FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marina Del Rey and more...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marina Del Rey and more... Empty Marina Del Rey and more... Sun May 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Marina Del Rey is pretty much my northern limit for a one-day excursion, so I decided to give it a go.

It's really big and packed with dock structure to fish. In fact, I had it in mind to kick out to the rocks with the outgoing tide, but I caught a couple of micro-spotties in the first bit of structure right off the beach and that was that. I ended up fishing the docks to about half way out before it was time to turn back.

Small spotties, a decent Barred Sand Bass, and a couple of Yellow Fin Croakers.

I saw lots of paddle boarders and kayakers, but no other fishermen except one guy in a bass boat. I think next time I'm going to launch from the beach and hit that outer wall.

On a separate note....

I also passed what I consider to be a personal "float tube fishing video" milestone this week. Hence my posting in this "video" forum and not as a straight up fish report.

About a month ago, I decided to get serious and apply my knowledge of SEO to my YouTube channel and videos. It's really not rocket science, you just have to take the time  to read and follow the guidelines that Google and YouTube freely provide.... and the public has to approve of your offering. Measuring how people react to your videos is a huge part of what they look at to rate your videos for certain keywords.

The result of my efforts is that one of my videos is now the number 2 result on YouTube when people search with the phrase "float tube fishing." I'm out-ranking guys with 10 times as many views as I have, and while you can chalk some of that up to good optimization, the main reason is two metrics, "minutes watched" and "user engagement."

People are watching that video all the way through and they're responding to it favorably. In other words, their actions are telling YouTube (Google) that they like my video as the result for that search phrase. It's algorithms; pure mathematics.

The extra cool thing about this result is that the video in question is about my setup and how easy it is to get started in float tube fishing. The conclusion is irrefutable... most people searching on YouTube with the words "float tube fishing" are actually looking for information on what it takes to get started in this great sport.

And YouTube has decided that I'm one of the best offerings they have to meet that expectation... and I'm excited about that!

As far as YouTube is concerned, Float Tube Fishing = Ornery Bob, and I think that's pretty cool. Your mileage may vary.

That video includes a recommendation for the CastMate Systems rod holder and so it's not just me, it's one of our sponsors that is now in the number 2 position for float tube fishing. I'm helping them hit their exact target market, and I'm happy about that too.

I've also written an e-book called "The Beginner's Guide to Float Tube Fishing" to help people get started and even though I haven't advertised it yet, I'm getting 3 to 4 downloads a day, which I find very encouraging. You can find it on my website if you care to, I won't spam the forum with my personal links.

I think it's cool that my latest download is from a guy whose first name is Mustapha and he's somewhere in Egypt. This sport is truly global!

My enthusiasm for this sport goes beyond the time I spend on the water and I'm tooting my own horn a bit because I think I've achieved a significant amount of success in promoting this sport in a very short time. And it's pretty much simply because I've stepped up. Anybody could have done it, but they haven't bothered.

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea and that's OK, no one ever is. I have to be who I am, but I believe this sport is ready to explode in popularity, and I'm not going to just sit back and hope that happens. Love it or hate it, I'm going to keep doing everything I can to make that happen. My desire is to be a force for the positive in this sport and I'm in it for the long haul.

2Marina Del Rey and more... Empty Re: Marina Del Rey and more... Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

WTG on the YouTube channel Bob.

I see you were hiding from the sun pretty good there.

Thanks for sharing.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum