FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 8:27 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

To kill or not to kill...or a different option...what would you do?

+4
TheAsianGuy
n2deepfsw
Tubinferbass
MASSfisher
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Imagine you are on your float tube and land a huge spotted bay bass. You tape it and weigh it and it is heavier than the current world record spotted bay bass by a decent amount (enougb for you to be certain it's a world record fish). What would you do? Obviouslypictures are gonna be taken but would you bring it in to get weighed? Even if you had a live well or somehowkept him in the eater till you got back to your launch area...he'd still probably die on the way to a certified scale right?

It would be great to land a fish like this but I doubt I ever will. But what if....

Curious to hear what some of you guys would do...taking into consideration that what you say now and what you would do if put in this situation might be different.

Personally, i think id keep the fish, have it weighed and mounted.When you think about it...it's only a fish and there are probably.bigger spotties hanging around somewhere. The fish aren't endangered but a lot of people (includingmysel) are big supporters of catch and released and no matter what your decision is many people would disagree with you.

Think about this: after Albert McReynolds caught his world record striped bass he said that he would cut the line if he ever hooked into a world record fish.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

And sorry for the typos..im doing this from my phone because im bored as hell waiting for my GF to get ready so we can go out to eat tonight lol

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I dunno I ask my self that all the time n my monster lmb quest. Hopefully you can call the marina or dfg to verify n throw back. I would hate to kill a one of a kind beast like that but if its between keepin it alive or get the money from mustad Id take the money. Best thin would b get money n release the ol beast back n the water.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

I would keep it and try to keep it alive for the weigh in. I would go to the point of calling the landing and tell them what I had and if they could help in any way

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok....what if you caught it at 3am on a ninja mission...legally caught from the tube though. Id definitely try to release it if i could get it weighed too...if that was the case no need for a mount unless it was dead.

I know the IGFA does records now for c&r you have to use their certified measuring tape though but im not sure if SBB or LMB are even eligible species. Im on my phone but maybe somebody on their computer can find and post the link for everyonr (hint hint).

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:I would keep it and try to keep it alive for the weigh in. I would go to the point of calling the landing and tell them what I had and if they could help in any way
X2

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

1. Create a floating live well.
2. Show the fish at dock to official from the live well. If needed, a bucket is required to keep the record holder a chance of survival.
3. If nothing can be done in order to prove your finding, then sacrifice must be made.

MASSfisher wrote:Ok....what if you caught it at 3am on a ninja mission...legally caught from the tube though. Id definitely try to release it if i could get it weighed too...if that was the case no need for a mount unless it was dead.

I know the IGFA does records now for c&r you have to use their certified measuring tape though but im not sure if SBB or LMB are even eligible species. Im on my phone but maybe somebody on their computer can find and post the link for everyonr (hint hint).

if i was to be still fishing at 3am on ninja session then I guess it may just have to die.
that is one tuff question and I properly wouldnt know what to do at that hour.

Dano67

Dano67

Take a picture , weigh it , breakout the wasbi and soy and have some record spotty sushi pig

Spongey600

FTFF Gathering Officer

to be completely honest i am getting a digital scale to weigh my catches for pictures, so i would take a pic of the fish hanging from the scale( maybe more like 5-6+ pics, then release it, i then have proof that i caught the WR even though it is not documented, i am not gonna get millions of dollars for it, so let it live another day!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

never had sushi

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed do u live in a closet u never had sushi u dont no what your missin but anyways i would get pics with weight if no one around i would call someone if cant get ahold of anyone then id keep it get my name in the record books maybe if my name was in the record book already then ya i would put it back

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum