FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:44 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Solo Session today Mon 11-12-2018.

I always like to take a few minutes before each session to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks; for being so BLESSED to have my health and for the opportunity of being able to be here ... enjoying the water, all of it's abundance and this breath taking sun rise on this morning .... amen
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My day started off by ... I arrived at the launch site and I realized that I had forgotten my phone on my work bench in my garage ...  Mad DARN!! (It operates my RunKeeper app, my Deeper Pro + fish finder and my blue tooth radio speaker!). So I ended up doing the round-trip to home and back.
The bite at LAH started off great with a 13" Spotty right from my launch site (good  Smile  omen) but then it dried up for the next 1.5 hrs (bad  Evil or Very Mad  omen!) with a whole bunch of short bites and mishaps.
My third cast of the morning ... the ceramic ringlet in my eye-tip popped out ... so I ended up carrying a useless rod with me the entire  Crying or Very sad  session. I finally get to one of my favorite spots (feeling positive) and I cast  ... just to have the braided line get all-knotted-up with under-wraps twisting and knotting my line ... it looked like I had three lines coming off my spinning reel spool.
I finally got everything squared away after cutting, threading all of the eyes-lets and re-tying, and now I'm ready to start fishing again ...  Razz phew!!
I proceeded to fish all my known spots for an OK fish count but again I didn't have any Calico's for my Bass Trifecta to cap off my day ... so again I decided to kick the additional 1/2 mile to my CALICO HONEY HOLE that I know of that will give up Calico's on almost every drop.   pale  WRONG!! I arrived to the kelp bed but the Calico weren't as aggressive as the day before. But it was still good!                                                                    
I had approx a 3/4 mile; against the wind, kick back towards my launch site and; along the way back, I had again probably picked up an additional 7-8 fish on the way back.
It was a good day ... INDEED!! Cool

I did meet two-other Float Tuber's out there this morning when I launched, but other than those two guys, we pretty much had the entire LA Harbor to ourselves!    Very Happy

Duration: 06:00 hrs until 11:00 hrs (5 hrs)
Sun Rise: 06:22 hrs,
Sun Set: 16:51 hrs, the days are still getting shorter and shorter as each new day arrives.
Gray Light: 05:45 hrs.  
Tidal Conditions: 06:00 hrs 3.1 ft, 07:00 hrs 3.5 ft, 08:00 hrs 3.9 ft, 09:00 hrs 4.4 ft, 10:00 hrs 0 4.8 ft, 11:02 HT 5.0 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures: clear with temps from 52 deg to 71 deg.
Water temperatures:  63 deg
Wind: 06:00 hrs 7 mph NNW, 11:00 hrs 3 mph WNW.
Water clarity: Murky green
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: spread out, patchy and healthy
Water Visibility: 3 - 4 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 65 in the morning, this is an average stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Minor Period: 10:05 hrs until 11:35 hrs.
(3 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: 4 to report
Dolphin: None to report
Bait Presence: Massive amounts of 1" to 4" shiners with schools of Greenback Mackerel breaking the water in chase of the smaller bait fish!
Distance kicked: 2.67 miles.
Calories Burnt: 634 calories if I had been walking, so I figure approx 700 calories were burnt while kicking for 5-hours.

Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver and Mint,  3/8oz Glow Green, Sardine Green/Silver and Mint colored HUB's

My fish count this morning: 33-fish , 5-species, the "Bass Trifecta" and no legals to report today.

(2) Lizard fish, best 9"

(2) Mackerel, best 11"

(18) short Calico, best 13",

(3) short Sandy's, best 13"

(7) short Spotty's, best 12"

Note: All legals shown, but just one pic of each species landed if short and all fish were quickly CPR'd.

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

23 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:02 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great to see you fished all the last 3 days and had fun Dan. Happy Veteran's Day! and thank you for serving our country.

33 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:02 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Living the dream. What a great haul, super jealous but happy for you! Great report

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

43 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:16 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

More that 2.5 mile kick, that is determination.
Great weekend for you brother and thanks for sharing.

53 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:22 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

david886720 wrote:Great to see you fished all the last 3 days and had fun Dan.  Happy Veteran's Day! and thank you for serving our country.

Thanks David,
I really luv being out there on the water ... a lot!! Very Happy

It was my honor Sir! salute

63 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:28 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:Living the dream. What a great haul, super jealous but happy for you! Great report

Hey Alakai,

Thank you for your constant positive support Sir.
It really means a lot to me! Thumbs Up

Heck! ... in no time ... you'll be showing me the ropes after watching all of those videos! Thumbs Up  
I look forward to the day!  Very Happy

SP Dan     <"))><

73 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:09 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

NIce report and a nice day despite the mishaps. Great job.

83 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

TobyB wrote:NIce report and a nice day despite the mishaps. Great job.

Hi ya TobyB,
Mishaps were due to my allowing my focus to be momentarily distracted.
I’m certain it will happen many more times to me again ! LOL
Yes ... it was a nice day despite  ...

SP Dan.    <“))><

93 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:51 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:
TobyB wrote:NIce report and a nice day despite the mishaps. Great job.

Hi ya TobyB,
Mishaps were due to my allowing my focus to be momentarily distracted.
I’m certain it will happen many more times to me  again ! LOL
Yes ... it was a nice day despite  ...

SP Dan.    <“))><

I hear ya. Been there done that myself.

103 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Empty Re: 3 For 3, SP Dan In LAH Mon 11-12-18 Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:15 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I think that I need to purchase a large spool of string and start tying string around my finger before each session ... so's not to forget ... Hmmmm lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum