FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for wading booties in size 14

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for wading booties in size 14 Empty Looking for wading booties in size 14 Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Board,

I have a pair of inexpensive wading booties that I bought at Bass Pro. They are fine in the summer worn over a pair of sweat socks while tubing w/o waders but even though they are size 13 they will not fit over stocking foot waders. Does anyone know of source for wading booties in size 14? I am looking for something that I can wear that will fit over my stocking foot waders that have neoprene feet and still be a little smaller than wearing my regular wading shoes that I wear in streams and rivers.

Are there any other people with big feet out there that have found something that works? Ideally it would have a lug on the back of the shoe to help keep fins on my feet but I'll look at anything. I've thought of just wearing neoprene socks but I want a little more protection because I'd rather not ruin my waders.

Thanks,

Tim Murphy  Smile 

Yardsaleunderwear

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey Tim, I wear a 13 XW , but I have never bought boots specifically for wading. Theres absolutely no difference as long as they are man made uppers and not leather, any boot or high top tennis shoes will work with fins on. I say stay away from leather, because if you sit them outside to dry in the sun after each trip, they will eventually start to crack and split. Check KMART, they normally have cheap boots in sizes 13-14 EEE . When buying boots to fit over your waders, just go up one size and make it extra wide. Size 14's might be a little harder to find though, GOOD LUCK!!!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

It just so happens in my web search today I happened upon this site which carters to big and tall folk.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe they have what you are looking for, I happened to send them some advertising info to see if they wanted to join our board.  Cool 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks guys.  I did find that Caddis, the maker of float tubes, has a bootie available in size 14 so I think I will pick a pair of them up.  

NRS, the rafting and cataraft place also has similar booties in even larger sizes but they are bit more expensive.  I'm still considering some of these especially the ATB's because they look like they have the lug on the back above the heel to help hold a pair of fins on your feet.

If I turn up anything else I'll post something on here, I can't be the only tuber with big feet.

Regards,

Tim Murphy  Smile 

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dear Tim Murphy,
Long time no hear! You still floating the Day Tripper?
These are fantastic boots and size 14

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Renegade,

I still kick around in the Day Tripper from time to time. I am looking for the wading booties to wear when I head out in my Creek Company Voyager. I picked it up for next to nothing at Cabelas because I was looking for something for moving water. I've got some decent sized streams around here that I wade fish for smallmouth and if I could float them I figure it can get to fish that aren't easily bothered from the usual access points.

I have a buddy that owns a fly shop, I'll have to ask him if he has the Simms booties in stock. I'd like to try them on with waders to make sure they fit so I may have to keep looking around for a shop that has them in stock. The size 13's I wear now will not cut it over waders.

Regards,

Tim Murphy  Smile 

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Understand totally. I bought some new Dan Bailey stocking foot hip waters and then had to buy boots because the neoprene booty is thicker than my waders.
My foot is still small enough that I can wear regular wader boots in my fins.
So, how you liking the Voyager?

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I really like the Voyager. I can float around in it all day and my butt never gets wet. For as big as it is I have no problem moving it around under foot power. I need a bit of work on the rowing though, as I have a hard time tracking in a straight line.

Stocking foot hippers are all I need to wear in it but in the colder weather I still wear chest waders. Soon it will be warm enough to not waders at all but in the meantime I want to get a decent bootie so I don't trash my waders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum