FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My SAFETY IS #1

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty My SAFETY IS #1 Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

At times I'm motivated to load everything that I own; for fishing, into my FT because everything seems so important or that it will be needed during one of my sessions.

One of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] most important things to carry; to me, is my is my float tube inflation hose, next to my PFD and my assist whistle.

A while back I was fishing in the LAB with fellow FTFF member David886720, I was releasing a fish and it flipped-up off my lap tray and landed ontop the right side baffle, puncturing a hole thru my float tube bladder. Hssss!!!!!!
We were approx an 1/8 mile from our launch (close) and David came to my rescue with his float tube inflation hose that he always carries with him on his FT.
Was I ever surprised and relieved!
I inserted the hose into the Boston Valve and left it connected as I needed to blow air back into my FT bladder approx every 10-minutes.

David really came to my assist and rescued the remainder of my session and my dignity, I was able to fish another two hours with the hissing puncture.

Since that time with David, I have been punctured again at the LAB, but this time I am carrying my float tube inflation hose with me.
And now, I'll never leave the shoreline without it.

I've been punctured two more times.
This one time, I was approx 3/4 mile from my launch; deep in the Jungle, and a repair patch failed me. S_hit does Happen!
And the other time was once again another fish attack ... Hhssss!!!
This time it punctured the bottom side of the bladder on it's release.

Then on two other occasions, I had lent my float tube inflation hose out to singletrack because he had either a puncture leak or a failed patch. He was also able to continue his session of catching more fish than me. lol What can I say!

Bottom line: with a puncture, I don't panic because I know that I have the means to put air back into my FT bladder and to make it back safely to my launch with all my gear in-tact without sinking.

FYI: You can puncture your air bladder by rubbing it against the docks, piers, columns, mussels, docked boats, clams, barnacles ...... ect.

Maintaining the air in my tubes is one of my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] priorities!
So ... I recommend that we all be sure to pack our float tube inflation hose's on our FT's along with our PFD's and our safety whistles.

PS ... Thank you David, you inspired me to carry mine at all times, I am so grateful to you!  Thumbs Up
I now carry mine; at all times, behind the driver seat of my Cumberland in it's extremely convenient cargo storage pouch.

PSS ... Not everyone has the Boston Valves on their float tubes, so be certain to bring the one that fits your valve.

Thanx for putting up with the extremely "YAWN" long read.  Cool

SP Dan    <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 am; edited 4 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

21 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Your welcome Dan.  Glad I was able to be of service to you that day!  Thanks for putting in the time to write up this safety tip Thumbs Up   It's good advice for someone who has never thought of this situation.  I in turn want to thank Marty (Dosomedirt).  He was the one who gave me this advice.

31 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

You are awesome Marty!

Thank you Marty,
Your sharing with David has definitely paid-ahead for you.
Your shared knowledge continues to trickle-down to and thru the rest of us newbies to others!

You are also my hero Sir!

SP Dan <"))><

41 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:20 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great job Marty and Dave and thanks to you SP Dan for adding this to the site. I have always thought about taking some extra tubing with me for just that reason. So I have an idea, I will share it with everyone later today.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

51 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for sharing this Dan.

Like you I keep a hose in the storage behind the seat.
I was shown this by a fellow tuber (bigmouthbasshole) and it left a lasting impression.

61 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dan,

Where you able to add air without using a hand pump?

71 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Capt Ray,

Yes.

While puffing; 3-5 big lungs full of, air thru the air hose every 10-minutes or so.
Oh ... and I lean away from the bladder that I'm puffing air into for obvious reasons.
It's really simple.
That was enough to get the bladder tight again and to continue my session, and my pleasure of ... fishing.

SP Dan     <"))><

Here are a few pic's of my air pump w/ hoses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope this was helpful to you.

SP Dan     <"))><

PS ... I would enjoy coming down from SP LA and fish the MB SD area with you some time.

I fished down there one time with singletrack and I really enjoyed it, and if you ever head up this way; to LAC or NOC, ... I'd be glad to take you out for a session in my area.  Thumbs Up
We have LAH, LAB and HH to choose from.

How's the bite been in your area?
Our harbors are slowing down and the fish are getting smaller and skinnier in LAH.
One session, I landed a 30" and a 23" Hali a few weeks ago here in LAH. Both CPR'd.

Also, lately there has been a huge amount of bait fish in the water here and yet we still have mostly skinny fish?????? Go figure?!?! lol

Give me a shout some time.

Dan

81 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have only been out three times, all fresh water. I have not fished a tube in saltwater yet. I will definitely give it a shot.

My old office on NAB Coronado overlooked the bay from the golf course south. I could see folks fishing from their tubes with bent rods. Made it hard to get any work done.

91 - My SAFETY IS #1 Empty Re: My SAFETY IS #1 Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

My offer still stands. Thumbs Up

SP Dan <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum