FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

silverwood lake 5/15-17

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty silverwood lake 5/15-17 Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys, so I'm camping on silverwood lake in 2 weeks, I i've never been there, what's the best way to fish there? Im targeting LMB and strippers. Are float allowed?
I'm planning on bringing my 10inc triple trout, a frog and " CL8 mouse. Any tips? Thanks Smile

2silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty Re: silverwood lake 5/15-17 Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Good stuff bro! Never been! But good luck.....im sure there peeps here with info!

3silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty Re: silverwood lake 5/15-17 Tue May 05, 2015 8:37 am

yup they allow float tubes and Kayaks , just like a lot of places they require a mandatory Inspection of all watercraft for Quagga and Zebra Mussels .

During the week i know the Cleghorn gate has been closed , but they have been opening that gate up Friday , Saturday and Sunday for a different launch point , seems alot of tubers like to go out of there because thats where they have been planting all the trout .

Seems alot of LMB and Stripers are being pulled from the lanes between Cleghorn and Miller mostly in the mouth of the Channels , swimbaits , DS, Senkos, and creature baits all been working good . (like alot of places the Shad have been spawning and the fish are keying on them)

- Time to break out the Red Eye Shad in Crome Sexy Shad and Gold Sexy Shad Thumbs Up

Wes

4silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty Re: silverwood lake 5/15-17 Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Grate info wes! Thank you! Smile

5silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty Re: silverwood lake 5/15-17 Tue May 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Also since alot of lakes are in post spawn its the perfect time to throw Top water walking baits , the females are pissed at the world after the spawn and readily will take a top water bait making a ton of noise . work it fast over grass flats especially . soon as that water temps stays in the high 60's-70 its game on !

If you see the bluegill starting to bed on the shell beds , work the top water to the bed stop it , twitch a few times and pause a lot of female bass will be sitting in ambush positions here waiting on a free meal Twisted Evil I started getting blown up last week on top water @ perris

just another fun bite to take advantage of this time of yr especially .

WES

6silverwood lake 5/15-17 Empty Re: silverwood lake 5/15-17 Tue May 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Top water! My favorite type of fishing!!!! Im throwing my Austin mouse lure! Haven't throw that enough to catch something yet!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum