FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complete noob to float tube fishing

+3
rusty hook
Jerdon
Dahoang55
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Complete noob to float tube fishing Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:38 am

Dahoang55

FTFF Gathering Officer

What's good everyone? My name is David and I'm from San Diego. Just bought a Cumberland and planning on doin a lot of marina/bay fishing. I'm currently building a rod rack from abs piping (will post a pic when completed) but I haven't bought fin or waders. I was thinking breathable waders would be sufficient given the warm weather here in SD. Not trying to break the bank for waders and fins;willing to spend about 200 total for both. Any quick suggestions as you swing a "hello" would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Hello David and welcome.
I would go to Bass Pro or something similar and get the waders and fins together to make sure of a good fit.

3Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Dahoang55

FTFF Gathering Officer

thanks for the tips man! i'll definitely go to turners and/or bass pro and do a full fitting.

4Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

If you have Turners down there the Hot Spot fins are a great deal. Do a search here for them. I don't know what to tell you on waders other than having a front zip can be pretty comfortable during a 6 hour or more fishing session.

5Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:45 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hello and welcome. You will find many helpful advise from this group of guys. Any time you want to go hit the water just message me and I will meet you for some fun on the water and if you have any questions I would be more than happy to aswere if I can. By the way, I found that Tideland park in Coronado is very good to start off.

6Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:32 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Welcome to the forum david....and for sure 2 hundy is enough....I got my waders on line for like 40 bucks they were originally like 80 and my fins from a shop in costa mesa called his and her fly shop.....for like 45 - 50

Good luck bro....

7Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:21 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards.

For fins I would recommend either the hot spot fins or the force fins. I started off with the hot spots and sold those to get the force fins. Both are great fins.

For waders I would recommend breathable waders with neoprene booties. Zippered front would be ideal but they can get pricey. If going with non zippered just make sure to get them a size or two bigger to allow for wiggle room. Lastly, get some water shoes or wading booties to go over the neoprene booties of the waders. This will protect your waders from ripping at the feet.

Good luck out there Thumbs Up

8Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:32 am

SoCalTrouter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi David, I was in a Sports Chalet over the weekend and they had a decent pair of adjustable fins for $48 bucks. Sorry I didn't get the make/model but they were the only ones at that price and black in color. I would check out FishUSA.com for solid deals on waders. Hope this helps!

9Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Dahoang55

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for all the tips fellas! I picked up some breathable hodgman waders and hotspots from Turner's. I got excited and purchased them on the spot didn't even look for bargains online haha. I will buy some water shoes to protect the neoprene booties as well. I target hali's and I can't wait to post pics of my catches.

10Complete noob to float tube fishing Empty Re: Complete noob to float tube fishing Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:43 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the site. Great guys here. I remember my maiden voyage. Just don't go solo like I did

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum