FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My new cumberland rigged and ready

+8
itube
ed5000x
jeffcpr
wiseguy
bassfishing24/7
Sheriffdad
Gatorfan
hobie278
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 Empty Re: My new cumberland rigged and ready Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sheriffdad wrote:
Docrunner wrote:
you can get that flex arm on eBay, from hong kong.. look up "flex monopod", and it will INCLUDE the base screw for a camera tripod, that will screw right into one of the GoPro tripod attachments you can buy. I can post pics of my GoPro flex arm setup when I get home, if it's not clear. Pretty easy mod.

Docrunner----A picture would be great to see how you mount it to the rod rack, as well as the monopod set-up.

Hey Sheriff,
I'm at work, and my float tube stuff is all in storage for the winter. (that's my weekend project: to get ready to hit the water!) .. Anyways, here's my "recipe".. pretty easy.

$9 shipped, from Hong Kong
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 $(KGrHqN,!rcE88g9dOHYBPWHwj)QZg~~60_12

$6
My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 $T2eC16VHJIQE9qUHtHPeBQQSzf!vTw~~60_35

What else you need...
(1) Dremel or hacksaw to saw off the suction cup bottom of the flex monopod
(2) 5-min epoxy from Walmart
(3) PVC attachment joints, either SLIP, or UNION (more expensive, but secure)

Optional..
(1) pool noodle or something floatational to wrap around the flex arms.. in case it falls into the drink with your expensive gopro attached.. or a bungee/telephone cord tether.

Tips...
- you can detach the little ball joints by pulling them apart hard, so if you wanted, you can buy 2 flex monopods, and make a longer or shorter arm to suit your needs.
- the bottom ball joint, I just sort of fit it into a PVC joint, and epoxy welded the cr@p out of it to secure it into the PVC joint.
- my set-up is a wrap-around PVC frame, I think 1/2-inch PVC. It's a bit thin, and has some flex.
My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 Photo-L

The flex transmits to your camera, and produces some creaking noise into your video. It's not that bad, but kind of annoying. My wrap around frame, with this camera arm mounted above/behind my right shoulder, makes a pretty nice stable video. I noticed in the video above, that there is some significant sway. That might be more because his is not a wrap-around frame?? I don't know. You can see the steadiness of my video, and hear the annoying creaking sound in this video of mine from my first time out there with this setup....

Honestly, I don't bother mounting my gopro flex arm to my rod rack frame anymore. I have a GoPro attachment base epoxyed to the bill of my fishing cap, and I use that almost all the time now.
My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 Photo-M
The sound was annoying, and my hat-cam is faster, and easier, and I can shoot whatever I want by just turning Mad my head and looking.

Ok.. hope this helps. Good luck. My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 595105
-Jay

27My new cumberland rigged and ready - Page 2 Empty Re: My new cumberland rigged and ready Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well time for an up date. The 8AA batteries didn't work out to well, also didn't last all day like i thought they would. So i switched to a LIPO battery 11.1V 2200mah i use these for my remote control airplanes. They will last about 3 to 4 hours so i take two and replace it when i need to they also fit down inside the tube. Also changed my rod rack to have my rods at 90 degree straight up not at a 45 degree. I kept hitting the docks with my second rod when i would turn around so i changed it.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum