FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by BenPhartin Today at 7:45 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force Fins.....With Wader Boots or Booties?

+12
Alakai
Troutbum
SP Dan
Rockzilla
ole giller
Aquaholic38
.:LOLLY:.
chipmcd
LoadedDiablo
fisheromen
Jerdon
atavuss
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

atavuss

atavuss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have a used set of Force Fins that I bought a few years ago to use with my Super Fat Cat (bought it a few years ago but it is still new in the box) but I was wondering should I use the Force Fins with my wader boots (the boots are size 13 so they are huge and heavy) or get a set of wader booties?  
I have been on the water exactly once with someone else's Fish Cat 4 and I don't even know what kind of fins were provided but I did use booties. I easily did 6 hours in the Fish Cat 4 with the booties with no cramps or discomfort.

Last edited by atavuss on Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

If the boots fit in the fins use them.

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I wear size 13 shoe as well. You will need size XXL in order to get force fins over dive or flat booties. That is how I fly. Cannot imagine kicking with heavy wading boots.

I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

LoadedDiablo

LoadedDiablo
FTFF Gathering Officer

Misfitdog wrote:I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

Hey Misfit, what fins do you prefer over the ForceFins? I bought a pair new & to be honest I'm not that blown away with them....especially for what I paid for them.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

LoadedDiablo wrote:
Misfitdog wrote:I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

Hey Misfit, what fins do you prefer over the ForceFins?  I bought a pair new & to be honest I'm not that blown away with them....especially for what I paid for them.

LoadedDiablo,

I LOST one of my Force Fins last summer and in a bizarre trade-a-thon I ended up with a brand new pair of Omega Fins. Here is a link to a report I did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have since bought another pair of Force Fins and I switch back and forth. I really can't say I prefer the Omega's. It does seem like they are faster in an all out sprint, but I never timed it. Somewhere on this forum someone used their GPS and said dive fins are faster. That said, how often are you in an all out sprint? I don't travel any further on a 6 hour session with either set of fins.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

If you have the adjustable Float Tube Force Fin, then either boot or bootie is fine. If you wanna save a buck and they fit, then use what you have. Personally, I use flats booties and I would recommend getting a set of booties for float fishing (also could use them stalking bonefish on Christmas Island.  Thumbs Up ) Like you mentioned, your boots weigh a lot. Also, with booties, it's quicker ingress/egress.  Save the boots for wading.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use water shoes over my stocking foot waders with force fins.

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use neoprene scuba diving boories. works awesome!

ole giller

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have a pair of Force fins in storage somewhere for back up in case needed. I have switched to Mares Quantro dive fins. So, So much easier on and off and I think much handier in the water.. I wear a pair of cheap Ocean Quest low booties over my wader stocking feet. This combo is comfortable and easy on the legs.    As a side note- these open heel dive fins are intimidating at first glance with the long size, but are a joy to use. I'm 73 and no problem at all.

Rockzilla

FTFF Gathering Officer

Make yourself a pair of fin keepers to keep fin attached to your ankle if it comes off.

SP Dan

SP Dan

No waders for me, I wear board shorts year round, I wear water shoes on my feet inside my Force Fins w/ comfort insteps, I also wear fin leashes on both sets of fins.

I am now 67 and I've been known to put in a few 12 hour sessions on the water without any issues, I get to where the fish are, I catch fish and I make my way back to my launch.

Life is good with Force Fins!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have used both wading boots and booties with my force fins, I prefer the booties, they are easier for me to put on the fins. My wading boots are too bulky....

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Are force fins a name brand or just a style. Are the Cumberland (classic accessories) version the same as what you guys are talking about? Had no idea they were that good

Sent from Topic'it App

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Alakai wrote:Are force fins a name brand or just a style. Are the Cumberland (classic accessories) version the same as what you guys are talking about? Had no idea they were that good

Sent from Topic'it App

Force Fins are a brand. A rather expensive brand. Their quality is above anything I have touched with my own hands.
Check them out here.

Most people I know buy them used on EBay.

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Stupid me, I should have just tried googling it. Thought it was a classification of fin.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

DL87

FTFF Gathering Officer

Old thread I know.... new to float tubing. Just want to say thank you for all
The info you guys provided.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

DL87 wrote:Old thread I know.... new to float tubing.  Just want to say thank you for all
The info you guys provided.

No problem that is what we do here if you got questions we got answers. Welcome to the sport of float tube fishing any other questions post a way and we will answer. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

SP Dan

SP Dan

I personally use and favor the Force fins.
Are use O Neil water shoes.
I also purchased the comfort instep from Force Fin, fin leashes off eBay and my fins are super comfortable and secured!  Thumbs Up

I highly recommend these fins with the comfort instep.

SP Dan

DL87 likes this post

Curado

Curado
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

The best fins for pure acceleration & comfort are dive fins!  A lot of chest/waist waders have attached neoprene booties.  They slip right into this style fin & are very comfortable!  I use my Mares Quattro  fins & I can rip across the lake when needed!  Lots of good, used dive fins for sale out there . . . Very Happy

SP Dan

SP Dan

Information on Force Fin‘s

Force Fin:

Field Test Other Diving fins:

Force Fin information:

Force Fin information:

I have field test Force Fin’s for 5 years and agree with everything that’s mentioned above by others in videos.

SP Dan

Curado

Curado
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Sorry Dan, but from my experience, Force fins are OK but they are soooo ridiculously expensive!  What a Face
$260 compared to $140 and my Mares Quattro will kick circles around them, literally!  You decide which is the better deal!  

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I did two reports on dive fins vs Force Fins.
The last report I did was nearly 2 years ago after a hip replacement. I was in poor physical shape and working on recovery. Here is a link to that report with times recorded with a stopwatch. There is also a link of my first report of Omega Dive Fins.

I can summarize by saying dive fins feel more powerful and faster. However, timed trials show a different story.

I hope this helps.

Curado

Curado
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon, all the fins tested looked like lightweight, snorkel fins!  Not real dive fins like the Mares Quattro or other high end ones.  There is no replacement for displacement!  Granted, I have strong legs but would easily crush those Force Fins in a paddle off . . . hehe!  I have been beside dive buddies in the ocean using them & they were slow  Red Smile Use what ever works for ya, right? salute

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Curado wrote:Jerdon, all the fins tested looked like lightweight, snorkel fins!  Not real dive fins like the Mares Quattro or other high end ones.  There is no replacement for displacement!  Granted, I have strong legs but would easily crush those Force Fins in a paddle off . . . hehe!  I have been beside dive buddies in the ocean using them & they were slow  Red Smile    Use what ever works for ya, right?   salute

Popular consensus is the Dive Fins work for those who are in great shape. For the rest of us, Force Fins will out perform the big fins. My analogy is like this, if I could strap on two 8 feet by 32 inch doors to my shoe I could move more water than any fins. But once I am too fatigued to to move the doors, any fin wins.

But yes, get out and fish. What ever fin you can get will be better than barefoot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum