FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+12
FishinPhil
HEADCASE881
Kelster
jeffcpr
waxon67
Lok Dog
MASSfisher
smith's handpoured baits
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
Vagabond
Aquaholic38
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question of the month? Empty Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would rather fish in ___________:
A. Extreme wind;
B. Extreme cold;
C. Extreme rain.

2Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've fished in them all and I will take rain over the other two. Wind just sucks unless you are doing the bait and wait with a 5oz pyramid sinker on your line and cold it's just too hard to tie knots when you can't feel your fingers or feel a fish hitting your jig.

3Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wind

4Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 pm

cold

5Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

rain

6Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rain as long as it wasn't to cold

7Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

love me some fishing in a summer rain!
last year we had to turn on the bilge pump during 1 of our tournys!
weighed some NICE fish that day!! Thumbs Up

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

8Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rain. Warm rain...if that even exists.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

9Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rain,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

10Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rain

11Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Rain Rain Rain wind blows (Ha Ha) and Cold just suck the life out of you I say RAIN. clown

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Gotta go with:
RAIN

13Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

cold....... i hate rain and the wind is not fun to fishin

14Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:25 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Extreme rain is the best answer for me. I don't like being cold and I have fought the wind on a tube and that is no fun!

15Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sunny ass day with a little bit of wind

16Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:51 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

In so cal the only time we see rain is when its cold so u will probably get both

17Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:sunny ass day with a little bit of wind
dont we all want that? haha but the Q? is "Extreme"...what can you deal better with.

18Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

HEADCASE881 wrote:In so cal the only time we see rain is when its cold so u will probably get both

True dat, but I still think Rain is better than the other options I hate when I cast my rod and the lure goes anywhere the wind wants rather than my target. Mad

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

19Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
HEADCASE881 wrote:In so cal the only time we see rain is when its cold so u will probably get both

True dat, but I still think Rain is better than the other options I hate when I cast my rod and the lure goes anywhere the wind wants rather than my target. Mad
I second that, plus extreme cold is just no fun anymore. I prefere rain over the others too.

20Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
WIND,
If you are going to play percentages, cold and rain in my experience are near zero for bites and fish. Cold and Rain = FALLING PRESSURE! the kiss of death!
Wind actually can be a great advantage if you know how to deal with it. There is a long explanation attached to this but suffice to say that if you are looking to develop a REALLY valuable fishing skill, learn how to fish in the wind!!!

bodfish

PS so heres the long explanation for anyone who is interested,...Fishing in the wind is a vital skill for tournament fisherman and one that they PRACTICE regularly. Fishing in the cold and rain usually means being uncomfortable but still fishing, and typically not having to adjust your game too much. (Smaller, slower, look for warm thermoclines and suspending fish, blah blah blah,... The main problem is that these weather conditions cause lockjaw! No willing biters!

Fishing in the wind requires a whole new set of mechanics and skills,( not least of which is good boatmanship). But it does not directly affect the fish adversely. In fact many types of fishing, like spinnerbaits, crank baits, (reaction baits), clear water condition or high sun condition NEED WIND to facilitate a bite. (wind causes ripples and waves, flashing and oscillating light, more shadows)

What the wind does for the fisherman is create a difficult situation for the fisherman to get his bait into the strike zone and keep it there. So your mission is to learn the skills and techniques to get your bait in front of the fish long enough for them to make a very bad decision. IT CAN BE DONE!! must practice!

OK here is a typical example of what I mean,

A few years ago, I made my yearly spring , trip to the Delta to pursue the wily delta LMB.
Day one) bluebird skies, in the morning all the 5lb bed fish you could want. Ready biters, 50 fish day!
Day two) same clear skies but a 10 knot so westerly, perfect wrinkle on the water,
throw anything catch everything. 100 fish day! No brag just fact.
Day three) Same so wester, turning west but 15 to 20 knots, still great fishing but much more work, late in the afternoon 30 knots but still great fishing! 100 fish again but we are completely thrashed!
Day four) wind dead west 10 knots, sky black, falling pressure and temp, pouring rain by 10 am and temp falls 25 degrees! fish till dark NOT A FRIGGIN BITE!!!!

Long story short?... WIND

21Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thats interesting.....
thats 250 fish in 3 days, maybe is not the wind, maybe by day 3 they have you all figure out!?? hmmmm...Suspect

22Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:thats interesting.....
thats 250 fish in 3 days, maybe is not the wind, maybe by day 3 they have you all figure out!?? hmmmm...Suspect

You'd of thought but we covered more than 30 miles of the Delta in six days. The bite we were on was systemic! and that is kind of my point. The point being, it was one of the most astounding examples of changing weather affecting a bite. And believe me I learned and put the experience to good use!

bodfish

PS As far as numbers? Probably my best four day stint was around 2000 when we had a butt load of water in the central coast. Four, 100+ days (our best was over 120) at lake San Antonio in an area of the lake we used to call the Jungle ( the river inlet. the area is now closed) I have also had 100 fish days at Cachuma and Piru. My God! fishing used to be good here!

PPS Looking to do a 100 fish day? Try Naciniento when the White Bass are spawning up the river!!

23Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:16 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wow thats cool! i gotta put those tips to practice!

24Question of the month? Empty My vote is... Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

...rain as long as there is no lightning involved! Gettin' lit up and fried is too extreme for me. Shocked

25Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

COPY THAT Watertooner!!
Had lightning strike within a few hundred feet of me 3 times in my life! HAIR RAISING !! (literally!)

bodfish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum