FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Today at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Today at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

San Diego Mission Bay 5-26

+4
Tubinferbass
.:LOLLY:.
wiseguy
faster u fool
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 am

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well decided to hit the little bay solo since the tube tournament we were supposed to fish was cancelled. I wanted to see what I could do as far as weight for 5 fish, so I brought along a hand me down scale. The SBS was having a night tourney that night so I wanted to see what kind of stringer I could put together against them...So I launched right at 5 the same time they were. Kicked out from shore about 15 feet made my fist cast with a 3/8 war slayer (dirty) with a med gold willow blade I attached. Fish on. landed a nice 1#plus spottie. Wind was up and it blew me back to shore while I was messing around with the scale....I kicked back out and made a couple more cast before getting hammered again. instant drag pulls, I thought I had a big one on, but it came up silver...ohh I thought grabbed the net and landed a nice little WSB. I kept on working the area using a slow retrive with twitches and pauses through the grass, with a fast crank every now and again. It was key to getting them to bite. I landed 4 more fish in that area in the next 20 min. The SBS boats started showing up, stopping by and asking how the bite was. I gave them the info, and they went on there way. I met a couple fellow tubers (n2deep and jeffcpr)fishing the tourney in a boat. I talked to them for a while. Nice meeting you guys. They asked me about the area since they were from up north.Told them what I knew. I found out later they took big fish a 3.70 Way to go.I hooked into a few more a nice 2lber..I made my way to another spot to get into a nice group of good fish. Then got the spot poached by some guys. They ran their boat right up on my asked about the bite and started casting within three feet of my tube and casting right ontop of my casts, even crossing over. I couldn't believe my eyes. They INFORMED me they were fishing a tournament. I told them I know in disgust. Clowns have some respect. Oh well. I kicked away until they saw me hook up and seemed to move my way again. Till they hooked up..eventually I drifted away from them. The sun fell and the slow night bite came on. I swithced to a t-rig flappin hog fished painfully slow through the grass. It worked and was able t muster up a few nice ones. Around 10:30 I called it a night I had enough kicking in the wind.....My scale I was using was not working as good as I thought it would. It would give me the weight then when the fish would kick around it would change back and forth. so I had to question my weights. On the scales memory I had just over 8# for the 5 biggest. I checked the scale at home with one of the wifes 3lb dumbells and it was right on till I shook the scale then it would change the weight again. to 2.7 from 3.1.. Ohh well great time fishing, met alot of cool guys out there. On a side note it was interesting watching the boat guys fish, and where they went. Completely opposite of what I was doing, except for a few I talked to. Ended up with 13 bass 1 WSB 1short hali...

Some pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet Report, Sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing bro!

3San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 7:33 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet Pix. Those spotties are some chunkers!

4San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome pics n post man wtg Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 4:17 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Correction. In2deep and Dan. I ran into.

6San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 4:25 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's right buddy Gilbert & Dan, thanks again for pointing us to the right direction!!!!

7San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 4:27 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Sorry bout that. Hard to remember names out there. Im so stoked it was u guys that stuck that pig. Yaaa buddy. Booya Twisted Evil a.

8San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 4:35 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I hear you I'm bad with names too. I thought that toad was going to snap dans rod, insane!!

9San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Dano67

Dano67

It was good meeting you. Although we didn't have as much luck it was a good time. Hopefully see you at the tournament coming up!

10San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 5:25 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ueah the san diego fish are tough..lol it was a toad. Hope to get up. there to fish with everyone

11San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 7:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

faster u fool wrote:Correction. In2deep and Dan. I ran into.

I was going to say I was fishing SD for the SBS, I wish I woudl have remembered that night lol!
Nice work out there Faster u fool, those were some nice spots. keep up the good work and it was nice meeting you to even though I was not there afro

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Waz happening Chris! Nice fish,...

What a douche move those dudes did poaching on your spot, SMH...No respect these days! That's why I carry scissors with me Wink

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

13San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lol guys those were not the big fish either. I messed around with the scale too much to take a pic. No more hell with weights until i get a good scale.

14San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Faster,

Thanks for all of your help, it was good talking to you. Are you going to make it to the tournament?

15San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I hope to.

16San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Faster,

Thanks for all of your help, it was good talking to you. Are you going to make it to the tournament?
p
i doubt you guys need help by any means. Hope to see you at the tourney

17San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Empty Re: San Diego Mission Bay 5-26 Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Dano67

Dano67

All help is always needed! Hope you can make it to the tourney!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum