FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keitech FAT Swing Impact

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Keitech FAT Swing Impact Empty Keitech FAT Swing Impact Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Thank's to a mention by frankd619, I decided to try these swim baits and I decided they deserved a second vote.

I fished the 2.8 in the "Sexy Shad" color on 1/8 oz realistic looking jig heads in both regular and underspin style. I clipped the rounded heads back a bit to make them snug up to the jig heads better. I'm a believer in realistic eyes and profile.

Up until now, the only swim baits I've used have been Big Hammers and they've caught me a lot of fish. I always give them the hot water treatment to soften them up a bit and make them swim better. As you probably know, the "secret" to getting the best action is careful hook placement. It has to be centered side to side and it has to be the right distance back so it sits naturally on the hook.

The main difference I noted right away with the Keitech baits is they are softer. According to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they are also salted and have a squid scent. I understand the salting gives them a higher density and so they sink better and I did notice that they sank better than I expected on the lightweight jig heads.

They also have a very thin "hinge" section connecting the paddle tail to the body and so it gives very good swimming action at low speeds (meaning on the drop).

The only drawback is the softness equates to a lack of durability. I had two of them get bit in half by mackerels and they rarely survived a hookup and catch. At $9.00 for a pack of eight, they make me want to figure out how to pour my own.

If you're a swim bait guy, I think these are worth giving a try.

2Keitech FAT Swing Impact Empty Re: Keitech FAT Swing Impact Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great write up and thanks for sharing Bob.
I was not aware of the built in "squid" scent.
And yea for plastics! Great action and
 Built in service life.  cheers

3Keitech FAT Swing Impact Empty Re: Keitech FAT Swing Impact Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for sharing Bob . This was some great info and I learned a few things myself here. I know Keitech's are the go to now pretty much for all anglers and I have used them myself and had success with them  . Upon talking with a few local tournament bass anglers I came across a good friend using the Jackall Rhythm Wave and he has been a 100% keitech guy with A-Rig's and has switched due to durability issues like a senko , will we stop using a senko ? heck no , there is no other bait on the market that falls like it , but if we could,  would we ?  just another option here for a cheaper price  Thumbs Up

Take a look : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wes

4Keitech FAT Swing Impact Empty Re: Keitech FAT Swing Impact Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I use Keitech for most of my creatures.
I can't wait to give these a cast!

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5Keitech FAT Swing Impact Empty Re: Keitech FAT Swing Impact Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Getbent.sportfishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

Keitechs are great. I still use big hammers but they just get better action, especially when fishing slow for the harbor. But, the salt they use causes them to not be very durable. I'm lucky to get 2 bites without replacing my bait. Last month I bought 2 packs of them and I am almost out after only 2 trips. I usually fish the 3.3" on a 3/8 Owner darter head. Although clipping the tip off makes it fit the jighead better, I actually found that it stays on better if you leave the tip on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum