FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rod hold live well and much much more

+12
HEADCASE881
Fisher
ed5000x
fishntoss
waxon67
ODCtuber
Dano67
Vance in AK
floater73
Monster
fever
jeffcpr
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Rod hold live well and much much more Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I found this a while back was not sure about it but I am trying to see if there is some sort of application of this thing for my tube. I am not so sure right know may just be to big any ideas boys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just seem to big and would be a pain to transport with everything else. I already dislike my set up, works nice on the water but it fills my tuck up not much room left after I am loaded up.

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Way to much for me, I like to travel lite

3Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I agree it is big but I am wondering what other applications it might have a floating cooler Ha Ha maybe something else.

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I know it is a live well but it could also double as a live bait tank?

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now your using your head that would be useful right.

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

For the salt for sure. Anchovies or the like....

floater73

floater73
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

What in the hell is that, no I have enough trouble moving myself at times why should I move that with me, I'm out.

Vance in AK

FTFF Gathering Officer

I would think that would make the tube want to spin as you kick & you would really have to favor one side kicking to go in a straight line.
Keep in mind I say this while I am yet to use my tube for the 1st time...

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Vance in AK wrote:I would think that would make the tube want to spin as you kick & you would really have to favor one side kicking to go in a straight line.
Keep in mind I say this while I am yet to use my tube for the 1st time...

Maybe you have not been out yet but you have a very good point I did not even think of that.

10Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Monster wrote:For the salt for sure. Anchovies or the like....

I dont know if I would want live bait swimming next to my knees in the salt as I thrash around No Then I do have a shark phobia anyway

11Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 pm

I made a few floating live wells before and they work great. Real inexpensive and Super easy to make and works awesome! I will take a pic of the one I have left that I use myself. It can be made in circular or square. You just tie it off to one of your D rings on your tube. Pics tomorrow. I'm tired. Going to rub my reel and go t bed HAHAHAHAHA

12Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:51 am

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I made a few floating live wells before and they work great. Real inexpensive and Super easy to make and works awesome! I will take a pic of the one I have left that I use myself. It can be made in circular or square. You just tie it off to one of your D rings on your tube. Pics tomorrow. I'm tired. Going to rub my reel and go t bed HAHAHAHAHA

What did you use for the mesh or should I say where did you get it?

13Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:49 am

Dano67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I made a few floating live wells before and they work great. Real inexpensive and Super easy to make and works awesome! I will take a pic of the one I have left that I use myself. It can be made in circular or square. You just tie it off to one of your D rings on your tube. Pics tomorrow. I'm tired. Going to rub my reel and go t bed HAHAHAHAHA

What did you use for the mesh or should I say where did you get it?

I'm going to start a quick how to thread.

14Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

**Sorry, I know this link is from another site and if I've broken any rules please delete this post.**
This seems to be less bulkier than the one used in the pics. it uses a normal mesh laundry bag, some pvc, and a foam pool noodle.

15Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That is a nice well. More than I want to pull around at this point but I can see where it would be useful. Thanks for posting this.

16Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

ODCtuber wrote:**Sorry, I know this link is from another site and if I've broken any rules please delete this post.**
This seems to be less bulkier than the one used in the pics. it uses a normal mesh laundry bag, some pvc, and a foam pool noodle.

No rules broke bud, in fact I was going to post this up myself. I am thinking this might be a good idea for our next float tube contest. A good way to get good weights on all fish caught.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

17Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Question on the drag bag idea.. Never used pvc for puttin in the water..If you have a frame made of Pvc and it is all solid. It won't float because of the air trapped inside??? Again, I know nothin about pvc..I did see the "floats" on the top side.

18Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I made a rod holder out of ABS 3 inch pipe and it floated and held 23 lbs but it did create dag on a long kick but if your just floating and fishing in one area and dont have to kick a lot to get where you want to be it ok

19Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i like that drag bag and ya the next gatherin we should use some live well thing so we can get the weight of everything

20Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ya I don't know about live bait next to me while in the harbor I think the seals might be to bold and see what's up I have live bait on the back of a kayak and they got a little to currious for comfort

21Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well i got a boogie board with a hole in the middle of it for live bait never tried it tho but i will also tie a 20 foot rope to it lol

22Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That design is perfect for a calm lake/pond. However, even with just a netting system sitting below the water with the live bait/fishes in the net, plus the dimension of the device is the same surface area as the tuber, can you say you have to work your leg muscles to the core due to the additional drag being placed on the side that the device sits on? Imagine adding just a bit of wind to that. You're done for the day after 2 hours. BUT, it's correct to assume that the system is more efficient if there's a drag line roughly about 10 feet behind the tube. That way, you only worry about the kicking to pull the device, and not worry about both pulling and stabilizing the device as it attached to the tube. However, that live well system, shrink it just a bit, will be perfect for a larger inflatable pontoon. Well thought out design none the less.

The PVC dimension of a 4" pipe with double sealed ended, based on calculation, will give you a buoyancy force of positive 27lbs. So, It'll be perfect as a safety floatation device to you to hold onto as you swim to shore. Not so much for you to climb on to get out of the water.

23Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:07 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Well i got a boogie board with a hole in the middle of it for live bait never tried it tho but i will also tie a 20 foot rope to it lol

Best idea by far hands down.

24Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:28 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

the best part is i am tieing it to waxons tube lol

25Rod hold live well and much much more Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

haha nice

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum