very expensive but well worth it.

NOTE: These two items are the most important components you will buy as a tuber or tooner so for my money, buy the best you can afford. You will not regret it. Quality, quality, quality,...
You may change tubes or maybe even step up to a toon but in either case your skins and fins will be the most important part of your gear!

bodfish

PS GO ANGELS!!!!! lifelong fan since 1965!

7Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have a pair of $20 walmart snorkling fins and had them over 6 years u do not need the most expensive fins u need ones that will do the job and for waders bass pro has some redhead breathables for $69 u do not need the most expensive waders you will only be using them 4 or 5 months out of the year get what u can afford u dont need the best it all does the same

8Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 pm

goangels

FTFF Gathering Officer

THANKS EVERYONE IM ALL ABOUT QUALITY NOT PRICE SO SIMS ARE THE WAY TO GO IM THINKING BREATHABLE FOR SURE

9Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:46 pm

goangels

FTFF Gathering Officer

MAYBE NOT 400 $ NO THANKS

10Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea, $400 is pricey. There's plenty out there in the $100 range that works well, some places might have there after Xmas sale going on so you might get lucky on a great set. Good luck

11Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:04 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I told you they were expensive. Check out Orvis fairly reasonable and good quality and a good guarantee.
and I agree there are 100. pairs that will do. I've had them and they were fine until I started to do a lot of wading. The 100. waders just don't hold up to the rigors of wading, hiking, climbing etc., etc., If you are going to just use them for tubing then FISHER is right go less expensive. But if you are going to use them for wading, or you just want them to last a good long time, then get the best you can afford.

bodfish

12Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 pm

T&C Lures

T&C Lures
FTFF Gathering Officer

I am not sure what your budget is like, but if you can swing about $200, Simms Freestone breathable stockingfoot waders are awesome!
If you are just trying to find something that will work for as cheap as you can, go with Hodgman.

Whichever kind you get just remember that you get what you pay for, so if you go cheaper you will probably be sorry sooner than later(hopefully not) but you know how the story goes...

13Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

DITTO!

14Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:30 pm

caddis $100.00 at sports chalet. used them about 3 months and they started leaking for somereason. no cuts, tear and everything seems to be good. I return and got a new pair, no questions asked. something to think about. go cheep, use them for afew months and return them and repeat if need to be green happy

15Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:10 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have $20 fins still have them and they r goin on 6 or 7 years now and waders i got for $50 goin on 3 years so that sayin "u get what u pay for" isnt always true its how u treat your stuff treat and ya some times u do get a faulty thing but thats y u bring it back to the store

16Fish cat delux  Empty Re: Fish cat delux Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have neoprene waders and no leaks so far. i love them cuz in the winter are warmer and summer just were shorts and are cool. but i wanna invest in some breathable ones for kayaking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum