FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laguna niguel Barbless?

+2
jeffcpr
BassHunter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Laguna niguel Barbless? Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm

BassHunter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Like the title says is laguna niguel lake barbless hooks only even if fishing for bass? I've fished there before and knew of this can someone chime in on this? Was thinking of heading there in the morning with a tube packed of barbed bass lures lol but don't want any problems

2Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No it has been along time sense I have been there but I believe the barbless issue is only for the float tube fly fishing trout event. I could be wrong but that is what I remember, just take a pair of pliers and mash down the barb's on a few jigs before heading out. Good luck wish I was going and let us know how you do.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm

BassHunter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If you go on there website thats just what is says under there rules doesn't say anything about only during derbys though, I just like fishing with swimbaits and crank baits I don't know if i wanna smash any of those down there pricey, maybe just hit irvine lake instead it will be my first time out on a tube.

4Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is a good idea still good luck and let us know how it goes.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Sat May 10, 2014 1:17 am

anrk4u2oioioi

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey man, its probably too late but.... Laguna Niguel offers a $5 catch and release pass for trout. I believe you only need barbless if you are doing catch and release for trout. I have fished there many times over the years and nobody who works there has ever asked or checked what I was using, only making sure I was only keeping the limit.

6Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya know i've sen that before long time ago about the barbless hooks, but i only have barbed hooks lol. i've only caught bass and blue gill out there never trout so maybe just maybe they dont care as much. but i've never had a issue and i've gonethere quiet a few times

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

7Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Mon May 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

sorry for the late response basshunter but yeah the barbless is only if you want to catch and release the trout......all other is cool using barb.....

how did you do...

8Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Tue May 13, 2014 9:22 pm

BassHunter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Your right I believe the barbless is just for C&R trout and during float tube Derbys , caught a big skunk lol the water is really clear there right now I was there after this recent change think the bass are just a little weary still, saw lots of bass lol, seems like a good local tubing spot, rates are back down to $22 for fishing permit $5 float tube Permit plus $3-$5 to enter park kinda pricy but if your gonna fish at least 4 hrs its worth it if your local

9Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Thu May 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

BassHunter wrote:Your right I believe the barbless is just for C&R trout and during float tube Derbys , caught a big skunk lol the water is really clear there right now I was there after this recent change think the bass are just a little weary still, saw lots of bass lol, seems like a good local tubing spot, rates are back down to $22 for fishing permit $5 float tube Permit plus $3-$5 to enter park kinda pricy but if your gonna fish at least 4 hrs its worth it if your local

sucks on the skunk but yeah laguna niguel holds lots of bass....i had huge ones chasing me swimbait the last time i was their, pretty crazy....i havent tubed it their, i usually do a boat with my boss...but im down to meet during the week for an afternoon session...all boats have to be off at 7 i think, tubes can stay on till 8pm....good deal!

10Laguna niguel Barbless? Empty Re: Laguna niguel Barbless? Fri May 16, 2014 2:52 am

bugger

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Their rules look pretty clear to me.

‘CATCH & RELEASE’ IS PERMITTED USING ARTIFICIAL LURES AND JIGS WITH ‘BARBLESS’ HOOKS ONLY.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum