FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish Cat 4 Question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:59 pm

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

For those that own them.......Between the Deluxe and Standard models, is there really a big difference with the seats? Being 5'7", is one style going to be better than the other for the price?

2Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The biggest difference is that the Delux inflatable seats and backrest are more comfortable and more packable than the foam ones. And the foam ones can be a pain that you have to pull them out and let them dry, sometimes having to rotate them to get all the water out. Also if you need to carry it the inflatable seats are lighter.

3Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:43 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well being 5'7" you also have to think about your legs and the farth up ypu are the less your flippers are in the water and having the right flipper for you will make a big difference i am 5'10" i have a cumberland and a big horn the cumberland my cafs are in the water and i have caddis step in fins they work great on the big horn but that good in the cumberland
dont get me wrong i move ok in the cumberland but a few guys were letting me know that a good pair of flipper are the key to move your tube what ever tube you get
i hope someone chime in on this .this is the lil info i have i hope it helps and i know there guys out there with better answer than i
ED

4Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ed, I get what your saying. I have the adjustable Force Fins for my short stubby legs.. Not being able to sit in one, I have to go by what you users tell me.

5Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

I just bought the Fish Cat Deluxe a little bit ago. My first outing in her was at the San Diego trip we just did. I am short. I am 5'6". The Fish Cat is a great tube for sure. Like Ed said, I had that issue. Although it was not really an issue. The tube design is very efficient. Only my calves were in the water. I will be using fins Dano let me try next time. They are much longer. Should have better effort=efficient outcome. The Deluxe is pretty comfy. Hit up Dano. I think he may sell his Fish Cat with custom rod holders!

6Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Okay,

There is no height difference on seating between the deluxe and regular. If your not going to roll it up and put it in a pack, it is not worth the difference. If you are not over 200 lbs, you will probably never notice the difference between the deluxe and regular. If you fall in the two categories above, buy the regular. If not, buy the deluxe. So seeing as I am over the 200 lb rate by a tiny tiny bit and I do roll them up and pack them I need a deluxe and will sell mine with the rod holder and the fishfinder holder if you want that side also. They are 195 plus tax new everywhere. I was thinking 150 with both wings.

Dano

7Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Dano67

Dano67

On the fins, I have found that the longer semi stiff dive fins work really well. Long kicks all day long is way easier on your legs than short kicks all day. If anyone wants to try my fins next time we go out, just ask. You will be sold in a second. Very Happy

8Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dano, what fins are you using? How do you think they compare to the Force Fins I have now?

9Fish Cat 4 Question Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 Question Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I have heard nothing but good things regarding the force fins. I have a se or two of shorter fins that I used to use. I use a skin diving fin that is a medium flex. They are about t feet long and give you some really good speed with very little effort. I can literally kick all day and not be tired whereas my small fins made my feet cramp after about 4 hours. This is compounded when you use them in colder water. I have done a lot of tubing in Washington State in the winter. It's all about eficient your gear is. That is also one of the main reasons I like the Fishcat, nose is out of the water and you are gliding thru the water, not pushing it out of the way.

Dano

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum