FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Island Grissom, 02/27/19, Solo on the fly

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KrazyFish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Launched at 1400 from the beach and kicked out to Grissom.

Armed only with 8 WT Echo Boost, a box of Clouser Minnows of various size and colors, and a Humming Bird PiranhaMax4 fish finder.

Weather was mostly cloudy, SW wind 10 to 12 knots, water temp 58 degrees and clean green. Incoming low-high tide.

Fished the the structure around the island that was holding bait.

Five takes, with three landed:

(2) Sand Bass, one short, one 16"
(1) Spotty, short

All on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] red over orange clouser.

The chartreuse over white clouser got grabs, but I missed the hook sets.

Note: Did not venture into the marina, as not to piss off the Long Beach Lifeguards.

Note [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: My personal opinion of Grissom is that given the trek down the beach to launch, the limited access to the excellent water on the inside of the marina, and the sketchy people in the parking lot watching my every move, I will probably stick to A-Bay and HH as my go to spots.

Grissom provides very little bang for the buck where as the many other spots I can fish have far more holding water and easier access!!!

Still, I feel blessed that I was able to get out and give it a try! It was a nice float, and I managed to find a few!!!

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the awesome report! I agree with you 100% on your feeling about fishing Grissom. I know we are blessed to have so many spots, and that is part of the reason I moved it down my list too. Fished there this past weekend on my inflatable boat (basically a 2 person float tube). Was a trek to get to the water and the people around were pretty sketchy. We were getting the gear ready on the beach when 3 people walked up to one of the homeless tents. They yelled outside the tent "Hey Terri! Can we come in and smoke?!?" LOL Smile Of course Terri was a nice host and invited them in. I fish HH a lot, hopefully we can meet up sometime!

SP Dan

SP Dan

The both of you are spot-on about Grissom Island!

For me it’s a spot to go to after I have fished many other spots elsewhere else first and I just need a new (fresh) AO in order to give it a go. And yes... it is a long trek across the sand or on the asphalt walk to the water’s edge.

On the other hand  ... I have personally pulled out some really nice fish out of there and have seen others pull some nice fish out as well!

In fact, I know that I have missed setting the hook on some really huge grabs that in my imagination were legal halibut.
I have pulled into that parking lot where people have been sleeping on the benches and it does give you kind-of-a eerie feeling walking through all the homeless down there, leaving your vehicle to be prayed upon by the locals. pale

It’s the second closest AO for me to fish before LAB; LAB is the third closest AO to my home, but I do find myself driving past Grissom to go into LAB. I don’t seem to have the same concerns when I park in LAB.

SP Dan      <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good report. It has been a long time since i took a float tube out there. That 16 inch sandie is a nice fish. Great job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum