FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ton of rod rack ideas

+7
Madbasser
sonarbp
Monster
ed5000x
floater73
jeffcpr
waxon67
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 pm

waxon67 wrote:I changed the rod holders to something in line with the Outcast example. This also features the blue closed cell foam tray to double as secondary flotation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OH MY GOSHNESS!! That is AMAZING! Please let me know how you like it! That is a rod rack I would love to have! Wow! Awesome craftsmanship! GREAT!!!!! I love you

102Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice work there buddy I like It What a Face

103Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So many ideals my head is starting to hurt plus i am waiting for my new tube to come Crying or Very sad

104Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks LC! You'll see it on Saturday and if it's still what you want we can get you hooked up. Ed gave me the idea to cut out the non foam part of the rack. You can see in the photo the Dremmel cuts in the plastic. My original thought was to use two rack systems and just use the foam holders. But this way, I only had to get one. In fact, Ed gave it to me! It is a Wally world wall rack to hold poles vertical on the wall. I had to do the cut outs to accommodate the butt end of the rods I will carry. Get this...when you take out the foam tray you can install a hand basket like you use at the store. This one happens to be from 99cent store. What you end up with is a live well if you will...just need a lid (made from closed cell foam).

What a Face

105Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Very nice work there buddy I like It What a Face
Thanks bro you know I need you to bounce ideas and get input so you got props here too no doubt!! Thumbs Up

106Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:11 pm

waxon67 wrote:Thanks LC! You'll see it on Saturday and if it's still what you want we can get you hooked up. Ed gave me the idea to cut out the non foam part of the rack. You can see in the photo the Dremmel cuts in the plastic. My original thought was to use two rack systems and just use the foam holders. But this way, I only had to get one. In fact, Ed gave it to me! It is a Wally world wall rack to hold poles vertical on the wall. I had to do the cut outs to accommodate the butt end of the rods I will carry. Get this...when you take out the foam tray you can install a hand basket like you use at the store. This one happens to be from 99cent store. What you end up with is a live well if you will...just need a lid (made from closed cell foam).

What a Face

Oh My Gosh! A live well under the foam! It keeps getting better! Great job waxon! I can not wait to see it in person! Thumbs Up

107Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here is a pretty well thought out design for a vertical rack. Simple is the key here imho. I am not sure I like the method of attachment but a very nice vertical rack indeed.

108Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Ta Da!!!! Not as hard as I thought it would be. Have to powder coat it if all works out ok. Painting it took the longest of the whole project. Price list:

1. Metal Pipe $3.75
2. Rod Rack $10.00
3. FRP Top FREE
4. Metal Clips $6.00

Total $19.75

Powder Coating- If I Do a couple it should be around 10 bucks each.

109Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:52 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice rack wax! Thumbs Up

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

110Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Thanks LC! You'll see it on Saturday and if it's still what you want we can get you hooked up. Ed gave me the idea to cut out the non foam part of the rack. You can see in the photo the Dremmel cuts in the plastic. My original thought was to use two rack systems and just use the foam holders. But this way, I only had to get one. In fact, Ed gave it to me! It is a Wally world wall rack to hold poles vertical on the wall. I had to do the cut outs to accommodate the butt end of the rods I will carry. Get this...when you take out the foam tray you can install a hand basket like you use at the store. This one happens to be from 99cent store. What you end up with is a live well if you will...just need a lid (made from closed cell foam).

What a Face

Oh My Gosh! A live well under the foam! It keeps getting better! Great job waxon! I can not wait to see it in person! Thumbs Up

Dude Nice!!!

111Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Damn Dano and wax you guys are very creative well made both of you. Dan that rack is amazing looking I never imagined the end product you came up with. Wax that box underneath is going to be cool to use. You could carry a few drink in there, lol!

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

112Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 am

Dano67

Dano67

Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to trying it out. It will at least keep me from holding my extra rod under my arm Cool

113Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 am

Dano67 wrote:Ta Da!!!! Not as hard as I thought it would be. Have to powder coat it if all works out ok. Painting it took the longest of the whole project. Price list:

1. Metal Pipe $3.75
2. Rod Rack $10.00
3. FRP Top FREE
4. Metal Clips $6.00

Total $19.75

Wow Dano, you and waxon are really upping the par on the rod racks! GREAT Rack man! and I mean that! GREAT RACK! hehe. It looks amazing and I can not wait to see this one in person as well! Have you tested it yet? It looks super functional. Great job Dano! :thumbsup:

114Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 am

Dano67

Dano67

Just a dry run so far. Should work I think:)

115Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks killer. Reminds me of a skate board! Great job and I really like the rod retaining system. Thumbs Up

116Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:20 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Ta Da!!!! Not as hard as I thought it would be. Have to powder coat it if all works out ok. Painting it took the longest of the whole project. Price list:

1. Metal Pipe $3.75
2. Rod Rack $10.00
3. FRP Top FREE
4. Metal Clips $6.00

Total $19.75

Thats great workmanship i like it
Very Happy

117Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 am

Dano67

Dano67

Thanks!!! Its going to be like a street walker fair on sunday with the rod holders Smile

118Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Are you going to SFD If so Bring it please

119Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Dano67

Dano67

ed5000x wrote:Are you going to SFD If so Bring it please

Heck yes, it's already hooked to my tube

120Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Are you going to SFD If so Bring it please

Heck yes, it's already hooked to my tube

nice

121Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano is that a bamboo fly rod in the rack I see cyclops

122Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:Dano is that a bamboo fly rod in the rack I see cyclops

Yes, two actually. The one with the reel on it is my little 2 wt that I love catching big fishon. It is only 5' long so it's fun to troll with. The other is a blank from long ago that needs to be ether re-wrapped or cut down to a small trout rod.

123Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet bro are you bring them Saturday

124Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Has anyone thought of making a holder for a video camera! I am looking for a way to do just that, when I get home I can edit the video and some music and post it on you tube. Very Happy What I should do is take a picture of my tube boat and video camera & post it for all of you to see, maybe the forum can help me get some ideas. cheers

125Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 5 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

CanadianTubeFisher wrote:Has anyone thought of making a holder for a video camera! I am looking for a way to do just that, when I get home I can edit the video and some music and post it on you tube. Very Happy What I should do is take a picture of my tube boat and video camera & post it for all of you to see, maybe the forum can help me get some ideas. cheers

I got you covered I found a site once before and it is listed on here let me find it for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum