FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ending the Year On A Good Note

+3
Fisher
bigmouthbasshole
desertstorm28
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Ending the Year On A Good Note Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Decided to make use of our 2012 licenses one last time so my dad (H.M.S. Shorebucket) and myself headed out to Perris (again) in search of that first tube fish. Since Perris is the closest lake by far for us to tube we tend to hit here a lot. After our foggy adventure last time we decided to fish a little later than previous times. Got to the lake at 7:30 to a temperature of 33 degrees with the ground completely covered in frost. Decided it was too cold for us desert rats to get out in the tube so I bait dunked some nightcrawlers on the launch ramp of lots 11 & 12 while my dad fished the tulies with a drop shot. After awhile Shorebucket hooks up into a nice bass from shore. At 8:30 we decided that we were thawed enough to get the tubes wet. Got everything together and in the water by 9 working the east end. Shoreucket hooked into another nice fish along the tulies on a drop shot for his first tube fish. I was kicking to the far end dragging a nightcrawler on one pole and working a carolina rigged plastic crawdad. I set my c-rigged pole down to respond to a trash talk text about my Broncos when suddenly it goes bendo! I put my phone down, set the hook and start reeling when suddenly i feel nothing. Sure enough reeled it in to find a messed up plastic with no fish. Damn!!! Got my rig set up again and threw it out there when suddenly my other pole starts moving around. Reeled it in to find a Rainbow Trout on the other end that was long but pretty skinny. Finally my first tube fish! Not long after my nightcrawler pole goes seriously bendo and I was able to net a good size bass despite the 3 lb. leader I had. Continued fishing the east end before calling it a day at 1. Shorebucket ended up with 3 bass with one spitting the hook reaching for the net all on drop shot and I ended with 3 bass and a trout caught on drop shot and nightcrawlers. All fish were released back in to the lake cheers

All fish caught in less than 10 ft. of water

The trout... picture doesn't do it justice of how long it actually was
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My big one

H.M.S. Shorebucket's big one

2Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:47 pm

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice report, way to go out there!!!

3Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wtg

4Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wtg!

5Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice job sticking them through the cold weather

6Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:09 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice work boys keep up the good work in the new year drunken

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 am

WTG boys. Ending your 2012 year like that only means one thing, there will be plenty of fish to come for you guys this year

8Ending the Year On A Good Note Empty Re: Ending the Year On A Good Note Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice going, the east end is my favorite especially around April. Keep up the good work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum