FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Troutbum Today at 5:41 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pontoon w/trolling motor

+5
ed5000x
jeffcpr
huyeed
fever
ODCtuber
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Toon Sold Thanks for Looking Cool

Last edited by ODCtuber on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Toon Sold)

2Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:15 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wish I had an extra $200, that is a sweet deal should go fast!

3Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

would i need to register the boat if i used the motor?

4Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

huyeed wrote:would i need to register the boat if i used the motor?

Good question I dont think so but I could be wrong let wait to see what others have to say on this.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:39 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes you would engine electric and even sail has to be registered I check into it cause I thought I had to register a tube if if I got a trolling motor lol

6Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i asked around including dmv only needs to be registered if 10' or longer. $200 thats a steal I wish I had the extra cash to hop on that...

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

7Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 pm

jay76

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yes, you need to register your pontoon boat if your gonna use it on state lakes with a trolling motor. I have a 9ft colorado with a electric trolling motor, cost me 34.00 dollars to register.

8Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

well I keep getting different answers... so untill i get told something by the lake patrol its staying as is. I have fished mine in plenty of state lakes already and regional parks and the only thing they are concerned about is a PFD... tubes and toons were invented to be able to fish whereevre you wanted and now they are being banned on some lakes or not allowed in certain areas and now youre telling me I have to register it. Thats too much .. not to mention launch fees also... all about the mighty dollar as usual. well like I said untill they stop me Its staying as is

9Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

anyone know how compact this thing would be if it was taken apart? i need to fit everything into a corolla. and would i even want to attempt to take this into a harbor or bay?

10Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have the same one as pictured. with every extra known to man on it. it fits easily in my honda civic. and I am taking mine fishing for thresher sharks so where you want to take it is up to you it can handle pretty much anything

11Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just picked up an old Mercury trolling motor and still deciding wether to put it on my yak or my buck's bags pontoon. Looking into the whole registering thing too, post up if I find any good info. A few people have told me you have to register anything with a motor but usually kayaks and pontoon boats they just kind of let slide or turn a blind eye to because they are so insignificant.

Launching fees crack me up... it's like wow the lake has to do nothing to help me launch, most of the time the launch ramp sucks and has idiots fishing on it and I'm still being charged extra... you think they be happy just to have me patronize their lake and not take up more shore space for power baiters.

12Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I put a trolling motor on my canoe. I had to register it. Good luck with the DMV personnel even understanding what you are trying to do (be compliant). It came down to bill of sale, hull number/ID a few bucks and my tags. You have to put the hull numbers on (a float tube?) and the tags. Personally, if I was going to do anything less than an actual boat of some kind, I would shine the whole ordeal and risk the ticket. Maybe bad advice but I am with BFJ on the this one. How the process and the laws read for general boat owner's is pretty cut and dry. But when you get to exotic crafts like pontoons, float tubes kayaks etc it's a whole other ball game. Much is left to interpretation. You can quote all the regulation until your face turns blue. Call the Coast Guard. They won't even be able to help you. Most of your life guard at your local lakes don't even know for sure what to do about it. Your tube or kayak or pontoon have a hull number? If not let the head aches begin. You can't even fill out the paper work correctly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And if you BS on any of this and you get called on it? Well, enjoy.

Sorry to sound like a sour puss on this but I speak from experience and I did my homework too.

Just fish.

13Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

amen brother.... Because think about it if I register my toon and it occurrs to me to sell it for some reason then what?? a title change and bill of sale and another trip to the dmv??? it makes no sense whatsoever... if it came down to it I would just unscrew the motor and toss it on shore now its a tottally different vessel... if the governing groups would stop paying themselves outragous saleries for doing pretty much nothing they would not have to charge all the BS fees they do... on a totally different subject I would like for a group of us to have a sit down and disscuss an idea that I have that if done right could make us some money and allow us to hopefully make a living doing what we love ....fishing hit me up if your interested I wont say anything over public air.

14Pontoon w/trolling motor Empty Re: Pontoon w/trolling motor Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hi Guys I'm back up and running. Thanks for looking. The Toon went fast as fever mentioned. I'll get another one in the future, but right now I'll do ok with my tube(s).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum