FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 3:27 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 2:26 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 6:37 pm

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:02 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 11:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 2:34 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sun May 05, 2024 5:31 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sun May 05, 2024 1:20 am

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 3:22 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 6:33 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 pm

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inline reel for float tubing

+5
kobra
Jerdon
jeffcpr
SirMixALot
Komori Jeff
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inline reel for float tubing Empty Inline reel for float tubing Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:04 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got a new reel to try out while float tubing for Bluegill, Redears and crappie at Lake Perris.  Since I do a lot of deep water (15 to 30 ft) vertical jigging for panfish while float tubing, this "new" type reel made for ice fishing by Eagle Claw just might workout pretty good.  It's made for very light line; 1 to 4 lb test, has an adjustable free spool button and a smooth star drag system.  The double handle has large soft grips. You can't really cast with it, it's made to just drop your bait straight down to either jig, troll or dead stick it.  Going to be interesting trying out something new.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What's the benefit of this reel over a bait caster or spinning reel?

3Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:49 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is a killer looking reel I am sure it will be fun to play with, let us know what you think of it after you try it out. ?Question? How much does something like that go for.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

WTG Komuri, I look forward to a report.
I tried using a spinning reel with an ulralight ice fishing rod for dropping down to BlueGill and hated it. With out the ability to cast, the whippy little rod was too short, I was lost.

5Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:20 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SirMixALot- You do not get any line twist. Like I mentioned, it's an ice fishing reel, made to fish either straight down or out at a slight angle while trolling or drifting.
Jerdon- I use a couple
short rods while tubing. One of my favorites is a little 4 ft. Daiwa Spinmatic which is rated for 1-4 lb line. I don't need to make long casts while out in 12 to 20 FOW.

6Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Komori,

Did you get a chance to try this set up out?
Was wondering how you liked it.

7Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:44 am

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looks great. In theory it should be perfect for panfish. I hate the line twist from ultralite spinners.

8Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:15 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No, I have just been too busy at work and here at the house to get out and fish. Heck, I haven't even got my fishing license yet. I've got several new things to try out, can't wait to get out there! Fishing for panfish is fairly slow right now at LP, but I think the big crappie will start biting any time now. Then in early spring the Redears start up, and finally around March & April, the 'Gills will start getting active. Then in May, the water should be warm enough to go in without waders. It's just going to be too bad that the Bernasconi area will be closed off for float tube launching, because that area has the best fishing.

9Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:12 am

Crappie are starting to go , they just elude me . Been a guy the last 2 weeks bringing in multiple crappie , dunno where he is catching them , but he has them dialed in . he shows me all the time when he comes through the launch ramp

10Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

that's a nice looking reel Komori, I hope you make a review on it once you break it in.

11Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Komori,

Have you got a chance to try this thing out?
I was wondering about this lately.

12Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:48 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ooooooh a new reel! Gotta have one just cuz!

13Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:32 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, I have tried out this very cool reel and though it's different, I really like it.  What I think is great is that you can put the "clicker" on while you slowly kick or drift along, and if you get a bite, the reel will tell you.  You do need to loosen the drag somewhat for this to work, then you can easily tighten it up while fighting the fish, and also turn off the clicker or it will make that noise while you are bringing in the fish.  The star drag is a little touchy and you have to get it set just right while using the very light lines that this reel was made for.  For me, I use circle hooks so I do not have to "set the hook", the fish hook themselves when they grab the bait/lure and turn to swim away with it.  Just put the rod in rod holder and relax.  Rod goes down, drag clicker screams and FISH ON!
This is my buddy's fish, which I think has awesome colors.  Big male chunk of a Bluegill!  Remember..Catch, Photo,and Release!

14Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:02 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

As if I don't have enough rods and reels already! I need this one. I think it would be a nice reel for trolling, which I happen to love.

15Inline reel for float tubing Empty Re: Inline reel for float tubing Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

that reel is sick!! i love the idea. im glad it worked out for you. its a damn good idea.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum