FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

ELECTRIC MOTOR AND POUNDS OF THRUST ON A PONTOON BOAT...

+3
sonarbp
ed5000x
socalEMT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

TO ALL OF U OUT THERE WITH PONTOON BOATS AND AN ELECTRIC MOTOR I HAVE A QUESTION...IM CURRENTLY BUILDING A MOTOR MOUNT ON MY CREEK COMPANY SPORT LT BUT WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF MOTORS U GUYS R RUNNING?

BASICALLY IM JUST COPYING CREEK COMPANIES MOUNT BUT ADDING A FEW THINGS TO IT AND SPENDING JUST A FRACTION OF WHAT THEY WANT FOR IT. I KNOW THERE R MANY DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING IT SO MAYBE A FEW PICS CAN BE POSTED ALSO TO HELP ME OUT A LIL BIT? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. ILL POST MINE IN THE NXT COUPLE OF DAYS WHEN IT GETS FURTHER ALONG.

THANKS Very Happy

JD

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good luck on the project hope it turns out good for you Thumbs Up

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

socalEMT you are not going to need much thrust to move your pontoon...a 36# thrust will be fine.

Just remember that as soon as you put that motor on your pontoon you will need to have a CF#.

Here are the regs.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sonarbp

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:socalEMT you are not going to need much thrust to move your pontoon...a 36# thrust will be fine.

Just remember that as soon as you put that motor on your pontoon you will need to have a CF#.

Here are the regs.....

sonarbp

Let us know when you go for registration. We will have a group prayer in hopes the DMV person you encounter will understand what you are trying to do. Rolling Eyes

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

DANG I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THAT Sad

O WELL HAHA AND YA...I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW THAT CONVERSATION IS GOING TO GO...I THINK IN THAT CASE A PICTURE MIGHT ACTUALLY LITERALLY BE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS LOL ANY IDEA ON HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO REGISTER? I MIGHT HAVE TO PUT THIS PROJECT OFF TILL NOVEMBER CUZ IM OUT OF WORK RIGHT NOW ON DISABILITY AND MONEY IS A LIL TIGHT AND I DONT GO BACK TILL HALLOWEEN Sad

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

socalEMT wrote:DANG I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THAT Sad

O WELL HAHA AND YA...I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW THAT CONVERSATION IS GOING TO GO...I THINK IN THAT CASE A PICTURE MIGHT ACTUALLY LITERALLY BE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS LOL ANY IDEA ON HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO REGISTER? I MIGHT HAVE TO PUT THIS PROJECT OFF TILL NOVEMBER CUZ IM OUT OF WORK RIGHT NOW ON DISABILITY AND MONEY IS A LIL TIGHT AND I DONT GO BACK TILL HALLOWEEN Sad

I went through this when I registered my canoe becuase I put a trolling motor on it. I think it cost me 12 bucks. The biggest cost is the tax and one time fees on the vessel i.e. your pontoon, tube boat whatever. You will need to have an original bill of sale for your vessel. Actually a picture is a great idea so I would plan on that one too. The hang up is going to be possibly on entering a hull number. A tube no got and I do not know about a pontoon. This is the form you will need to have ready:

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I don't have a float tube yet, but I read that read that a sea doo scooter works just as good and you won't have to register it. Hopefully when I get all my gear setup and ready I can find a way to rig it so it sits just under the seat and I can turn it on and off easily.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:I don't have a float tube yet, but I read that read that a sea doo scooter works just as good and you won't have to register it. Hopefully when I get all my gear setup and ready I can find a way to rig it so it sits just under the seat and I can turn it on and off easily.

Wonder where I saw one of those things before? silent

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol U member

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:

I went through this when I registered my canoe becuase I put a trolling motor on it. I think it cost me 12 bucks. The biggest cost is the tax and one time fees on the vessel i.e. your pontoon, tube boat whatever. You will need to have an original bill of sale for your vessel. Actually a picture is a great idea so I would plan on that one too. The hang up is going to be possibly on entering a hull number. A tube no got and I do not know about a pontoon. This is the form you will need to have ready:

My cumberland has a hull number Sad Sad

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

That I gotta see!

My cumberland has a hull number Sad Sad

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think this is a hull number or a serial number don't sure but it is on my tube in to spots one on the out side and one in the pocket

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

i actually called the department of boating and waterways about the hull number. first check with your manufacturer. the tube or pontoon should have some paperwork with it and they should be able to tell you where the hull number is. if you dont have a hull number, the dmv is supposed to assign one for you which you must permanently display on your watercraft.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thanks good looking out Very Happy

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i just took a look at my creel company and it has what looks to be a serial number in 2 different places on the frame. would that be the same as the hull number or would dmv issue me one?

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

huyeed wrote:i actually called the department of boating and waterways about the hull number. first check with your manufacturer. the tube or pontoon should have some paperwork with it and they should be able to tell you where the hull number is. if you dont have a hull number, the dmv is supposed to assign one for you which you must permanently display on your watercraft.

It all comes down to the yahoo you get at the DMV window. If they know what to do - great. But if they do not...you are at the mercy of their ignorance and that of the "stupervisor" who may or may not descend from the clouds to touch you and your humble civil servant on the other side with their vast wisdom and knowledge. One hand seldom knows what the other one is doing i.e. Dept this to dept. that.

Best plan is to be educated, prepared and assertive. If you have to have the DBW regs with you to accomplish your goal along with any other arsenal it is recommended.

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

honestly, dmv, dbw, harbor patrol, uscg, they all are very confused regarding vessel registration. not only be educated and assertive, i'd just print out the regulations and bring them with me. everything from the definition of a vessel or watercraft to the policies regarding craft without an HID. like mentioned before, have pictures of everything.

i think all creek company boats have the HID on the boat itself in two different places. should be on the square tubing that supports the seat. the other location varies. your user manual tells you where it is. also, all inflatable craft should come with a manufacturer's statement of origin, which i believe would be helpful for registration. it obviously contains manufacturer's info (usually some company in china that the work was outsourced to), the supervisor's name, and the HID if your boat has one.

registration fees are on the dmv website, the costs vary from year to year. i believe odd numbered years are almost twice as costly. other costs you might need to factor in as well. you may need a lettering kit. i'm pretty sure you'll need to display some sort of id on both sides. if they give you a registration sticker, you might need to build a mount for it. the sticker wont last if you inflate and deflate often. of course, you'll need a pfd.

I have an idea... we should all get back to using our legs as propulsion! Smile

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I have an idea... we should all get back to using our legs as propulsion! Smile

Amen!!! cheers cheers cheers

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You mean no more scooter Sad but i am getting old

Dano67

Dano67

Come on, you are younger than I am... You can do the kick Senor!!!

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

hahahaha im just looking to give the guys in the boats who always think its ok to wake me and think its alright get to as close as they want to before they fire up their motor somethin else to look at besides my finger as they leave lol

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i just saw the senior i think i skiped a star i when from old time to senior what the 4th star Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum