FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:48 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 9:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 9:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 9:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:06 am

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

When is the next fishing show

+10
flyfishingfool
Fisher
waxon67
bodfish
ed5000x
LGHT
HEADCASE881
n2deepfsw
fishntoss
jeffcpr
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When is the next fishing show Empty When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

You know Fred Hall and any other shows when and where are they going to be. I am looking forward to doing some site seeing. Shocked

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

fred hall in long beach will be the first one and I think thats in another couple of months

3When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Next Fred Hall show in Long Beach is March 7-11th. Then the San Diego show like two weeks after that..22nd-25th Thumbs Up

4When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thumbs Up

5When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Look up day at the docks in sd its pretty fun and free and they sold beer for two bucks!!!!!

6When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Never been to a fishing show before. Is it just a big place to buy gear, and drink beer or what?

7When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

LGHT wrote:Never been to a fishing show before. Is it just a big place to buy gear, and drink beer or what?

Kinda like goin to a really big Bass Pro Shop but with manufacture reps doin all the talkin. The last two days you can get some pretty good deals on things, as they don't want to pack it all up. But then again, there's 8 million people there..(not really)Sometimes Smitty from Parchers is there. Somethin to see at least once kind of thing.

8When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sadly I have never been in a Bass Pro Shops either so I think I'll have to make going to the show a priority.

9When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm

there is only good deals at fred hall show if you know what your looking for and how much they sell them in the stores. I was there last year and yeah, there was alot of things that seemed like at good deal but they weren't.
IMO, if your going to find a deal, make sure you know how much they are selling them in the stores first.

2 years ago my buddy got dawia 2 speed big game reel for half price. Now thats a good deal.

10When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

miller wrote:there is only good deals at fred hall show if you know what your looking for and how much they sell them in the stores. I was there last year and yeah, there was alot of things that seemed like at good deal but they weren't.
IMO, if your going to find a deal, make sure you know how much they are selling them in the stores first.

2 years ago my buddy got dawia 2 speed big game reel for half price. Now thats a good deal.

This is very true. Looked at a couple of rod and reel combos, but they weren't deals afterall. Glad I didn't buy em..Did buy a few t-shirts and a nice Daiwa jacket which I did need.Which was on the way out on the last day of the event. Again, take miller's advice. Thumbs Up

11When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good advice Miller.

12When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea and you get even better deal on the last day of the show cause they just want to get rid of the stuff to move it along

13When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

ed5000x wrote:Yea and you get even better deal on the last day of the show cause they just want to get rid of the stuff to move it along

That is what I have heard maybe we can set a day for all of us to meet up a Fred Hall.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

14When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds good to me!

15When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Historically the Fred Hall show in LA was the wests largest "Sportsman's Show". It used to contain a much broader range of items and manufacturers and many more participants. It is about 25-30% smaller than when I first went to it waaaay back. It used to be the highlight of the winter season, just in time to get your spring fever really going. I would spend a couple days there examining all the new stuff and talking to the reps. They have some of the best seminars and videos!
Haven't been for a few years. Guess I might go this time.

bodfish

As far as going there to buy things, especially looking for the show deals, It most often is the big ticket items that are the real deals. In the Old days almost every tackle store in SoCal would be at this show and the competition for show deals was great. Now it is just a few of the larger volume tackle stores and the show deals are fewer and fewer, and the day to get them is the first day, (when they have them in stock) and the last day. Now with the San Diego Show immediately after the LA some of the vendors will actually save some of their specials to take with them south. I rarely bought anything at the show except for things that were so new or only available direct from a small manufacturer. Some of the closeout bins are really good but you need to get there early and check them repeatedly. It is by far the best place to outfit a kid though.

16When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Last year I bought a tuna stick from my buddy Mac (his own design) at Lead Heads booth and I got a hat and a free beer. Made me happy. I go for the commotion the eye candy and the stickers and bargain bins. I am a sticker fanatic. I talked to the fellas at St. Croix and the deals seemed pretty good to me compared to elsewhere. In retrospect I wish I would have taken them up on some of the deals they had. Oh well there is always this year...I look forward to it. Always a good time!!!

17When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:10 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Copy that!
I blew it three years ago by not investing in their rods then. (175 a piece for their top line!) St. Croix is a highly underrated company here in the land of Shimano and Daiwa, they make some terrific rods, excellent quality and top flight materials. I am presently looking to replace my LMB set, and considering them or Bass Pro.
for the rods and Quantum for the reels.

bodfish

18When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

tubin seen a guy break his croix rod on a 3 or 5lb trout in my eyes croix no good im gettin a tackle industries rod here on friday and ill let you guyz no how it is read some things about them and ppl are sayin there puttin down there croix, shimanos, and g loomis rods and using the tackle industries rods plus they are all $120 but they only have rods for big fish pike and muskies so if u lookin for a swimbait rod that would be the one.

19When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just cant judge a maker by witnessing one fail. I have seen many fails of various brands. But to each his own. I have seen my buddy snap two Shimano rods while my second hand MR BIGFISH kept on bringing them in. Yes MR BIGFISH what's it to ya? Ha ha JK like I always say...

Fish what ya like and like what ya fish!

20When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

The Fly Fishing Show in Pasadena is gonna be on the 3&4th of March.

And the Fred Hall Show is two weeks after the Fly Fishing Show(March 7-11)

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

21When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well it is getting to that time of the year again...the big fishing shows are just around the corner.

March is the main month for the Fred Hall show. If you plan on going stop by my booth and say hi!! Once again I will be in the Jimmy's booth.

Show dates have already been posted above but for those that didn't see them here they are:

Long Beach, CA
Long Beach
Convention Center
March 7 - 11, 2012

San Diego, CA
Del Mar Fairgrounds
March 22 - March 25, 2012

Also there is the PCS Festival & Orange County Boat Show I belive it is in May. Iwill post the dates as soon as I get them.

If you guys have a chance stop by my booth.....plan on having some super deals again this year!

22When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote: I blew it three years ago by not investing in their rods then. (175 a piece for their top line!) St. Croix is a highly underrated company here in the land of Shimano and Daiwa, they make some terrific rods, excellent quality and top flight materials. I am presently looking to replace my LMB set, and considering them or Bass Pro.
for the rods and Quantum for the reels. bodfish

Hey bodfish you want a top of the line LMB set up come see me or Itchybass at the Jimmy's Outdoors booth durring the Long Beach Fred Hall show. We can get you into a Phenix rod for a great price.

If you have never seen or pulled on a Phenix rod you will be amazed on the feel and quality! Thumbs Up

23When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm

sonarbp wrote:
bodfish wrote: I blew it three years ago by not investing in their rods then. (175 a piece for their top line!) St. Croix is a highly underrated company here in the land of Shimano and Daiwa, they make some terrific rods, excellent quality and top flight materials. I am presently looking to replace my LMB set, and considering them or Bass Pro.
for the rods and Quantum for the reels. bodfish

Hey bodfish you want a top of the line LMB set up come see me or Itchybass at the Jimmy's Outdoors booth durring the Long Beach Fred Hall show. We can get you into a Phenix rod for a great price.

If you have never seen or pulled on a Phenix rod you will be amazed on the feel and quality! Thumbs Up
Phenix rod you say, what kind of deal are we talking about here.

24When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:17 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I look forward to the Fred Hall shows every year.....i wish we were allowed to sleep overnight there so we didn't miss out on anything....

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

25When is the next fishing show Empty Re: When is the next fishing show Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 pm

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I can't wait for the show. Really excited to work the show this year. Although I might disappear for a few minutes to stock up on tackle for myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum