FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the forum and tubing

+3
.:LOLLY:.
desertstorm28
chevyblue01
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to the forum and tubing Empty New to the forum and tubing Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 am

chevyblue01

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey guys and gals I posted already in another section on here but figured I would intoduce myself. I'm Ryan from So.Cal have fished since I was 2 years old. Enjoy fresh and saltwater and finally am venturing into tubing. Got a Cumberland tube since I'm a bigger guy and must say I'm like a kid in a candy store ready for my first trip out. Going to the eastern sierras. What necessities are there to carry In your tube? Still trying to understand PFD if they are a law to carry/wear? Thanks for everyone's help in advance

2New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome to the addiction! A PFD is usually required everywhere you tube but if I don't have waders on I just clip it to my tube, doesn't hurt to at least have in case something happens

3New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards! Most fresh water places require a PFD

4New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums lots of info here i never had a pfd with me and never been asked about it bring one on your first trip if no one else has one then dont bother bringin it next time

5New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard chevyblue. Everyone is correct on a PFD is required, not just at freshwaters, but salts as well. However, wearing them at all time, that's interpretation that requires with a grain of salt.

Most coastguards and lake patrol will eyeball to see you if you have a PDF. If you don't, they don't really care, because your float tube is a floating device itself. The logic is having a PDF is like having a lifesaver and a PDF being worn at the same time. However, when you launched from a strict launch ramp as part of the quagga mussel checkpoint, they will ask you for a PDF as safety measure, to properly protect the agency's butt. You don't have to wear it, but it has to be within reaching distant.

But, my suggestion is, even with a great swimming capability, have yourself a PFD, class III. If you don't want it getting in your way, a high end inflatable version for boater is always good to have. You never know when the PFD will be saving your life when an accident occur in/on the water.

6New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am

chevyblue01

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you guys all for the great input. I appreciate all the info it's much appreciated. Getting excited to get out on the water and try this tube thing out.

7New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome aboard

8New to the forum and tubing Empty Re: New to the forum and tubing Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:08 am

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum