FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Today at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Motor project finished!
by GT Today at 3:03 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labor Day weekend report...(late)

+5
wiseguy
Misfit_Angler138
jesusbm562
motorazr
fishslayer
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Left my house at around 1:00 AM Thursday morning and was fishing by dawn, got a couple at my first stop to start the weekend off right.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After breakfast at Shatt's I headed up to grab a campsite at Four Jeffrey...
Goofed around on the South Fork of Bishop creek in the campground for a little bit catching six or seven stockers and getting spied on by a deer in the bush...
Finished the afternoon tubing Intake 2 from around 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM for somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 40 fish, it was awesome fishing!
No big guys but lots of stockers and a few Browns thrown in the mix.

Got up on Friday morning to heavy clouds moving in and just barely got packed up before the rain hit, drove down the hill for a late breakfast at Denny's in Bishop, a quick stop at K-Mart and then headed up the hill.
I checked the lakes in the Mammoth area but the wind was kinda strong so I opeted for a couple of hours on the creek before leaving.

Stopped for lunch at the "Woah Nelly Delli" at the Tioga Pass (no pics, FAIL!) and then headed up to Virginia Lakes to set up camp.

Saturday I went down and tubed little Virginia lake and though it started off slow by afternoon I was killing it again, finished the day with over 20 fish and had several nice ones including a 3lb Alper that I gave to a buddy and his family for dinner.

On Sunday I tubed Big Virginia Lake for the first time and decided that I really like this lake as well, fishing was not wide open but I managed to get 15 or 16 (though no big ones) for the day.

Monday after breaking camp I headed South to check out Lundy but found the wind blowing so I never even got the tube out of the truck.

Checked out a few spots in the June Lake loop but the wind was blowing there too so I just had lunch at the Tiger Bar...
Left there and checked out Convict Lake but again with the wind so I just played on the creek for a couple hours but it had been fished hard by the weekend crowd and the only fish I saw were spooked!
Did get stalked by more deer though...
Headed to Bishop for another stop at Shatt's Bakery before closing and then headed South, stopped and fished Baker Creek for a couple more stockers before it got to dark and then finally headed for home after dusk.

Oh, I had to stop at Mt. Whitney Restaurant in Lone Pine for dinner, couldnt pass that up...

It was another good Sierra trip and I cant wait for the next one in October...

2Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 am

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Those trout look in good condition, sounds like you had a great getaway. Like the pics too man.

3Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:10 am

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

oh man those look like some very beautiful views
wtg on the catches, looks like you had a BLAST

4Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:45 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The Sierras never let down lol Awesome catches man wtg

5Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What a nice report! Thanks for sharing! That place looks amazing!

6Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice!! you got some nice pictures and views of the lake! wtg and thanks for the report!

7Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice! Beautiful countryside (I know) and great job on the trout! Hey just curious Fishslayer.. did you do that whole trip alone, by yourself? Man, I would have to share that gorgeous scenery and fishing with another person, although I go float tubing alone all the time.

8Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah I was more or less alone, had some guys that were supposed to go but they are all a bunch of slackers and didnt make it this year (Brian!)

9Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:23 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

nice bro. can't wait for oct to come around.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

10Labor Day weekend report...(late) Empty Re: Labor Day weekend report...(late) Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum