FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diver fins and neoprene wading boots?

+5
bassfishing24/7
bigmouthbasshole
Chomps
dave2375
SBBassdude
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 pm

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

Do you guys wear neoprene wading shoes with your diver fins to tube?

dave2375

dave2375
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I don't with mine...

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Some ppl do I'm planning on getting some because I don't want my stocking foot getting warn out from walking and the fins rubbing on it and if you wanna launch from a rock or spot that has lots of gravel those shoes will help

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I used to, but when I got my new hot spot fins, they felt too bulky and heavy with my neoprene dive boots. I decided to try some of those cheap pull over low cut aqua socks with a thin rubber sole. They feel much better in the water and keep my waders protected.

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I do but after im done tubing thier usually full of water,i tried them w/o & my Fins felt too flimsy On my feet,so i prefer wearing my boots.

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'm going to see if I can find a pair locally so I can try them on with my waders and test the fit with my dive fins. I wear a size 11 shoe but I'm guessing I will probably have to go with a size 12-13 neoprene boots so it will fit over my waders. Not too sure how well they will fit into the dive fins though. Anyway.....HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

7Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SBBassdude wrote:I'm going to see if I can find a pair locally so I can try them on with my waders and test the fit with my dive fins. I wear a size 11 shoe but I'm guessing I will probably have to go with a size 12-13 neoprene boots so it will fit over my waders. Not too sure how well they will fit into the dive fins though. Anyway.....HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
I also wear a size 11 in regular shoes,but when i bought my wader boots,they gave me size 10.i guess thier sized differently.they fit perfectly inside my Dive Fins(i use tusa imprex).

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bigmouthbasshole wrote:I used to, but when I got my new hot spot fins, they felt too bulky and heavy with my neoprene dive boots. I decided to try some of those cheap pull over low cut aqua socks with a thin rubber sole. They feel much better in the water and keep my waders protected.

Where can I get those aqua socks? I just picked up some hot spot fins as well and I see what you mean. The booties under haven't been bad for me but if I can get something less bulky that would be sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

MASSfisher wrote:
bigmouthbasshole wrote:I used to, but when I got my new hot spot fins, they felt too bulky and heavy with my neoprene dive boots. I decided to try some of those cheap pull over low cut aqua socks with a thin rubber sole. They feel much better in the water and keep my waders protected.

Where can I get those aqua socks? I just picked up some hot spot fins as well and I see what you mean. The booties under haven't been bad for me but if I can get something less bulky that would be sweet.

I ordered the Mares (1st photo) from Amazon. With shipping they were right about $25 and they work good.

A few days later I found the ones in the 2nd photo at Walmart in he clearance section for $4!!! They work better than the Mares because they have more support in the sole which also means more protection when your launching from rocky areas like the jungle or places with a long walk like Perris.

Hope this helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:34 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Might want to check out surfing and wind surfing shops for for some decent low profile shoes with soles.

I picked up a pair of o'neill reactor reef boots for around $25 at my local shop. They work great and super light. I use mine with hotspot fins.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:06 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the info!

Picked up a pair at wal-mart last night and tried them out this morning for a few hours on the tube. I definitely like them more than my booties (with the hot spot fins)....with other fins I never had a problem but with the hot spots it is definitely more comfortable.

I wish they went up to my ankles though....didn't have any problems today but after some time I'm afraid the strap will begin to dig into the neoprene stockings on my waders...

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

12Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

On the ones that I posted the image of, they have extra rubber on the back of the shoe. You can see it in the pic. That's where the strap lands with the hotspots. They are also narrow enough to work well with the hotspots. I use to have some BPS type shoes with the zipper on the side and they had way too much rubber on the sides to fit into the hotspots.

13Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am

Squidy

Squidy
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

how much would the boots cost ?

14Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Average neoprene booties (ankle high or calf high) go for under 30 from what I've seen. How much under depends on what kind you want.

15Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dam Alfredo, you just know everything!

16Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Empty Re: Diver fins and neoprene wading boots? Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have a lot of time on my hands LMFAO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum