FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small float tune trolling motor

+6
Docrunner
TheAsianGuy
Fisher
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
brand4440
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Small float tune trolling motor Empty Small float tune trolling motor Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 pm

brand4440

FTFF Gathering Officer

Found this trolling motor foot at the flea market. Guy had 3 and I bought all 3. They have never been used. Guy said they are about 10 lb. thrust and they weigh about 2 or 3 pounds each. Didn't see a name on them. I am planning to hook a forward/reverse switch and a speed control to one and rig it on my creek co. 420 light. Will use a small lightweight lawn mower battery to power it. I am going to sell the other 2 if anyone wants them. Price is $80 each. Leave me a pm.
Small float tune trolling motor 6629ff6d

2Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

very interresting

3Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Those are the same ones that I almost bought for $20 each. Lol j/k

4Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 pm

that looks cool but not cool enough for $80.00. sorry bro.

5Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:55 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This set up is 99 bucks
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't know how well it works but it looks like you just need a battery

6Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed i seen someone with one of those tube trollin motors things they seem like it would suck to use the guy had to trun around everytime he wanted to trun or move anywhere my back would be killin me in 10min if i had one of those

7Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea I was thinking of one of those but my sea scooter works just fine plus I only.use of if I am by my self or if the weathers bad or current is strong but it is nice to have

8Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:04 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

But that lil motor is interesting I think I could build something to work with the controller's in front along with a reverse and speed control switch but I don't have 80anything bucks

9Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:34 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's the same motor as the Seadoo underwater jetter/scooter for diving. It will give you a very light pull, 1/3 speed of your kicking, but enough to set you trolling. I know 2 guys that did that with their rigs. Really interesting to see. You will need at least a 4AHr battery to last you 1/2 session. Make sure you make a solid connection to your frame dead center of your float on the underside. Use your fins to correct your path of travel.

10Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:24 pm

sound like way to much work for me. stop being lazy and just kick you a$$ around the bay. if you time the tides right you shouldnt have anything to worry about

11Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

and if you time your tide incorrectly, then you have plenty to worry about Twisted Evil

12Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm

TheAsianGuy wrote:and if you time your tide incorrectly, then you have plenty to worry about Twisted Evil

I guess I'm just lucky cause I float the bay during any type of tide and have never had a problem. floating the bay is more than floating a lake where there is no tide. I guess thats why only real hardcore guys float the bay Twisted Evil

13Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
TheAsianGuy wrote:and if you time your tide incorrectly, then you have plenty to worry about Twisted Evil

I guess I'm just lucky cause I float the bay during any type of tide and have never had a problem. floating the bay is more than floating a lake where there is no tide. I guess thats why only real hardcore guys float the bay Twisted Evil

hey.. sorry if this is basic question, but could somebody clue me in on the tides and float tubing the bay? I'm assuming it's easier to get out there if you launch on the outgoing (falling) tide? Should I be trying to kick out on the falling tide, and fish thru low-tide, and kick back into shore on the incoming (rising) tide? Makes sense to me, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. How does wind factor in?

Ok.. thanks. Sorry for hijacking...

14Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If your at places like the LAB, NPH, the tide really plays no part in getting in, or out. What does play a part in fishing is what the tide is doing, water movement is Good, out going tides usually aren't, as are low tides. I find fishing is best on a incoming + high tide. One thing that makes kicking suck, is the wind, and current going against you, but alas, you can't help but get caught in it sometime, we all do. Drink lots of water, and eat a banana a day for at least 3 days before tubing, that'll help with cramping.

15Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good advise hammer.

16Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Like Hammer said...tidal movement is the key to fishing the local harbors. You want some type of current while fishing. This current is what gets the fish active because it moves in food.

Some of the best times to fish are on a incomming tide. This is when fresh food is being pushed up into the harbors. A good rule of thumb in fishing the tides is to try and fish 2hr before high tide until 2hr after high tide.

17Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Docrunner wrote:
miller wrote:

hey.. sorry if this is basic question, but could somebody clue me in on the tides and float tubing the bay? I'm assuming it's easier to get out there if you launch on the outgoing (falling) tide? Should I be trying to kick out on the falling tide, and fish thru low-tide, and kick back into shore on the incoming (rising) tide? Makes sense to me, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. How does wind factor in?

If you can time the tide right you can ride the tide both ways I usually end up going against the tide one way or the other because of the time I can fish. I have a article on my web site on tubing tidal water [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good luck and tight lines

Ok.. thanks. Sorry for hijacking...

http://bassinthehood.com

18Small float tune trolling motor Empty Re: Small float tune trolling motor Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I had one of those float power tubes many years ago when I had my Caddis Donut. The $99 is just for the tube and battery box, though, the motor sold separately.
AND, you have to license once you put a motor on.
It was a paint, specially with the Donut (an open front tube would have been easier) I had to be in at least a foot of water, so the motor cleared, then try to climb in the donut!
You turn the motor on and steer with your feet/fins. Moving backwards as it pulls much easier then pushes just like Pontoons.
It was cool set up for the time.
I do know several around here that have a motor mount built to fit over the back of their V tube. They run full sized Deep Cycle batteries. One large fellow uses a 50 lb thrust Minn. He mounted to boat bouys to the bottom of the back portion for extra floating, but this guy is about 6'6" and pushing 300 easy.

Sorry, got a little carried away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum