FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 8:27 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fins for size 15 wading boots?

+2
MenyoG
bigfootz
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Fins for size 15 wading boots? Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:38 pm

bigfootz

FTFF Gathering Officer

Calling all Bigfoots!  I'm having trouble finding fins that will accommodate size 15 Korkers wading boots.  The Turtle 3xl fins didn't fit.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:06 pm

MenyoG

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Size 15???
You better look at snowboards instead

3Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 pm

filippodg

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Zero.

Last edited by filippodg on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

4Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Whoa!
Size 15, what do need the fins for?

Can you measure the the outside dimensions of the boot?
Width, Height, and Length and maybe we can check that against our fins.

5Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:46 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

bigfootz,

I use Float Tube Force Fins and they're pretty adjustable fore and aft and over the top of the boot but, if your boot is just too wide, then there's no need to further investigate.  I can check the max width of the fin tomorrow, if you're interested. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you use your Korkers for approach and tubing/wading?  If so, and your having problems finding fins, may I suggest using dedicated approach or hiking shoes and then a flats boots to tube - might open up more choices and save some needed real estate for the fins.  You can just store you boots in the rear deck  of your tube (or in your case, they may need their own float tube  salute ) For short walks, they're fine.  A couple hundred yards down a dirt/slightly rocky boat ramp at Heenan was no problem this past weekend. But if you're hiking say a few miles, then you'll want to pack your gear and I'd imagine you'd want make the hike as comfortable as possible.  Not much ankle support in them so, YMMV.

Another thought - I use Simms neoprene guard socks with my wading boots to wet wade creeks when I fly fish, weather permitting (you'd probably want the regular neoprene socks as the guards aren't needed.) They're a little thinner than my flats boot I use specifically for tubing (and hopefully someday for hunting bonefish on the flats  Twisted Evil ) Since you probably have stocking foot waders, at a minimum, I'd slap something like them on if I needed to try to cram the 15's in a fin with minimum footwear.  I'd imagine you'd want to protect the waders' stocking feet as much as possible. Direct contact and rubbing may damage the foot of the waders. With a neoprene sock, at least you'll just sacrifice it rather than the waders themselves. If you have a short walk to the launch area and you wear you waders, you may want to use some Crocs to get there.  Crocs Off Roads have adjustable heel straps (something you may need.)  BTW, I use waders and those Crocs for wintertime surf fishing; lightweight and won't corrode. I just worry the sand may ruin my waders foot though.

Good luck.

6Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 am

bigfootz

FTFF Gathering Officer

Jerdon wrote:Whoa!
Size 15, what do need the fins for?

Can you measure the the outside dimensions of the boot?
Width, Height, and Length and maybe we can check that against our fins.

Appreciate your help!
Boot dimensions
Total boot length = 14.5"
Ideal length to go in fin foot pocket = 6" to 7"
Width = 5" (toe cap area)
Height = 5" (where the boa laces start)

7Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have Omega in XL.
They will be too small for your boots, but maybe stocking foot?
7 1/4 long at the top and 11 inches long on the bottom. They really protect the stocking foot.
They measure 4 1/4 Wide by 4 Tall.
They fit shoes that are 4 1/2 by 4 just fine. Soft comfortable rubber on these.

I hope this helps.

Lets see what the Force Fin adjustable is.

8Fins for size 15 wading boots? Empty Re: Fins for size 15 wading boots? Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm

atavuss

atavuss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I wear a size 13 Simms Freestone wading boot that is about 13.6" long and 5" wide at the widest, it fits in my Force Fins fine and it looks like your slightly larger boot might fit too.  The back strap to the Force Fins is adjustable and the top strap is adjustable as well.
You might contact Force Fin and ask them if your boot would fit before spending the money for the fins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum