FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt

+13
sonarbp
bucketmouthking
Love2fish
bayfishingjunkie
Monster
ed5000x
fever
smith's handpoured baits
Dano67
flyfishingfool
Madbasser
waxon67
jeffcpr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:22 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Harbor seals geek

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

77Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:Harbor seals geek

That would be awesome until they got up to the boat Shocked

78Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Talk about being a human bobber

79Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I can just imagine my face when that head came out of the water. Bet you have never seen 230 lbs move that fast across the water in a float tube. It would be like I had a motor implanted up my........ affraid

80Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:39 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I had a seal surface next to me once about 5 feet away, I think I acually jumped out of the water and I moved faster than I though I could.

81Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:39 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yo Dano never had a dog come visit ya when surfin? What a Face

82Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:I had a seal surface next to me once about 5 feet away, I think I acually jumped out of the water and I moved faster than I though I could.

Hey Jeff we had one hang with us at the lab member?

83Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya that one was bigger than the first one I saw.

84Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:56 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

They're out there always. I prefer to see them instead of "not" see them. I have had my fins bit. I have been bumped, barked at and had them throw a fish at me or "to" me. Porpoise will mess with you too in open water. Ahhh nature! Just love it! Razz affraid lol!

85Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:23 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ok thats enough
Shocked

86Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Dano67

Dano67

ed5000x wrote:ok thats enough
Shocked

When you surf in Malibu, they brush the bottoms of your feet.. Talk about laying a golden brick green happy

87Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ok bring my fishing bow

88Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wow, salts a hole different world. Shocked

89Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:wow, salts a hole different world. Shocked

90Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

LOL you guys are hilarious!

91Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Oh man, that video just made me want to chuck a 6" swimbait in the water Twisted Evil I will bet that would be one heck of a float tube ride!!!!

92Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm

I would like to see what bayfishingjunkie is catching in the bay on 6 inch baits! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I don't think I have ever fished any baits larger than 4"! Please share with us on our 6" bait secrets! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

93Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Spottys.... Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The whole 6" swimbait thing happened to me by accident... kind of. I was living in Santa Monica from 2007-2010 and was fishing Marina Del Rey almost on a daily basis. Being that I was able to fish there pretty much at will I had alot of opportunities to try different things. I tubed the bay about a dozen times but worked the docks and shoreline areas countless times... Well one morning in May of 09 I realized I only had the 6" hammers with the big lead heads left in my bag of tricks.. So I had to use them... 2nd cast I get ripped hard,, line peeling off the drag like crazy. Lucky for me I was using 30# mono and was able to land a 6 1/2 pound sand bass... I have pics so let me see if I can attach one.. oh well it keeps saying file too large.. From that day on I will always throw that bait and it works.. my biggest spotty was a 5 1/2 pounder that hit a 6" hammer.. They are worth throwing..

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

94Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good enough for me!!! I'm thowing the 6" hammer!!

Note to self, pick up 6" hammers next time I'm at Dicks!

95Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:The whole 6" swimbait thing happened to me by accident... kind of. I was living in Santa Monica from 2007-2010 and was fishing Marina Del Rey almost on a daily basis. Being that I was able to fish there pretty much at will I had alot of opportunities to try different things. I tubed the bay about a dozen times but worked the docks and shoreline areas countless times... Well one morning in May of 09 I realized I only had the 6" hammers with the big lead heads left in my bag of tricks.. So I had to use them... 2nd cast I get ripped hard,, line peeling off the drag like crazy. Lucky for me I was using 30# mono and was able to land a 6 1/2 pound sand bass... I have pics so let me see if I can attach one.. oh well it keeps saying file too large.. From that day on I will always throw that bait and it works.. my biggest spotty was a 5 1/2 pounder that hit a 6" hammer.. They are worth throwing..

like i said i am new to this lure thing so i will dig out some 6 inch hammers and bring them along
thanks for sharing cuzz sharing is caring lol Very Happy

96Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am

Well, allrighty then! Thanks for sharing bayfishingjunkie! Let's go fishing!

97Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Damn 5 1/2 lbs. spottie that is a monster great job we have to get that picture of the Sandbass up here so we can all see Shocked

98Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 am

jeffcpr wrote:Damn 5 1/2 lbs. spottie that is a monster great job we have to get that picture of the Sandbass up here so we can all see Shocked

5.5LB Spottie is a trophy. I think the record is just over 6 pounds. I have a few caught in over 5 pounds but none on a 6" bait. Very Happy I will see if I can find some of my photos of my Spotted Bay Bass trips.

99Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

Dano67

Dano67

Im going to glue two 6" swim baits togeher and catch me a float tuber!!!! Bet I can hook at least a 200 pounder Twisted Evil 230 in the ear if i'm not paying attention Shocked

100Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 4 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

You will need to photo your tuber on the scale just so you know, and it must be released no harm shale come to it ok

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum