FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float tube transport cart?

+5
IN2DEEP
ed5000x
aj7798
jeffcpr
Komori Jeff
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float tube transport cart? Empty Float tube transport cart? Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Does anyone have a cart or "wagon" to haul your float tubes and gear down to the water when you have a long walk from your vehicle? I have some pics from a buddy of one he made from PVC, but I'm just looking for different ideas. One is a "game cart" for hunters to haul their shot deer, bear, etc.., and another is an inexpensive wheel barrel. I plan on locking the cart to a tree on the shoreline at the lake, so no one will take it. I use a hand truck type dolly with bungie cords right now, but I may be carrying two float tubes soon, mine and my grandson's, so I'll need something larger. Any ideas?

2Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:10 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Don't really think I have a need for this but I bet we could come up with some really good ideas.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

they sell some backpack straps for the float tubes

4Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:47 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Working on a wheel attachment for my tube

5Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can you post the pictures of the one that your buddy made?
I too, am working on some wheels to slide into the bottom of my rod rack but am having trouble with the rack twisting from the weight of the tube.
Might have to create a frame that will be on the bottom side to make it stable enough.
I would like to be able to keep the frame and wheels with me in case I need to get out of the water (due to wind or current) and walk back to the car.
With the storage bags filled and extra rods, the tube becomes pretty heavy and bulky to hand carry any distance. Shocked

6Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's some pics showing the "handles", the inflatable tire/wheel/axle set-up, and a closer shot of the steel rod axle that's inside a piece of tubing. I don't have the measurements, but I can get them. Pretty neat deal actually. Fits a Fish Cat float tube very good, and the big tire rolls great on sand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice!

8Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm

cool set up but question. once you get to the water what do you do with the cart ?

9Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Super cool Komori!

Miller, he probably locks it to a pole or tree and hopes that some low life doesn't take a hack saw to it to steal it! Mad

10Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yep! That's it. Lock it up. Most people don't carry hack saws in their fishing gear, and where we fish, it's quite a walk back to the parking area, so a guy would have to be pretty determined to do all that walking, plus possibly get caught stealing a good-sized cart like this, just for a plastic cart!

11Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:55 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i will work on it some more and get some picture up soon

12Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Komori wrote:Here's some pics showing the "handles", the inflatable tire/wheel/axle set-up, and a closer shot of the steel rod axle that's inside a piece of tubing. I don't have the measurements, but I can get them. Pretty neat deal actually. Fits a Fish Cat float tube very good, and the big tire rolls great on sand.

That is very nice looking set up sir you got my wheeles turning now. I need to quite my job.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

13Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice, I may have to look at something like that for the Perris season as the arthritis is starting to effect my shoulders and back more.

14Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 pm

vortec_cruiser

vortec_cruiser
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Komori wrote:Here's some pics showing the "handles", the inflatable tire/wheel/axle set-up, and a closer shot of the steel rod axle that's inside a piece of tubing. I don't have the measurements, but I can get them. Pretty neat deal actually. Fits a Fish Cat float tube very good, and the big tire rolls great on sand.

i have changed the design of this cart from when I originally built it a couple years ago. As it was designed in the pictures, it was unstable when sitting with my ODC420 on it, so I widened the rear legs for more stability. It easily transports two ODC420 tubes with no problem.

I also added a pipe across the front tire, so the tube wouldn't rub against it.

15Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice, except where do u put it when your in the water? can u take it apart?

16Float tube transport cart? Empty Re: Float tube transport cart? Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 pm

vortec_cruiser

vortec_cruiser
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I just take a small cable lock with me and lock the cart to a tree, post, or whatever is handy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum