FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rod hold live well and much much more

+12
HEADCASE881
Fisher
ed5000x
fishntoss
waxon67
ODCtuber
Dano67
Vance in AK
floater73
Monster
fever
jeffcpr
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:14 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No worries bro. I can handle it. It will be my own personnel bait barge.

27Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Have you guys ever heard of a bait tube? some of the kayakers use them that don't have a bait well.

It's just a 6" diameter by 2-2.5' PVC or ABS tube with a cap on one end and a unscrewable cap on the other, holes drilled along the sides to allow water to flow through as you move and two eye bolts or rope tied to it to tie to the side of your tube or yak. Fill it with live bait and as you move along the water changes or airates and when you want bait you just pull it up unscrew the end and pour out a anchovie.

See if I have picts of mine or I'll bring it to the next gathering.

28Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i dont know about live bait and tubing but i will try it and if i dont like it i will cut my lose and float away lol

29Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The only harbor I've been too where I even noticed live bait being sold is MDR. Where would you even get live bait to use from other places? I have a dive float and an old boogie board I could try and setup.

30Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:Have you guys ever heard of a bait tube? some of the kayakers use them that don't have a bait well.

It's just a 6" diameter by 2-2.5' PVC or ABS tube with a cap on one end and a unscrewable cap on the other, holes drilled along the sides to allow water to flow through as you move and two eye bolts or rope tied to it to tie to the side of your tube or yak. Fill it with live bait and as you move along the water changes or airates and when you want bait you just pull it up unscrew the end and pour out a anchovie.

I like that idea.

31Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Vagabond wrote:Have you guys ever heard of a bait tube? some of the kayakers use them that don't have a bait well.

Ya I would like to see some pictures of that, sounds very cool.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

32Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Any pics?

33Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

there are a couple of video on you-tube. Seems like it's a bit heavy and bulky though. I think I would prefer towing a small float with net looped underneath.

34Rod hold live well and much much more - Page 2 Empty Re: Rod hold live well and much much more Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's not as bulky as it sounds actually, trying to find mine to take picts or bring to the next get togeather. Not sure where I put it but I think it's inside of my Malibu Explorer hanging at my work.

You guys don't have to buy bait you know, if you pick up bait fish on your fish finder or see them schooling around all you have to do is drop down a sibiki rig or first chum with a little cat/dog food they sell at .99 cents stores. Or you can hit a local pier the day before or in the morning and catch a few on a sibiki rig if you have a bucket with an airator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum