FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

CS UV Blast or UV enhancement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Empty CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

OKay, I may be stepping into a landmine for starting this up, but since Jeff wants to get some discussions running, how about the hot topics that spans from fresh to salt waters, from fly fishing to trolling.

Some of the bait/lure makers infused UV reflective materials into their designs. This by means is great when it comes to hunt for fishes, at maturity, that can still detect UV spectrum. But these fishes exist only at the depth far deeper than 300 feet, where light becomes fragmented, but UV light still penetrates.

Fishes that linger near the surface down to 100 feet matured with developed lateral lines, creating a much more aggressive approach in detecting movement of possible preys.

Now, are we spending wasteful money on UV enhancement for our baits/lures? For certain, fishes do detect coloration and reflectivity of lights (sparkles of light spectrum like a mirror), not UV, to distinguish what should be eaten, and what should be stayed far away from. Think about plugs with odd painting designs get hammered. It's not about UV reflectivity, rather, it's the movement and motions, combined with colors. This can be proven with rainbow and brown trout, which hunt equally by sight and by vibration.

So, I hope you guys are not spending your hard earned cash to be tricked into purchasing UV enhancement stuff. You should save that for rave parties, or clubs.

2CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Empty Re: CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow there is a topic for us, I agree that movement and action are major points to look at when it comes to lures. Example a good paddle tail on a swimbait, this help water get moved and creating that distrubance in the water the fish are looking for and the swimming action we can all agree is very relistic or at least a relistic as we can make it at this point.
Color is the other side of this and I think can be very important, maybe not as important to the fish rather more important to the fishermen. But when it comes to UV I am not sure if it is important or not. I feel that if the fish is in the reaction mood, then this might be a good thing, the flash may provoke the strike. Also I do feel when it comes to the fishermen's eye that is what most companies lean to when selling there goods. If you catch the fishermans eyes then you caught them, so the UV idea might be an eye catcher for some guys. So UV or not to UV that is the question but if it has caught fish for you before it might be a staple in your Tackle box now.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Empty Re: CS UV Blast or UV enhancement Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Many who are pro UV argued that UV reflective enhanced products create an edge for the early dawn and dusk hours, as well as during heavy overcasts. There's a massive mix bag of opinions on both sides of the fences for those who use UV enhanced vs those who use realistic swimbaits, cranks, and spoons to provoke feeding predators.

Indeed, the UV idea is to catch anglers/buyers. Colors is secondary. But there's heavy validity to colors that promotes even the shiest fish to bite. Lake Perris is an example of colors. You use chartreuse and black, or orange-black with sparkling flakes, purple-black with flakes, you surely promote instant strikes. Diamond Valley, any colors relating to a rainbow trout, coppernose, bluegill, or perl white (stiper's fingerlings color scheme), you will invoke and provoke bites.

Then the realistic presentation..how far are we going to there? In the past, tossing a modified spoon (really..a spoon we eat with), and have it slightly painted, will invoke bites. But over time, as the fishes are getting smarter, we redesign our lures and baits to mimic the real things as possible. It goes as far as using the Alabama rig (A-rig) to induce the a school of fish mimicry, which pushes the envelope even more to provoke bites, combined with realistic soft swimbaits, even on the days that the fishes don't want to bite. I've seen the A-rig also use spinners, and get nailed in heavily fished waters.

So, is it the presentation (life-like and movement), the erratic mass movement in the water (may it be the life-like plastic or just spinners/spoons), or could it be because of attractant factors (scents and UV)? Or all these just boiled down to the stupid fishes just want eat, or are desperate to gulp down anything that moves in order to fill their bellies? What's your uptake on this after years of using various lures and baits?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum